Your Distribution of Choice? 

spooky_paul

Recruit

Posted: 19 Mar 2007 02:06 Profile

openSUSE Smile

darthyoda3

Recruit

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 02:23 Profile

mandriva 2007 for me! its the only one ive really tryed..... but i might try more as soon as i get more cdr's

-Xi0N-

Recruit

Posted: 19 May 2007 07:20 Profile

Ubuntu Feisty Fawn,

Happy with linux since i got free from the windows almost 3 months ago! Very Happy

IRONFIST-X2

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 16:43 Profile

At the moment I'm running Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty fawn with wine for a few windows based apps I need. So far s good, I did have one small problem installing the ati driver, the CCC would not open. Still working on that one, but everything else works great. Cheesy Grin

-Xi0N-

Recruit

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 16:55 Profile

Actually, what i do when i have compatibility issues, is use vmware 6.... really helps when you still use only-windows apps sometimes..... for example, with my pda, and things like that....

wfc-sneeker

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jun 2007 20:27 Profile United States

ok im usin ubuntu right now and not too hapy, tried gettin gentoo and diddnt work

where can i get a good gentoo?

Lithuanian

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Jun 2007 07:39 Profile Lithuania

Ubuntu Feisty works kinda good to me... except AA doesn't work now there Shocked

sk8dork

Recruit

Posted: 02 Jul 2007 13:04 Profile

i'm an ubuntu user here. currently using feisty fawn. more specifically i am running ubuntu studio at home and regular ubuntu at work. i am using openbox as my window manager on both systems. i am currently anxiously awaiting the release of fluxbuntu.

if you have problems with feisty fawn, i would recommend installing edgy eft. there have been some annoying problems with feisty for a lot of users. my dad being one of them, i've installed edgy on his system and successfully got the ati drivers to work with his radeon 1600 pro. fun stuff.

Lithuanian

Sergeant

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 04:33 Profile Lithuania

nze wrote:

I've been using Debian for some years now, tho I am not 100 % satisfied with it I don't see it so bad that I would need to go and change my distro.

My first distro was SuSE, which also was quite good, especially for beginners. I dont recall the reason for changing it to debian.

I did not succeed in installing Edgy on my system at all Shocked "even" Live cd wouldn't work

Feisty runs though ;) ... just AA doesn't work anymore (but it worked previously)

=IHF=isnipe

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Jul 2007 20:02 Profile

um i think i know what u guys are saying, is it linux or ubuntu linux that isnt supported by my ati xi600? help, can i make it work, cause a runs smooth except i cant run without my cursor freezin up.

Embedded Image

Ferocious

Recruit

Posted: 05 Jul 2007 04:32 Profile

Linux From Scratch, Ubuntu Very Happy Evil or Very Mad

kahuna113

Recruit

Posted: 09 Jul 2007 10:53 Profile

Alex Schenck wrote:

Now...my favorite...heh heh heh...my Beowulf cluster in my basement...the master node is a Dell PowerEdge 4300 with two Pentium III 450 MHz CPUs, 384 MB of RAM, internal RAID array, a 36 GB SCSI 10000 RPM hard drive, two 2.1 GB SCSI 10000 RPM hard drives (RAIDed), and (would you believe it??) a 2X AGP internal video card. There are 16 slave nodes, mainly with Pentium II and Pentium III 400 and 450 MHz CPUs and 128 MB of RAM. It benchmarks at 1.18 gigaflops (that's 1.18 billion floating point operations per second). Scyld Beowulf, 2.4.22-smp kernel.

Shocked That is crazy.

My favorite distros are Ubuntu and Gentoo.

meatpl0w

Recruit

Posted: 06 Sep 2007 12:06 Profile

real men use slackware

coluche

Recruit

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 15:23 Profile

Im using mandriva since nearly 3 years and im currently under Mandriva spring 2007 . This Linux's distrib is very wonderful , everything work fine under it . At the end of september new version coming out : Mandriva 2008 ^^ . ive stopped play AA some time cause too much [TOS Violation] and now i cant play again cause linux version of AA is no more supported . What a pity !

=FoxHunter=

Posted: 16 Sep 2007 16:55 Profile Netherlands

I used Gentoo a year or two ago. I liked the way of setting up everything yourself, but compiling takes too long for me and I don't want to waste CPU power to get that (little) extra efficiency.

After that I discovered Ubuntu and I really liked it. However, I have worked with Windows products for so many years that it is hard to just move to another Operating System. The point of an OS is to let you work with it and the products that are compiled for it. If Windows works better, faster and easier for me, then there's no point for me going to Linux, no matter how much I like the way some things are designed in it.

Two more reasons to not leave Windows is that I can get it very cheap (student discount) and that I have no problems with viruses, spyware, or whatsoever. It's usually the two reasons Linux users use when asking them why they moved to Linux.

Anyway, if I would go for a desktop system with Linux I would go for Ubuntu, if it would be a server I would go for Debian.

Your Distribution of Choice? 

« Previous Page        Page 17 of 18     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: