=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 03:38 Profile United Kingdom

This is what true courage is all about Cool

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/arti...6675898

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:17 Profile Satellite Provider

1) Your hero is the invader and the Taliban are the patriots dying for their land.
2) This thread doesn't belong in this subforum.

Embedded Image

frankof

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:33 Profile Norway

Not really game related, R&R seems to be a better location.

+3ngli$h+

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:41 Profile

Actually the taliban are quite respected for their courage also....those guys have got balls pitting theirselves against the world powers....
Afghanistan is not our land and neither is iraq,i see taliban as freedom fighters..obviously...its their country.
(although their politics concerning women etc go abit too far for my liking)......However.....i see osama and his cronies as criminals and nothing but criminals,this is the way it should have been dealt with in the first place after the 911 attacks and we wouldnt have so much war mongering in the world as we do right now....hunt them down and kill them that do these acts....its much easier than virtually causing world war 3 about it,look at all the blood that has been shed on both sides since this crap started.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:58 Profile Satellite Provider

I didn't research the internets, but it could be that Afghanistan was also invaded for resources.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n...07.html

Knock0

Private First Class

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 12:17 Profile United States

+3ngli$h+ wrote:

Actually the taliban are quite respected for their courage also....those guys have got balls pitting theirselves against the world powers....
Afghanistan is not our land and neither is iraq,i see taliban as freedom fighters..obviously...its their country.
(although their politics concerning women etc go abit too far for my liking)......However.....i see osama and his cronies as criminals and nothing but criminals,this is the way it should have been dealt with in the first place after the 911 attacks and we wouldnt have so much war mongering in the world as we do right now....hunt them down and kill them that do these acts....its much easier than virtually causing world war 3 about it,look at all the blood that has been shed on both sides since this crap started.

Omar should of gave up Osama, we knew he was there, Omar got pressure from the US, Pakistan (talibans backer since it was created) and Saudi Arabia, another big taliban backer when they were created.

Omar said no, its against Pastun honor code to give up a guest to be tried and executed, the US said get him or we will get him, he said no, we went to go get him........the diplomatic way was tried.

You should read a book called Ghost Wars, the history of the CIA in afghanisan since Russia invaded it...

THe taliban is not revered all over the country, just in the south, were there are ethnic pastuns who the Taliban are, the rest of the country hated them, half the country wasnt even under taliban control 9/10/2001, and the parts that were under there control started seeing flareups of violence and revolt under the taliban strict control.

Many pashtun village elders who at 1st loved the taliban, later had issues with them, got together started having meetings on how and when to make a revolt, these elders also were meeting with ethnic tajiks in the north, under the command of Massoud, who was assassinated 9/10/2001, by Osama.....Also the present president Karzai his father was killed by the taliban for speaking out against them when they took control of pastun areas in Afghanistan.....

What the Taliban does bring, which Karzai cant bring, is a gov with very little corruption, Karzai is a mess, and that government we setup is not going anywhere till he is out of office

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 13:25 Profile Sierra Leone

after 9/11, osama was offered to the us if the us had sufficient evidence to show he was behind the attacks.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 14:59 Profile United Kingdom

Well i posted this as an example of a Soldiers courage against overwhelming odds Cool

But the replies are beyond belief Confused

Anyone who doesn't support our troops or tries to defend the Taliban , should NOT be playing AA2 or AA3 Evil or Very Mad

If i were in charge of this game , i would close your accounts and ban you from the game for good Evil or Very Mad

IronWarrior

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 15:56 Profile United Kingdom

Personally I think he should had got the VC for his actions.

But what the story doesn't explain is where was the other soldiers?

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 16:25 Profile United States

IronWarrior wrote:

Personally I think he should had got the VC for his actions.

But what the story doesn't explain is where was the other soldiers?

That's what I was wondering about. It mentioned something about saving 4 other soldiers though. Didn't really know what it was talking about

smolti12

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 16:52 Profile United States

http://www.army.mod.uk/gurkhas...ry.aspx
kind of neat to read the history of the gurkhas

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 18:16 Profile Satellite Provider

all Soldiers are heroes, especially those who gave their lives.
situations like this happen regularly during the war, just are not reported by the media.
so i consider news like this as nothing more than pure propaganda.
this topic is a FAIL, even more for the title.

Embedded Image

Octavius_Generalista

Private

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 19:13 Profile United States

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Well i posted this as an example of a Soldiers courage against overwhelming odds Cool

Anyone who doesn't support our troops or tries to defend the Taliban , should NOT be playing AA2 or AA3 Evil or Very Mad

If i were in charge of this game , i would close your accounts and ban you from the game for good Evil or Very Mad

lol, banning for being an [TOS Violation]? That would really have a devastating effect on these forums!

+3ngli$h+

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 21:18 Profile

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Excuse me....i support my countries soldiers....i dont support a phoney war that wont get anywhere... except more grief

Knock0

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 00:15 Profile United States

+3ngli$h+ wrote:

=NOLB=Driver56 wrote:

Excuse me....i support my countries soldiers....i dont support a phoney war that wont get anywhere... except more grief

I remember the days when the world used to say that this was the war with a cause and a reason, Our current president used to preach that...

On Topic, Driver that is a truly amazing story you posted there, that guy had a lot of luck on his side lol

Quote:

after 9/11, osama was offered to the us if the us had sufficient evidence to show he was behind the attacks.

They knew he was behind the African embassy bombings, and they took him in after Sudan who kicked him out with the hope of getting taken off the list of nations who support Terrorist activities.., and the US still under clintons state department asked the newly formed taliban government before 9/11 if they could give him up, and they gave Clintons state department the same excuse about honor code etc....even after Osama himself admitted it to the world.,,

Last edited by Knock0 on 28 Mar 2011 23:42; edited 2 times in total

Take that Taliban !! 

Page 1 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: