FAQ Support Issues
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Learning BASICS of AA3 

Vickey91

Recruit

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 11:28 Profile

Hi there,

I have a few questions to veteran players regarding Gameplay of AA3. My Goal is to become a decent player ASAP!

I played CSS for a loooong time (no public, only cw's), thus my aiming, reaction and teamplay (providing cover, communication skills etc.) are pretty well. What I have to learn for AA3 is weapon usage and tactical play.

Here are my questions:

WEAPONS
1. How do I fight with m4 in close quarter combat? Movin while shooting from the hip? Or crouched motionless with sights? Is there a rule of thumb?

2. Whats the difference between m4 and m16 besides firemode? When to use which?

TACTICS
1. What are the basic rules for TAKE AND HOLD to approach an offensive objective assigned to your fireteam? Get there ASAP? Or approach slowly from different directions?

2. Is there any use of pre-nades in the game? Like pre-nading choke points?

3. How do I get rid of the noobish glasses I'm wearing?!?

I'd ask only advanced/veteran players to answer please.

xxx vic

frankof

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 12:11 Profile Norway

WEAPONS
1. Firstly, theres no shooting from the hip in this game, you move around(walking) with the weapon in high ready.
That stance allows for relatively accurate reflex fire, moving is a good idea.

2. I use M4 almost exclusively, some claim that the M16 is a bit more accurate but i think that boils down to the fire modes.

TACTICS
1. Depends on the assigned objectives, there are normally 3, one close to each spawn, and one in "nomansland".
The one close to the own spawn location should be rushed ASAP, the other two can be taken anyway you chose, but dont repeat your self to much.

2. Its called spamnades in this game, and yes its useful, but its not really that popular, its looked at as a "cheap" tactic, and against somewhat experienced players it dont work that well.

3. I rarely see my own pawn, and they don't obstruct the view so i haven't bothered with it

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 12:11 Profile United Kingdom

A mentor would be able to help you out here, however things behind the scenes are pretty busy lately *cough*

But I'll help you with what I would do (84 honor) and lend you my limited knowledge Smile

Weapons

1: Depends how close, if your more or less face to face with the enmy then bringing up the aimpoint is asking for trouble. I'd safely say if there is a short distance between you and the target then of course the aimpoint is much more accurate because of bullet spread with the reticle.

2: The main difference is what you mentioned, the only other difference is the stableness of the weapons when firing, the M4 tends to spread bullets around on full auto, the M16 is much more controlled only bursting the 3 rounds. Some say the M16 is more powerful but I don't think so. With the m4 it helps to fire in short bursts, but the gun in general is pretty good once your used to it. Crouching with any of the guns will enhance your accuracy whether your scoped in or not, holding your breath (spacebar) helps lots with accuracy too.

Tactics

1: It's relatively safe to go to the objective closest to you when you spawn, however rushing to take any of the others is almost suicidal, unless you master the art of the "Rambo" Laughing After taking the first Objective carefully make your way to the next (whichever you feel best to) watching for enemies and if possible with some of your teammates/fireteam. Be AWARE when you get there as the enemy can see on the BFT that your taking it and will probably close on your position as fast as possible, always cover your back (teammates help a lot with this)

2: Pre-nading (aka spam nading) is quite common on certain maps and in certain spots, once you figure out the spots where your likely to run into them then simply adapt and go a different way... or hold back until it stops. Personally I hate it when I get killed by a spammed grenade! So I tend to not do it in the hope that i'll not recieve it... oh how wrong that notion is Laughing

3: Not entirely sure about this one, I believe your given them when you finish certain training missions however I can't seem to find any documentation on the exact reason your given them. Sorry but hey you dont have to see them, your perspective when playing shows no glasses Laughing

Edit - Ninja'd Laughing

Embedded Image

Vickey91

Recruit

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 12:46 Profile

Thx a lot guys!

One thing though, Frank says that "you move around(walking) with the weapon in high ready", while Bozy says "if your more or less face to face with the enmy then bringing up the aimpoint is asking for trouble", what assumes that u DONT walk around with the weapon in high ready ALL THE TIME... thus contradicts the previous post.

So shall i play the game always through my Aimpoint/Irons or not? If not, when do i aim from the hip? (except while running..)

xxx vic

EDIT: Funny how u both answered exactly at the same time. xDD

Sick_Ghost

Recruit

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 13:15 Profile Europe

Bringing the sights up in close quarter battle gets you killed most of the time just shoot from the ''hip'' in close quarter situations. Use your aimpoint on far targets. AND dont forget your medic job. Very Happy

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 13:19 Profile United States

'High ready' is basically the default "relaxed" position. Bringing up the aimpoint is something you can switch to. What Bozy was saying, is that it's not exactly very useful 'scoping' your enemy at close range if you have a habit of doing that (though you could anway). The reason for that, is that accuracy isn't a factor so up close and personal. It's a matter of personal preference, but with experience, you can learn and find these positions useful in certain situations. You'll probably start best by adapting your CSS experience somewhat. I personally make most of the same keybinds, for example, to do certain things, so that there is not so much of a learning curve when I play new games (games other than AA).

You don't ever actually aim from the hip (there's really no hipshooting programmed in game). It'll look almost like it from your perspective, but your position is 'high ready'. You can also bring your gun down (can be a tactical advantage), so that the gun aims at the ground.

BTW, BCGs are basically eye candy. don't worry about them. They're not going to affect your performance. No one will laugh at you anyway if you pwn them.

frankof

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 14:27 Profile Norway

Vickey91 wrote:

what assumes that u DONT walk around with the weapon in high ready ALL THE TIME

Yes, you walk around with the weapon in high ready, all the time, unless you sprint, deliberately put it down or get so close to an object that your weapon goes into weapon guard state.

You also have tactical mode, affects your movement speed and accuracy a little, movement speed is the same as with sights up.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 15:22 Profile Satellite Provider

Vickey91 wrote:

Hi there,

I have a few questions to veteran players regarding Gameplay of AA3. My Goal is to become a decent player ASAP!

I played CSS for a loooong time (no public, only cw's), thus my aiming, reaction and teamplay (providing cover, communication skills etc.) are pretty well. What I have to learn for AA3 is weapon usage and tactical play.

Here are my questions:

WEAPONS
1. How do I fight with m4 in close quarter combat? Movin while shooting from the hip? Or crouched motionless with sights? Is there a rule of thumb?

2. Whats the difference between m4 and m16 besides firemode? When to use which?

TACTICS
1. What are the basic rules for TAKE AND HOLD to approach an offensive objective assigned to your fireteam? Get there ASAP? Or approach slowly from different directions?

2. Is there any use of pre-nades in the game? Like pre-nading choke points?

I'd ask only advanced/veteran players to answer please.

xxx vic

here:
http://manual.americasarmy.com...in_Page
and here:
http://www.goarmy.com/careers-...er.html

all the rest is fiction based on personal toughs.

Embedded Image

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 15:58 Profile Norway

Vickey91 wrote:

Hi there,

xxx vic

Hi, hi.

hmm, I might nto be 100% sure, but I remember that people lost their glasses at the rank sergeant. which you get orange tactical glasses, I think that's honor 40.

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 19:16 Profile

i may sound like a wanka, but shoot E in the face, the armour we all wear takes 3 hits to break the armour plates, most people that run into high ranking players loose as the high rank opfor shoots at your face, while u waste precious time breaking through armour, or missing completely

other than that, with time and experience, you learn the currently limited maps, and you learn to "know" whats happening, and where its happening. with this "knowledge" you can counter more effectively - then you can turn into a Doba like machine

ps Spam nading is a hugely frustrating part of AA, i for one hate it, but it does have its place in the game dealing with rushers, impact is spam nade central, mainly South courtyard in particular

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 19:25 Profile

BTW - most "good" players i play with, mostly use m16, its far more accurate, due to longer barrel, and m4 tends to have far more recoil, due to trigger happiness

Learning BASICS of AA3 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: