AA3 Known Issues
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Inducing movement lag? 

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 08:18 Profile United States

I can level with you on that, but then again I have to reinstate that I need to be able to choose whether or not my character is strong or weak and the inertia needs to be adjusted for my character's size. If we are going to be real we have to be completely real. Not all soldiers will experience the same inertia.

Embedded Image

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 08:45 Profile Canada

Fingergrass wrote:

dgodfather wrote:

If you want to get better you put in your time and learn the game, not change it.

This suggestion thread is not about us becoming better at the game, but the game becoming better for us. I personally think the change I'm proposing will add realism by forcing people even more to work as a team.

So basically make the game easier because people like yourself are unable to become good at it unless made easy enough for you that sounds and makes you look like a really bad gamer and maybe you should play some pacman or mario bros or something maybe that will be more around your speed....

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

AvgWhiteGuy

Recruit

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 08:51 Profile China

Fingergrass wrote:

dgodfather wrote:

If you want to get better you put in your time and learn the game, not change it.

This suggestion thread is not about us becoming better at the game, but the game becoming better for us. I personally think the change I'm proposing will add realism by forcing people even more to work as a team.

Whereas I'm all for making this game better and I don't want to go back to the "run & gun Rambo" crap of COD and the rest, this game is a significantly different concept.

We players endure enough lag as it is (not complaining here, just hope it gets sorted).

And exactly how does the introduction of this 'swing lag' "force people to work more as a team" ? You're talking grapefruit and grenades.

That's just my opinion Smile

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 12:13 Profile Satellite Provider

AvgWhiteGuy wrote:

We players endure enough lag as it is (not complaining here, just hope it gets sorted).

And exactly how does the introduction of this 'swing lag' "force people to work more as a team" ? You're talking grapefruit and grenades.

It would make it harder for people to run'n gun with the SAW and M16, and will therefore emphasize teamwork. Also the movement lag and inertia effects wouldn't be activated inside the 90 degrees cone which is determined by the heading of your lower body, which in turn is determined by the direction where you're moving and will be "centered" back when you're sitting still for more than X seconds.

Embedded Image

xan1965

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 13:04 Profile Brazil

So, can't we work as a team, running?

If you have only five maps with 3 missions each, playing since the release, more than 5 or 6 hours by day, every day, Don't you'll be faster when you are running between that corridors and hills or rooms???

Sorry, but in my humble opinion we need improves for this game, not obstacles to make it a "slower" paradise.

You can try every servers and pings, but when more than 12 players join the server gameplay is affected deeply, what I am saying is, any servers or any pings, if the number of players exceeds 12 you have to adapt your shot. With 20 players, you will be playing in the moon and 26 players, forget about the gameplay, teamwork and anything else. Spray and pray.

And the famous lag rounds, that happens with a exact gap?

Sorry fellas but we are bringing our concerns to here day by day, nobody offer one logical answer and in the last weeks, no answers or care.

We are always the same ppl bringing our feelings, our support, joining competitions, trying to make our game great, but im very sad with the treatment that we are receiving.

Some of us represent dozens of players from our clans, our countries and communities and we need to present answers for them too. I am always telling to them: Is coming soon!!! Our Devs are working hard, don't worry... We will have great news...

Well, only wanna ask you one thing, don't fight between yourselves, every player here have your game type and we need to respect it. We can't lose our union, we, the gamers, because if we give up, this game will be dead.

Like wonkss, one of the best players that I know here, said, you have time and situations inside the match to apply your skills, camping, if you need, running if you wan't, hearing, working as a team, reporting the situations, etc.

The most important subject here is to make our AA3 better and help it with our experience "in game".

I believe someone is reading this and thinking about our petitions.

Really sorry for my poor English and many words, see you all on battefield, in there, we are the guys who really make the difference.

Thx

RAV3N

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 15:43 Profile Satellite Provider

xan1965 wrote:

Well, only wanna ask you one thing, don't fight between yourselves, every player here have your game type and we need to respect it.

incorrect. AA3 has a game type and players merely adapt, due to current game type players adapted themselves to run&gun&dance.

xan1965 wrote:

We can't lose our union, we, the gamers, because if we give up, this game will be dead.

this i would agree.

Embedded Image

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 17:06 Profile United Kingdom

I watch a lot of AA3 related videos on YouTube, on some vids I witness people rushing around, on others I see people sitting in a spot waiting for people to pass by. One video may be of a person showcasing their frags, on others you have someone showing how to operate as a team.

What I'm saying is, AA3 caters for a lot of styles of play dependant on the scenario, nature of player and I honestly can't see how this is a bad thing, If everyone camped a spot, who would win? If everyone rushed into battle then a round would only last mere seconds.

Ultimately, learning to know when a certain way of playing needs to be adopted is key.... be it a full frontal assault running in all guns blazing, sitting back guarding the objective with only 1 magazine left, moving as a part of your team, or of course.... sadly but bravely taking one for the team. I'm pretty sure even the absolute best AA3 players will tell you, strafe dancing, and acting like Rambo simply won't work all of the time.... particularly when the victims themselves begin to learn a persons play patterns.

How many people see rushing occurring on Bridge? ..... Differing scenarios bring different tactics, players just simply learned how to play a map to it's strengths and avoid any weaknesses, that's what makes them a good player.

Most, if not all FPS games are like this. AA3 for obvious reasons aims to highlight the benefit of working as a team and if practised in game, is hugely successful.... however like any FPS there will always be players out to frag anything and everything in their sight and the simple fact is that no amount of tweaking/changing already developed functions will stop it from happening Laughing

Embedded Image

xan1965

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 17:38 Profile Brazil

So sorry my friend but you can't say how the others will play. If you have one style and dont wanna others playing different, block your servers to them and be happy, but nobody will say me how I must to play.

I can see you wan't enforce one idea here but the reality on the servers and competitions is completelly different.

Bozy said the right thing here:

"How many people see rushing occurring on Bridge? ..... Differing scenarios bring different tactics, players just simply learned how to play a map to it's strengths and avoid any weaknesses, that's what makes them a good player. "

Agreed 100%

RAV3N

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 17:42 Profile United States

Bozy you said it all!

JoseyWales

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 17:57 Profile United States

Thought i'd add... a certain bot already adapts to this lag affect you are asking for. This will do nothing to slow down the hackbots. Also, something similar has been done in many games, the first of which was Quake3 by adding a couple hundredths of a millsecond between key strokes and when the projectile actually leaves the player. Again it didn't take long for pros and hackbots to adapt.

The game already combats run & gun by only affording you one life per round. I've been playing since launch and I can already see many players who did very poorly are now learning fast and adapting. You just need to put your time in like some of the other guys have stated. I have even changed my tactics quite a bit since launch. Sometimes I sit, sometimes I prone, sometimes I run around. When I am vip for example I run and do not shoot at all unless I am spotted.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:05 Profile United States

dgodfather wrote:

Did I hit a sore spot?

I was making a joke, but I hope you see my point.

These are good suggestions. However, we can't forget what offered us this game, and what role it plays for the people that made it. That being said, Bozy mentioned people have different play styles. I started seeing this with the "younger" players. Or at least I am just basing this on my own experience that there's more and more of that everyday. It does slightly bother me, not that it crams my style. It's really because of the environment I'm in and what I expect.

The old days were pretty close to the real thing, but on the other hand, now it's really shifting to a new generation, I think. I'm not sure if it's the way they made the game requirements specifically to do that (or it's a coincidence), but it does come with the fact that people equipped with the right settings, are often hardcore "gamers", rather than just the average joe. I can't comment on whether this affects recruiting expectations, but it seems likely. IMO, there is a probability that's what would occur.

Having said that, I'm wondering, environment-wise, what should be expected for AA3? Is it supposed to keep doing its thing, being tailored to people who still love their K/D, or could it have more depth to satisfy the audience's curiosity about the Army service? So, we'll say people have different styles (and I'm not saying one is wrong or the other), could it be just a little too much individual preference, and not enough influence on how it's done Army-style; that is to say players could learn, what would the Army do?

I know I may be reading a little too deep on the subject, that it's almost offtopic here, but I think there are bigger questions to be answered before one can handle these situations. If we're going to be making game suggestions, we can at least consider how it affects the gameplay. Just thought it would be worth thinking about.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:35 Profile Satellite Provider

alright, for you guys the opposite of run&gun&dance is camping.
i disagree.
speaking in a gamer language the rusher is some one who rush, obvious. the camper is someone who camp, obvious. this applies to all fps.

now speaking of AA3 and in my opinion the opposite of run&gun&dance game style is tactical game style.
tactical game is a style that practically nobody uses it because the game leads to precisely the opposite, sorrowfully.

i play it anyway, and i have no problem adapting to that game play style, I'm just expressing my opinion on what i think it should be in order to represent in a more precise manner the Army Combat "Style".

thats why Mentor Program should be re-opened, new players need to be trained, or else the chaos will arrive.

Last edited by greeneyes on 28 Mar 2011 18:40; edited 2 times in total
=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:38 Profile

i expect or want aa3 to get BETTER

I want more maps, to suit a variety of game styles (ie big outdoors maps, and also little impact style maps,

i want a greater variety of guns

i want less lag, (and the lag related glitches)

i want servers not to fall apart with more than 15 players

i want no forum trolls - the main two offenders know who they are

i want the Dev's to keep THE PLAYING COMMUNITY (CUSTOMERS) informed with better feedback and hints of whats to come, your PR and Feedback isn't very good, or good at all. You need to look at your "we can't tell anything policy" its wrong, unhelpful, and pointless, im sure BF3 and other future big investment games arn't going to be trolling AA3 forums to get ideas to steal

i want better statistics, i would like to play for a bit, then go online and see how i've done. AA0tracker was great (if i remember right) i want to play for say an hour, then go to a website and see for example a breakdown of kills, deaths, meds, objs, etc. for THAT hour, not just alltime points like off official site, the info im sure is there, but not shown well,

i want to never ever read another dum forum debating either "sniper vs DMR"

i want an ADMIN PANAL

i want the game to run well without even thinking of changing files like ini's (which ive never touched, but have read guides on this forum explaining what to change to make the game play well.)(hard to believe i read an official forum regarding changing ini's)

i want a ingame tool to tell me when my mates are on, and where (even though on only play on one server 95% of the time due to location.

i want no cheats (this one i'm obviously dreaming about)

i don't want to need a $5000 set up to play the game well either

i want the DEVS to make AA3 live up to its potential, with the magic of AA and AA2 which had millions of fans worldwide, combined with this new engine, which looks Great.

not to much to ask surely ?

yours fragfully General

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:42 Profile

Greeneyes

the best players are the guys who can do it all,

they
- can spam nade, on a dime, where ever,
- rush about rambo styles and pwn everything. (hate the AR rushes)
- can camp when needed,
- can 320 on all maps scope down
- can play well with others, not just clanmates, but can direct and support ANY teammate in most situations
- They MED YOU.
- They REPORT E
- They play that well people RAGEQUIT Smile

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 18:55 Profile Satellite Provider

=BFM=generalmalaise wrote:

Greeneyes

the best players are the guys who can do it all,

they
- can spam nade, on a dime, where ever,
- rush about rambo styles and pwn everything. (hate the AR rushes)
- can camp when needed,
- can 320 on all maps scope down
- can play well with others, not just clanmates, but can direct and support ANY teammate in most situations
- They MED YOU.
- They REPORT E
- They play that well people RAGEQUIT Smile
- They can play without sound.
- They can play with eyes closed.
- Because their keen nose is everything they need.

fixed. lawl.

Inducing movement lag? 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: