Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
AA3 YouTube Videos
Open Letter
Updating PB Client
New Videos YouTube
» See more topics
  

    Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

 Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous 
 

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 12:39 Profile Bermuda


Please do not support the scammers that prey on dumb and desperate people.

This has been a public service announcement.

_____________________
Embedded Image

wrath_of_grunge

Private First Class
Posts: 169
Joined: 27 Dec 2002

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:15 Profile


there's only one type of 'alternative medicine' i partake of.

_____________________
Embedded Image

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:19 Profile Satellite Provider


Rombus wrote:

Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous


is not, dumb are the guys who do not know what is it.

_____________________

Embedded Image

wrath_of_grunge

Private First Class
Posts: 169
Joined: 27 Dec 2002

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:28 Profile


well really any form of alternative medicine that provides benefit to the consumer (and profits to the drug companies) ceases to be alternative medicine and becomes mainstream.

sometimes oopsies slip through. like phen-phen (i wonder how many of you are even old enough to remember that fiasco).

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:36 Profile Bermuda


I remember it. Wasn't the issue that it tended to cause heart trouble in some small percentage of patients? I mean, it was basically speed so there's no denying it worked.

Edit: Just looked it up. Caused a fair bit of hypertension apparently.

greeneyes wrote:

is not, dumb are the guys who do not know what is it.


Please enlighten us.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:42 Profile Satellite Provider


Rombus wrote:

I remember it. Wasn't the issue that it tended to cause heart trouble in some small percentage of patients? I mean, it was basically speed so there's no denying it worked.

Edit: Just looked it up. Caused a fair bit of hypertension apparently.

greeneyes wrote:

is not, dumb are the guys who do not know what is it.


Please enlighten us.



no, you enlighten us, why "Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous"?

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:48 Profile Bermuda


greeneyes wrote:

no, you enlighten us, why "Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous"?



Because if there was any evidence for its efficacy it wouldn't be "alternative."

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:50 Profile Satellite Provider


Rombus wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

no, you enlighten us, why "Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous"?



Because if there was any evidence for its efficacy it wouldn't be "alternative."



is that your argument for such statement?

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:54 Profile Bermuda


greeneyes wrote:

is that your argument for such statement?



Uh, yes? If procedures with no evidence for their efficacy are used over proven evidence-based medicine that poses a danger to the patient. 'Alternative' medicine is at best ineffective and and at worst potentially harmful or deadly.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:27 Profile Satellite Provider


ok, then this is my argument:

Alternative medicine assists modern medicine.

With an increase in population and pollution, people are gradually becoming prone to various kinds of diseases. Be it life-threatening diseases like AIDS or degenerative ailments like fatigue, our body miserably fails to perform as per our expectations. This is probably one of the many reasons as to why people are turning towards utilizing the benefits of alternative medicine at its fullest.

It has been witnessed more than often that antibiotics have repeatedly failed to solve the resurrection of some germs which do not react to conventional healing. The practitioners of alternative medicines vouch for their herbal treatment methods which have gained worldwide reputation in providing permanent cure to chronic ailments like arthritis and back pain.

In the recent times alternative medicine is scaling new heights in the world of health and hygiene. Increasing number of health care centers is embracing this form of treatment with great interest. The natural therapies that form the basis of alternative medicines are also considered to be safe and have negligible side effects. Alternative medicines also provide the patients extreme relief from the drugs present in the western form of treatments. It relaxes the mind and body and develops from within healthy muscles and strong bones.

The clinical efficacy and systematic approach of alternative medicines have successfully created positive outcomes throughout. Various educational institutes and rehabilitation centers have recognized the potential benefits of herbal treatments and acclaimed their worth by offering different educational programs. Likewise, the Chinese alternative medicines have proved their efficiency time and again in curing severe disorders like HIV and hepatitis. Also recognized as one of the best herbal treatments, it is known to provide ultimate relief since third century BC. The recent growth and development in the alternative medicine industry also stands testimony to the fact that people have got their ‘magic wand’ of relief from prolonged illness.

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:38 Profile Bermuda


greeneyes wrote:

ok, then this is my argument:


greeneyes wrote:

With an increase in population and pollution, people are gradually becoming prone to various kinds of diseases.


This is garbage.

greeneyes wrote:

Be it life-threatening diseases like AIDS


Hahaha! Pollution makes AIDS worse?

greeneyes wrote:

It has been witnessed more than often that antibiotics have repeatedly failed to solve the resurrection of some germs which do not react to conventional healing.


This doesn't even make sense in English. Did you translate this from another language?

greeneyes wrote:

The practitioners of alternative medicines vouch for their herbal treatment methods


Snake-oil salesman vouches for snake-oil! Now I'm totally convinced.

greeneyes wrote:

which have gained worldwide reputation in providing permanent cure to chronic ailments like arthritis and back pain.


More garbage. None of this is actually proven anywhere. Making the above claim in the US would get you sued by the FDA.

greeneyes wrote:

In the recent times alternative medicine is scaling new heights in the world of health and hygiene. Increasing number of health care centers is embracing this form of treatment with great interest. The natural therapies that form the basis of alternative medicines are also considered to be safe and have negligible side effects. Alternative medicines also provide the patients extreme relief from the drugs present in the western form of treatments.


More garbage. Lots of words that mean nothing. "Natural therapies" have no side effects? That's probably because they have no effects either.

greeneyes wrote:

It relaxes the mind and body and develops from within healthy muscles and strong bones.


So it's milk?

greeneyes wrote:

The clinical efficacy and systematic approach of alternative medicines have successfully created positive outcomes throughout.


Again nope. No clinical trials referenced at all. Just more big words that don't fit the context. It sounds like a child went nuts with a thesaurus here.

greeneyes wrote:

Likewise, the Chinese alternative medicines have proved their efficiency time and again in curing severe disorders like HIV and hepatitis.


If you can prove this there's a Nobel Prize in it for you. But you can't because it is a giant lie and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting it.

greeneyes wrote:

Also recognized as one of the best herbal treatments, it is known to provide ultimate relief since third century BC.


Ultimate Relief was M Bison's special attack from Street Fighter II.

greeneyes wrote:

The recent growth and development in the alternative medicine industry also stands testimony to the fact that people have got their ‘magic wand’ of relief from prolonged illness.


You'd be better off waving a magic wand, at least that won't accidentally poison you.

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:41 Profile Satellite Provider


Rombus,

you won.

Rombus

Recruit
Posts: 0
Joined: 25 Mar 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:41 Profile Bermuda


Also noting that this wasn't your argument. It was some garbage you found on a blog with no source given.

greeneyes wrote:

Rombus,

you won.



The outcome was never in doubt, only the duration.

Lich[001]

Sergeant
Posts: 421
Joined: 17 Feb 2004

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:43 Profile


tl;dr for those who don't want to read this thread.

Rombus: "Alternative Medicine" is snake oil with no scientific backing whatsoever. It's dangerous because conmen convince sick people to avoid the medicine that would help them and instead use what amounts to a placebo.

Greeneyes: NU! ALTENRATIVE MADICINES IS TEH BOMB! Look, this website that sells alternative medicines and has absolutely no citations, no clinical trials, and no empirical data whatsoever says so!

Rombus: You're dumb and your website is dumb. Science and empirical data prove this.

Greeneyes: Awman Sad

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:53 Profile Satellite Provider


Lich[001] wrote:

Greeneyes: NU! ALTENRATIVE MADICINES IS TEH BOMB! Look, this website that sells alternative medicines and has absolutely no citations, no clinical trials, and no empirical data whatsoever says so!



Chinese medicine combines herbal treatments, different therapies like acupuncture and takes advantage of ideas that would be consider self-healing, such as the balance of the five elements.

Chinese medicine is proven, no point in discuss it here with people who probably believe the Earth is flat and god is his father
i have better things do to.


 Alternative Medicine is Dumb and Dangerous 
 

    Page 1 of 5     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

  

Jump to: