» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Take that Taliban !! 

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 00:51 Profile United Kingdom

greeneyes wrote:

all Soldiers are heroes, especially those who gave their lives.
situations like this happen regularly during the war, just are not reported by the media.
so i consider news like this as nothing more than pure propaganda.
this topic is a FAIL, even more for the title.

Son , i'm a former Soldier who now ( at the age of 55 ) is a bus driver Cool

All the world witnessed the 9/11 act of terrorism , and i personally witnessed the 7/7 acts in London as i was there at the time Cool

Osama Bin Laden is part of the Taliban and is being protected by them Cool

If you don't believe that this war against terrorism is just , then you and the rest of them who agree with you must have spent a great deal of your lives hiding with your heads under a blanket Cool

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE Evil or Very Mad

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 01:32 Profile Sierra Leone

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

all Soldiers are heroes, especially those who gave their lives.
situations like this happen regularly during the war, just are not reported by the media.
so i consider news like this as nothing more than pure propaganda.
this topic is a FAIL, even more for the title.

Son , i'm a former Soldier who now ( at the age of 55 ) is a bus driver Cool

All the world witnessed the 9/11 act of terrorism , and i personally witnessed the 7/7 acts in London as i was there at the time Cool

If you don't believe that this war against terrorism is just , then you and the rest of them who agree with you must have spent a great deal of your lives hiding with your heads under a blanket Cool

I don't see why you would use sunglasses smiley after saying you saw the 7/7 terrorist attacks in London.

Quote:

Really?

yes.

well not really offered as much as to try him.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 07:40 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Fighting fire with fire ain't gonna extinguish anything, coffee man.
Also most of us are here for the game not because of politics, you bigot.

Embedded Image

IronWarrior

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 09:53 Profile United Kingdom

Please stay on topic.

Apple2005

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 10:26 Profile

Knock0 wrote:

+3ngli$h+ wrote:

Actually the taliban are quite respected for their courage also....those guys have got balls pitting theirselves against the world powers....
Afghanistan is not our land and neither is iraq,i see taliban as freedom fighters..obviously...its their country.
(although their politics concerning women etc go abit too far for my liking)......However.....i see osama and his cronies as criminals and nothing but criminals,this is the way it should have been dealt with in the first place after the 911 attacks and we wouldnt have so much war mongering in the world as we do right now....hunt them down and kill them that do these acts....its much easier than virtually causing world war 3 about it,look at all the blood that has been shed on both sides since this crap started.

Omar should of gave up Osama, we knew he was there, Omar got pressure from the US, Pakistan (talibans backer since it was created) and Saudi Arabia, another big taliban backer when they were created.

Omar said no, its against Pastun honor code to give up a guest to be tried and executed, the US said get him or we will get him, he said no, we went to go get him........the diplomatic way was tried.

You should read a book called Ghost Wars, the history of the CIA in afghanisan since Russia invaded it...

THe taliban is not revered all over the country, just in the south, were there are ethnic pastuns who the Taliban are, the rest of the country hated them, half the country wasnt even under taliban control 9/10/2001, and the parts that were under there control started seeing flareups of violence and revolt under the taliban strict control.

Many pashtun village elders who at 1st loved the taliban, later had issues with them, got together started having meetings on how and when to make a revolt, these elders also were meeting with ethnic tajiks in the north, under the command of Massoud, who was assassinated 9/10/2001, by Osama.....Also the present president Karzai his father was killed by the taliban for speaking out against them when they took control of pastun areas in Afghanistan.....

What the Taliban does bring, which Karzai cant bring, is a gov with very little corruption, Karzai is a mess, and that government we setup is not going anywhere till he is out of office

Never let the facts get in the way of a good yarn eh?

I think you'll find the taliban responded to americas request for Osama bin laden. Do you know what they really said? :-

'formally present extradition proceedings with EVIDENCE and we will send you Osama'

But America refused to mount official extradition proceedings and America refused to provide any evidence.

Therefore the taliban had no legal obligations whatsoever to hand him over. Afterall would america hand over GW Bush for his war crimes to the people of iraq with no evidence or even extradition proceedings? Of course not.

So America invaded as it had no evidence, and still doesn't. It was specfically for this reason that the Afghan war was a war of agression and totally unjustified.

Knock0

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 23:41 Profile United States

Taliban refused to give him up after he bombed the African embassies, Clintons administration asked them for him to be kicked out, the refused, they said he is no threat to the US.....EVEN after bin laden was linked the to african embassy bombings they still refused, Even Bin Laden openly admitted it, they still refused, what more evidence do you need then to have the killer in a murder case be linked to the crime, then openly say i killed the person.

After 9/11 The Taliban refused to give him up...after the bombings started in Ocotber of that year they offered to give him up...They asked to halt the bombings immediately show us the evidence we will hand him over..but by that time, Bin Laden has fled, and there was no body in hand to be handed over as soon as the evidence was shown..

That ran into to stopping the bombing, let the taliban regroup, let them get there stuff together, and after Bin laden could not be handed over, you now start your bombing campaign again with all your momentum lost and put your troops at a greater risk at a fortified enemy.,,,,Thats the scenario you run into, if you halt your momentum,,

IF the Taliban said, Heres the picture heres the video, we have him in custody hes not getting away, show me the evidence i will let him go into your hands...It would of be sealed, but thats not the facts of what happened, and the facts on the situation when this occured.

Those are the facts, go read up on the issue, Meaning go read some books with page upon page of refrence material on intelligence briefings and transcripts between the US, Taliban, Pakistani ISI, Saudis Secret Service, Embassy briefings etc by a writer or collection of writers who have the ability to not be so partisan on what they right.......Not Huffington Post, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC articles

Quote:

Therefore the taliban had no legal obligations whatsoever to hand him over. Afterall would america hand over GW Bush for his war crimes to the people of iraq with no evidence or even extradition proceedings? Of course not.

Again, why didnt they hand him over after he openly admitted to the Embassy bombings? the US asked them, They refused on the basis its un-islamic, and hes really no threat to the US..hes also funding us with millions so why mess up a good thing?

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 01:15 Profile Sierra Leone

the taliban actually did offer bin laden before the bombing campaign.

Apple2005

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 04:31 Profile

Knock0

I think i need to repeat myself.

America did NOT mount official extradition proceedings and refused to show the taliban evidence they had against him.

ERGO they had no legal obligation to hand him over. American contempt for a soveriegn country is what caused the war. As i said would america hand over GW Bush for war crimes without even official extradition proceedings? So why should the taliban?

Lets be honest America would refuse to hand over GW Bush even with offical extradition proceedings and evidence made available.

So for America to expect a soveriegn state to hand over one of its citizens without even the most basic of international standards of negotiation is incredibly arrogant and stupid.

What Osama allegedly admitted to is irrelevant, standard practises were not carried out and no evidence was presented.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 08:12 Profile Satellite Provider

Hey Apple2005, maybe Osama was nothing but a scapegoat to justify a war for Afghanistan's resources? A buddy of mine told me some years ago, "Osama's long dead". That or protected by those who are said to seek him.

I could be wrong, just a nutty conspiracy theorist.

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 17:05 Profile United States

Fingergrass wrote:

1) Your hero is the invader and the Taliban are the patriots dying for their land.
2) This thread doesn't belong in this subforum.

hmm, so you must be boycotting Border, Urban Assault and Insurgent Camp since the players feature US Marines killing Taliban guys, right? I acknowledge that going to the Mid East was a bad idea, but that is no reason to take their side. You're not American, right?

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 17:13 Profile Sierra Leone

ROUGHRIDER13 wrote:

Fingergrass wrote:

1) Your hero is the invader and the Taliban are the patriots dying for their land.
2) This thread doesn't belong in this subforum.

hmm, so you must be boycotting Border, Urban Assault and Insurgent Camp since the players feature US Marines killing Taliban guys, right? I acknowledge that going to the Mid East was a bad idea, but that is no reason to take their side. You're not American, right?

he's from satellite provider.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 17:51 Profile United Kingdom

He's probably Bin Ladens tea boy Cheesy Grin

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 18:00 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

this topic is about a hero or about bin laden?
this topic, is now officially considered double FAIL.

Embedded Image

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 19:57 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

this topic is about a hero or about bin laden?
this topic, is now officially considered double FAIL.

It started going off track ever since someone said that they openly support (ok, that's kind of harsh) a 'wrong cause' on a forum for a project started by the US Army to help increase recruitment. I don't think that's helping the US Army here.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 03:02 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Take off your sunglasses and open your eyes coffee man, there's shades of gray everywhere.
If you don't understand what I'm saying, no problem this post wasn't meant for your level anyway.

Take that Taliban !! 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: