Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
Server Admin Info
AA3 & NASCAR
Common Solutions
AA3.0.6 Update
» See more topics
  

    Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

 Game balancing vs realistic 
 

dgodfather

Private First Class
Posts: 205
Joined: 04 Apr 2008

      Posted: 22 Mar 2011 14:35 Profile United States


It appears that the guns in the game are some what balanced such that they do not fire as though they would in real life. I mean the barrel is X inches long and the speed at which the bullet comes out of the gun wouldn't allow it to scatter as much as it does in the game (namely the saw, but all other guns as well). If the way the bullets spread has to do with recoil, then shouldn't we have more animation of the character jarring around (shaky screen or character) from the recoil of the gun and not the large scatter of bullets with what appears to be little recoil?

With the way that the fire from the guns currently act, it's as though this has something to do with balancing the game such that one gun isn't more powerful than all the rest.

I know that the current bugs and issues with rubber bullets, lag, collusion and hit detection have some effect as well so it's somewhat hard to tell the purpose of the design for these game mechanics.

Thoughts?

_____________________
Embedded Image
Can YOU handle the frag?

Embedded Image

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 584
Joined: 31 Jul 2003

      Posted: 22 Mar 2011 16:53 Profile Canada


I personally think it looks almost as funny as the guys walk with the gun staying straight and level and the bullets coming out of the barrel at all angles.All the guns i have shot in the past the gun moves but bullets come out of the barrel straight not gun is level and bullets come out of the barrel and go up down left right....

_____________________
Embedded Image

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

JoseyWales

Private First Class
Posts: 106
Joined: 10 Dec 2009

      Posted: 24 Mar 2011 09:37 Profile United States


I'd like to see the screen shake a little when firing the saw, but when prone your steady as a rock.

I'd also like to see my face light up with an insidious evil glow when I put the hammer down on my saw. and I still need a sarge hat.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 617
Joined: 27 May 2009

      Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:57 Profile Norway


what i would want is a bipod to the SAW . not having one is [TOS Violation].

_____________________
Accolo usque ab beo
I say Yal Yal

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:25 Profile Satellite Provider


ye, M249 without bipod is similar to M16A4 DMR without ACOG.

_____________________

Embedded Image

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 617
Joined: 27 May 2009

      Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:44 Profile Norway


yeah it's fail big time, It's like not having and becon with you on night missions on Arma.

dgodfather

Private First Class
Posts: 205
Joined: 04 Apr 2008

      Posted: 24 Mar 2011 20:19 Profile United States


The maps are too close quarters atm for a bipod. By the time you got it set up you'd be rushed.



Last edited by dgodfather on 26 Mar 2011 23:34; edited 1 time in total
viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 617
Joined: 27 May 2009

      Posted: 25 Mar 2011 02:17 Profile Norway


ha ha haa, Have you ever played Red Orchestra? well if so, you would know that's not a problem for a good mg.



Last edited by viking_from_norway on 26 Mar 2011 03:15; edited 1 time in total
Fingergrass

Sergeant
Posts: 280
Joined: 01 Sep 2010

      Posted: 25 Mar 2011 14:34 Profile Satellite Provider


The Devs opted for the "arena" formula. They should've gone for "open-world" instead. Look at Novalogic's Delta Force series.
Then you'd say: yeah but everyone would become a berserk rambo instead of playing as a team... and this is where the AA3 mission designers would step in to earn their cash, and prove you wrong...

_____________________

Embedded Image

Warlock08

Private First Class
Posts: 164
Joined: 13 Feb 2008

      Posted: 26 Mar 2011 20:27 Profile


viking_from_norway wrote:

what i would want is a bipod to the SAW . not having one is [TOS Violation].



LOL no one would ever use it. Evey one who has the saw is usually running, gunning and rushing. It may have some use in bridge, well until the guy with the DMR one shot, head shot you from the other side of the map.

GroundHighZero

Recruit
Posts: 4
Joined: 25 Mar 2011

      Posted: 26 Mar 2011 23:34 Profile United States


Warlock08 wrote:

viking_from_norway wrote:

what i would want is a bipod to the SAW . not having one is [TOS Violation].



LOL no one would ever use it. Evey one who has the saw is usually running, gunning and rushing. It may have some use in bridge, well until the guy with the DMR one shot, head shot you from the other side of the map.



How do you know people would never use it? The whole reason people use it as a run 'n gun weapon is because its ineffectiveness at medium to long range, a bipod could make it a possibility for a better squad support weapon.

_____________________
Embedded Image

Warlock08

Private First Class
Posts: 164
Joined: 13 Feb 2008

      Posted: 27 Mar 2011 01:50 Profile


GroundHighZero wrote:

Warlock08 wrote:

viking_from_norway wrote:

what i would want is a bipod to the SAW . not having one is [TOS Violation].



LOL no one would ever use it. Evey one who has the saw is usually running, gunning and rushing. It may have some use in bridge, well until the guy with the DMR one shot, head shot you from the other side of the map.



How do you know people would never use it? The whole reason people use it as a run 'n gun weapon is because its ineffectiveness at medium to long range, a bipod could make it a possibility for a better squad support weapon.



How do I know people would never use it? Because AA3 is in most parts a run and gun shooter. The saw is the ultimate CQB weapon and you get much better results running and gunning then trying to camp somewhere with the tripod down. LOL how often do you actually see people even attempting to use it for suppressive fire? You might see it once in a blue moon on bridge, until the DMR follow the tracers back to it's owner Razz Support roles do not exist in AA3.

There is a reason why it so ineffective at medium and long range is to try and balance it. You trade off that accuracy for the huge volume of fire. It wouldn't be fun for everyone else if the SAW owned in both distance and range.

Anyway, the tripod was only rarely used in AA2. We never used it on close quarters maps like Urban and 85% of AA3 is close quarters combat.

Fingergrass

Sergeant
Posts: 280
Joined: 01 Sep 2010

      Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:25 Profile Satellite Provider


But if the Devs gave us a huge forest map with unlimited movement instead of the arena type....... forget it.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant
Posts: 617
Joined: 27 May 2009

      Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:40 Profile Norway


Warlock08 wrote:

GroundHighZero wrote:

Warlock08 wrote:

viking_from_norway wrote:

what i would want is a bipod to the SAW . not having one is [TOS Violation].



LOL no one would ever use it. Evey one who has the saw is usually running, gunning and rushing. It may have some use in bridge, well until the guy with the DMR one shot, head shot you from the other side of the map.



How do you know people would never use it? The whole reason people use it as a run 'n gun weapon is because its ineffectiveness at medium to long range, a bipod could make it a possibility for a better squad support weapon.



How do I know people would never use it? Because AA3 is in most parts a run and gun shooter. The saw is the ultimate CQB weapon and you get much better results running and gunning then trying to camp somewhere with the tripod down. LOL how often do you actually see people even attempting to use it for suppressive fire? You might see it once in a blue moon on bridge, until the DMR follow the tracers back to it's owner Razz Support roles do not exist in AA3.

There is a reason why it so ineffective at medium and long range is to try and balance it. You trade off that accuracy for the huge volume of fire. It wouldn't be fun for everyone else if the SAW owned in both distance and range.

Anyway, the tripod was only rarely used in AA2. We never used it on close quarters maps like Urban and 85% of AA3 is close quarters combat.



I would recommend you not to compare aa2 and aa3, they are not the same. You could use the saw as a m16 in aa2, it's hell of a lot more jumpy recoil to be used for such in aa3. The SAW is a support weapon and is supposed to be used as that. But the devs made it useless on it's designated range.

I also remember a video from the devs, they were mapping a soilder's reloading the SAW. He was very confused, why anyone would want to reload while prone without the use of a bipod. But the dev said, well a aa3 player would do such a stupid thing. Laughing

Warlock08

Private First Class
Posts: 164
Joined: 13 Feb 2008

      Posted: 27 Mar 2011 07:46 Profile


Quote:


I would recommend you not to compare aa2 and aa3, they are not the same. You could use the saw as a m16 in aa2, it's hell of a lot more jumpy recoil to be used for such in aa3. The SAW is a support weapon and is supposed to be used as that. But the devs made it useless on it's designated range.

I also remember a video from the devs, they were mapping a soilder's reloading the SAW. He was very confused, why anyone would want to reload while prone without the use of a bipod. But the dev said, well a aa3 player would do such a stupid thing. Laughing



Yeah, I shouldn't compare this too AA2. AA2 was much better Razz I know realistic the saw is a support weapon and design to keep the enemy heads down with suppressive fire. My point is that does not happen in AA3. In AA3 it's used primary as a rushing, CQB weapon. If you change it to effective at range it would just become this ultimate, overpowered weapon.

My question is why do people want to make the SAW even more powerful then it is now? I could nearly make an argument that is already overpowered in close quarters giving too greater advantage over the m16/m4. If it was effective at long range why would i ever want to use a m16?


 Game balancing vs realistic 
 

    Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

  

Jump to: