» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Microphone will not work 

rc0392

Recruit

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 15:05 Profile

PLATFORM:AA3

PROBLEM:
I played back in October and my microphone worked fine. I stopped playing before the most recent patch was released and just started again a few days ago. My microphone will not work in the game. It works in skype and any other program on my computer I have tried. I have checked the AA settings and it still does not work.

Two days ago I tried the "Test Microphone" button (again) and I heard it work for about second before cutting out. Since then I have tried restarting the game, restarting the computer, and reinstalling AA3.

I am almost positive it is a glitch with the most recent patch, unless there is some obscure setting I have missed.

Map: All
Weapon/Loadout: All

System Brand: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium x64
CPU Model: Intel Core i5 M450
CPU Speed: 2.40 GHz
System Memory: 4 GB
Graphics Chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Graphics Card Memory: 1 GB
Sound Card: ATI High Definition Audio Device? (not sure where to find this one)
Internet Connection: Broadband through my university.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 16:00 Profile United Kingdom

Are you using the Mic fixed on the laptop or an external mic? eg. a headset mic

Since you last played there has been a change in the way AA3 deals with Audio settings, giving you a choice to set your own parameters

Quote:

Version 3.0.8.1 - Misc Fixes

Teamspeak 3 will now let you select an input device via the in-game UI and the game validates the list of available devices displayed in the settings menu to make sure they will work with TS3 before letting you select the device (meaning if a device isn't listed in the settings menu it didn't pass the TS3 device validation). Changes were also made to allow "on the fly" device changes so you can test various devices either while using the "test voice" button in the settings or while attached to a server. TS3 will also validate the device specified in the configuration file and if it is found to be invalid will revert to the system default device.

Could be somehow related

Embedded Image

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 16:04 Profile United Kingdom

I have experienced a similar problem m8 Cool

The way around it is - Everytime you launch AA3 go to Settings , Audio , Configure Voice Cool

Then choose Vox ( voice activated ) setting and press accept Cool

Then choose Push to Talk and press accept Cool

You can now do the mic test and all should be fine Very Happy

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 16:13 Profile United Kingdom

Bozy wrote:

Are you using the Mic fixed on the laptop or an external mic? eg. a headset mic

Since you last played there has been a change in the way AA3 deals with Audio settings, giving you a choice to set your own parameters

Quote:

Version 3.0.8.1 - Misc Fixes

Teamspeak 3 will now let you select an input device via the in-game UI and the game validates the list of available devices displayed in the settings menu to make sure they will work with TS3 before letting you select the device (meaning if a device isn't listed in the settings menu it didn't pass the TS3 device validation). Changes were also made to allow "on the fly" device changes so you can test various devices either while using the "test voice" button in the settings or while attached to a server. TS3 will also validate the device specified in the configuration file and if it is found to be invalid will revert to the system default device.

Could be somehow related

Hi Bozy m8 Very Happy

Since the last patch m8 i have had to do the above workaround all the time Confused

For some reason it also has a knock on effect and stops my clan TS3 working as well Confused

The same problem has affected at least one other of my clan mates as well Confused

I have to launch AA3 and do the above and then minimise and then launch TS3 teamspeak , then redo the settings in teamspeak before connecting Cool

Once i have connected to teamspeak i can then bring AA3 back up and connect to multiplayer and play Cool

Last edited by =NOLB=Driver56 on 26 Mar 2011 16:31; edited 1 time in total
Bozy

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 16:27 Profile United Kingdom

Thanks for the report and workaround Driver Smile

(Nice to see someone who likes to use smilies as much as myself, I am no longer alone with the disease Laughing )

Requesting topic to be moved to bugs section for further analysis.

rc0392

Recruit

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 17:08 Profile

Driver
Thanks for the fix. It works partially now. What I mean by that is that the options "External Mic (IDT High Definition Audio)" and "Default Voice Capture Device" do not work. The option "Integrated Microphone Array (IDT High Definition Audio)" does work after your fix. When I use programs like skype and other voip, both the external and integrated options work. (External is my headset mic, 1/8" audio jack; Integrated is the mic that is integrated with the webcam, etc. that comes with most new laptops)

Microphone will not work 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: