» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

International Military Action in Libya 

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 13:53 Profile Sierra Leone

greeneyes wrote:

Turkey is different, perhaps because half is not Islamic and that half belongs to Europe?

97% sure is half.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 14:40 Profile Norway

darksmaster923 wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

Turkey is different, perhaps because half is not Islamic and that half belongs to Europe?

97% sure is half.

Word.

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 14:48 Profile United States

NeoCon1 wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

Octavius_Generalista wrote:

I'd like to see Gaddafi out of course, we doesnt?

I disagree.
Countries of North Africa and Middle East without a dictatorial regime becomes The Chaos.

Exactly. Either chaos or they become an Islamic state which is pretty much a dictatorial regime anyway. Should have done everything possible to keep the Shah of Iran in power, thank you very much Jimmy Carter you bumbling incompetent fool! Unfortunately we've got Jimmy Carter part 2 in there now. Freedom, democracy, capitalism, human rights, and secular representative government are not naturally occurring events in the muslim world. We forced one upon them in Iraq and it remains to be seen what the long term outcome of that will be. Either we go all in and do the same in Libya or let Gaddafi stay.

I agree with the ideas you have, but not quite what you said about the Muslims taking/keeping power.

First off, while it may be politically incorrect (in democracy) to say that a country should be ruled by religion, I disagree. Throughout the Middle Ages and for a while after the Catholic Church held together Europe and Western Civilization. And, it's very hard to tear down the law that the church in power has, if has many followers and a good thousand or two tears of existence behind it.

However, Islam was (and sometimes still is) a religion that silently suggests not-so-nice actions in some cases. From it's very beginnings it attacked the Coptic Church to get followers. An old teacher of mine once spoke with a former Muslim about his opinions on terrorism. He said that a Muslim who is a terrorist is just as far away from his faith as a Christian who doesn't go to church.

I am not trying to rag on a religion, nor am I attempting to show any hatred towards a certain group of people. Just expressing what I know and sharing my experiences. If there is any hurt inflicted to anybody about what I said above please say so and I will have a moderator delete/edit this post... thanx

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 14:55 Profile Norway

It isin't that simple, Lybia isin't Iraq.

Rombus

Recruit

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 11:46 Profile Bermuda

viking_from_norway wrote:

It isin't that simple, Lybia isin't Iraq.

If you're American it is.

It's all just one big Iraq over there.

Unicorn01

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 19:18 Profile United States

It's so funny that if it weren't for oil nobody would give a damn what happens in the Middle East. It would be like most of Africa. People could slaughter each other daily and nobody would care. The only reason that the Middle East commands any attention is the oil they have. The only reason that anyone there has any wealth at all (mostly the royal families, or dictators in charge) is the oil. Without the oil they'd still be living like they were 200 years ago. Or even 80 years ago. Or hell, like some are still living now. Herding goats just outside Riyadh and Kuwait City.

Jumping around like a ... Jack Russell on a hot sidewalk is not something we do in the Army.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 19:33 Profile Satellite Provider

if the international community thinks Muammar Gaddafi is a tyrannical dictator and it needs to be removed, remove it in the simplest way. problem solved. for god's sake stop destroying the country.

Embedded Image

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 17:09 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

if the international community thinks Muammar Gaddafi is a tyrannical dictator and it needs to be removed, remove it in the simplest way. problem solved. for god's sake stop destroying the country.

I think that removing Gaddafi may destroy the country.

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 17:11 Profile United States

*UPDATE*

Rebel forces are getting pounded by Qaddafi's troops. What should the UN do to stop this? Discuss...

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 18:07 Profile Satellite Provider

drop more bombs and destroy more buildings?

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 19:51 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

drop more bombs and destroy more buildings?

Just throwing this out there for the discussion's sake... the deployment of ground troops.

Rombus

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 22:45 Profile Bermuda

Hey guys lets invade another country with no plan and no clear objectives.

Unicorn01

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 03:11 Profile United States

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation..." Senator Barack H. Obama, December 20, 2007.

Vice President Joe Biden's words referring to proposed actions of then-President George W. Bush: "The president has no constitutional authority to take this country to war... Unless we are attacked or he has proof that we are about to be attacked... If he does, I would move to impeach him..."

By the way, to those that don't know, Obama studied the Constitution in law school.

So where Bush went to Congress for approval to conduct war, Obama did not. Obama also seems to be reporting to the UN and NATO over the American people.

Rombus

Recruit

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 14:28 Profile Bermuda

Unicorn01 wrote:

"So where Bush went to Congress for approval to conduct war, Obama did not. Obama also seems to be reporting to the UN and NATO over the American people.

Haha this is a ridiculous statement. The United States owns NATO lock stock and barrel and the UN is basically an American debating club the government occasionally uses to give a veneer of legitimacy to its various imperialist expeditions overseas.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 15:11 Profile

Rombus,

i dont like that remark to be honest im american that dosent mean i agree with everything and you just pretty much single out every american in the us, to be honest its not or fight and we should keep or nose to us for a change we dont need to baby sit ever country hand and foot and they need to start helping them, but also if a country leader is killing innocent people why shouldnt we step in it isnt right to kill innocent people just becuase your big and powerful showing you are fearless leader is so far fetch in the midwest its getting kinda old why dont you actually do good is a leader over there and stop trying to be hitler which didnt last long in power to himself in WW2 now did he and hint we didnt kill him but after that he didnt live long enough, and for the record US i dont belive US owns Nato, hinch why we turn it over to Nato Nato is a mix of Military combine into one which can be your country our country etc so yea for the fact that you look like you single out americans by your statments dosent seem like your to happy with americans for trying to keep peace between one another i agree we shouldnt but then again were keeping your alot of countries from being invading by tirants like this

International Military Action in Libya 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: