The Graphic Novel
» See more topics

Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Autokick High Ping 

Bulletman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 08:50 Profile

I believe America's Army should have an in-game autokick for high pingers. If a players ping is over 300 for about 1 minute into a live round, that player should be auto-kicked for high latency in a server.

Many players say that high ping in different players does not affect the server, but it does have an effect on you if you perhaps come across these serious laggers while gaming. They literally will make your screen choppy and seem like they're warping all over the place.

I'd like to see this feature enabled into the game, feel free to post your comments if you have any.

Of course now, would not be the proper time to have such a setting because of all the recently high server latency because an improper coding. But in the future.

NSL

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 09:50 Profile

they only seem like they're lagging...its all in your head! Or in your computer

putz

Recruit

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 10:12 Profile

Highpingers doesnt lag anyone else according to what the devs say, the problems are serverside, not clientside.

CylonRed

Sergeant Major

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 10:25 Profile

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...#808217

As [Dev]AceKilla mentions - the lag on the servers is being looked at and when it is fixed then the link posted above will hold true...

-=BDK=-GIGN^-

Sergeant Major

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 10:30 Profile

We've talked about this a lot already,

Most of the time the people who thought it did effect your ping were just your average gamer (no offense) and the ones who were explaining how others pings did not effect your ping in this game were mostly IT technicians, computer experts et cetera.

GIGN.

Bulletman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 12:10 Profile

I am very aware that alot of the latency that players experience is serverside and not clientside. However, have you ever came across an enemy that was lagging all over the place? They can get annoying.

One other thing, why is that everyone that has posted on this thread has posted with information that I am already aware. It would be a great feature to add into AA because many players will get kicked from servers because probably over 90% of users kick players for high pings. Have you all played lately? Go to a server, the high pingers get kicked.

Last edited by Bulletman on 14 Aug 2004 12:15; edited 1 time in total
TygerrTygerr

Sergeant

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 12:13 Profile

I started a vaguely active thread about this in the General Support section a few days ago, have a quick look at it http://forum.americasarmy.com/...t=67677. It isn't sticky though which is what I really was hoping for so I didn't have to argue with anyone again. But it's cool. lol.

If you think about what you said Bulletman, when a highpinged player walks in front of you yes he is choppy and all over the place, but you yourself are not. The lag problems with the servers are already getting sort of better, it will be fixed soon enough.

Bulletman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 12:24 Profile

Sure, I am not laggy but he is. Maybe if I try hard enough I can hit him..

I'd say if someone isn't able to download this game without taking 24 hours they have no reason playing the game online.

Old Un

Recruit

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 19:36 Profile

It is very hard to hit someone who has a lower ping as they are all over the place(moving and firing).
Lag on some servers can be bad but not affect the game play or your kills.

I like playing against high pings because it means easy kills.

Hey Bulletman, is the world flat or round?.

People who think world is flat also think ping causes server lag and that high pings have an advantage.

Bulletman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 19:53 Profile

Hey Old Un, do you always follow periods after your question marks?

You completely ignored my whole reasoning behind this idea. It is indeed annoying have users warping around and about 99% of the time high pingers will just get votekicked. So why have them in the server if some new player gets kicked because he doesn't realize his ping is bad and then he ends up quitting AA because he doesn't like the online community.

Eternal_Thompson_Gunner

Sergeant Major

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 20:33 Profile United States

Them warping around only effects them. They cannot kill you if they are, so you dont need to worry. They do not effect your ping or lag you though,

TW_Reaper

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Aug 2004 21:25 Profile

Let them play. In my experience, a 300+ pinger does not effect the whole server. It's the whole server itself, it's not the players...I've seen several 600 pingers on the same server and never had it lag once for me...Just leave the pingers alone.

NSL

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 01:27 Profile

If a player is warping around..its YOU thats lagging.on his side, he probably sees everything just fine. Make sure your computer isn't too outdated, or that you are playing on a server thats suitable to your needs.

FinalSoul

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 06:24 Profile

What about people like me who have 1000-1500 ping the whole game?

Eternal_Thompson_Gunner

Sergeant Major

Posted: 15 Aug 2004 08:48 Profile United States

FinalSoul wrote:

What about people like me who have 1000-1500 ping the whole game?

I'd have no problem with it. Its just the first few seconds that you effect as the server recognizes your ping. Then it calms down fine.

Autokick High Ping 

Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: