Community Sites
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 5     
  Page Jump     

Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous 

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 16:44 Profile Norway

If i eat to much chesse I would die, but i don't think that has anything to do with it being dangerous....

Lich[001]

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 17:25 Profile

greeneyes wrote:

University of Phoenix is unaccredited. lawl.

next you will say foxnews is not biased and palin has been a war hero?
I'm just trying to understand your reasoning

Look at the degrees offered by the University of Phoenix in healthcare. Doctor of Nursing, Doctor of Healthcare Administration, various MS in Nursing, MS and BS in various administration fields for healthcare, RN to BS in Nursing, and AA in Administration.

So, basically, the University of Phoenix offers not a single degree in homeopathic medicine. In fact, the only information I could find regarding homeopathic medicine at the University of Phoenix is an option certificate in homeopathic medicine - which is not the same thing as an accredited transferable degree.

Homeopathy has absolutely no basis in medical science, and meta-analysis consistently finds there to be absolutely no evidence for the effectiveness of homeopathy. It's snake-oil, through and through. You are absolutely free to continue to believe in your pseudo-science in the same way you're free to take astrology seriously, or to take Alchemy seriously. You're also free to think the earth is flat.

That doesn't change the fact that the medical community by and large laughs homeopathic medicine and those who practice it out of their offices. Find me a single methodologically sound study that shows evidence of homeopathic medicine and I'll show you hundreds of studies that show it's bunk science.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Apr 2011 19:49 Profile Satellite Provider

the way you talk about i'm sure you do not know what is alchemy.
also i'm sure you do not know that many traditional medicines that you defend, in a stiffer way, have their origin in natural products, the same in that you do not believe.
alternative medicine can be credible or not, as everything and in this i agree, exists a broad exploitation of it by people with less scruples, however we can not generalize there are many forms of alternative medicine with high credibility and proven, others are not.
alternative medicine is not more widely accepted because of obstacles created by the chemical/pharmaceutical industry who do not want to lose their source of income, this subject to be understood would have to be debated in a much deeper and honest way and also we would need people with an education level that it were compatible with what is being discussed here.
this exchange of absurd arguments based solely on our personal convictions does not have anything positive because, in my opinion, far worse than the alternative medicine are the closed minds, those who are afraid of who do not know, as such they prefer to disguise their fear with [?]strong[/?] arguments

Embedded Image

Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 5     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: