FAQ Support Issues
AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

Your opinion about Dementia. 

Lich[001]

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 19:34 Profile

Using the diagnostic criteria for dementia, what about that exactly qualifies?

Because he's willing to spend way more money on something than you think he should?

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 19:50 Profile Satellite Provider

au contraire, i think he should offer more, also think that i should be as a WoW admin.

Embedded Image

wrath_of_grunge

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 16:47 Profile

dementia is a dangerous disease. the problem with it is it usually comes on slowly, so family of the sufferer may not realize that's what it is. often times symptoms can manifest as confusion in the middle of the night or an argumentative attitude about issues. usually the person begins neglecting financial obligations and that makes for a real nightmare.

my grandmother lost her house in 2000 that they had owned since the 60's. she mortgaged it for $2,500 to have the bathroom redone and never told anybody. we didn't know until the sheriffs office showed up to evict her.

there should be stronger laws to help people with dementia or Alzheimer's. it's sad that things like this happen to people and as we live to older ages we can expect to see people become ill with diseases that may not have been so commonplace in days of yore. certain types of cancer also come to mind.

the thing to remember with people with mental illnesses, is that they don't always realize they're ill or that anything is wrong. that can make treatment very difficult.

Lich[001]

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 17:32 Profile

The utter lack of mental health care infrastructure in most Western nations is a massive problem.

wrath_of_grunge

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 18:11 Profile

Lich[001] wrote:

The utter lack of mental health care infrastructure in most Western nations is a massive problem.

i agree. i think as we move into the future and begin to understand the mind more, better care will result. we gotta remember that modern medicine is pretty young. just as recently as 80 years ago, the mentally ill were treated as criminals and sometimes given frontal lobotomies because that was medical knowledge at the time. nowadays it sounds barbaric, but it was really only a single lifetime ago.

only two lifetimes ago we kept slaves. how far we've come.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 12:08 Profile Satellite Provider

i really fear the cases of dementia diagnosed as normal behavior.

Your opinion about Dementia. 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

Jump to: