Common Solutions
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

International Military Action in Libya 

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 18:38 Profile Satellite Provider

Italy is concerned, but not with the health of Libyan people.
Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa but most analysts agree that the country is still underexplored, holds the largest proven oil reserves in Africa, Libya is Africa's fourth-biggest oil producer and a key supplier for Europe. Italy, home to Libya's biggest foreign oil operator Eni, gets one fifth of its energy consumption from the North African country, also Libya's natural gas reserves are very important to Europe since the opening of the "Greenstream" pipeline to Europe in late 2004.

The revolution is preventing the supply of oil and natural gas to Europe, given that the rebels have captured a portion of these vital infrastructure therefore, the Italians are concerned about their interests.

Is now important that world leaders are careful with the changes caused in these countries, key to global economy, because the effects may be the exact opposite of those intended, further aggravating the global economic crisis.

For those who are advocates of equality among people, stop dreaming about the perfect world, I say it does not exist, for someone can have privileges, someone must suffer, may sound ruthless but is true, unless you wish that we all suffer.

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 05:54 Profile Brunei Darussalam

Octavius_Generalista wrote:

It is very strange when Europe actually spearheads a military action instead of the USA. And as an American residing in a mostly Red State, I have some friends that actually are upset that we let Europe (particularly those dirty Frenchies) push this thing through instead of us. Of course, it's the sign of Obama's weakness etc.

But, to me, it makes perfect sense that the US would enter into this with a lower profile. The last thing the Libyan rebels need to destroy their credibility is to appear owned by the USA. People get leery when the USA starts bombing countries with oil, I have no idea what would give them such thoughts Smile .

And it is not surprising Europe would have more interest in this than us anyways. The USA didnt really have a great relationship with Libya prior to this, whereas Europe does, especially France and Italy. They need resolution on this so business can get back to usual.

I do have some big concerns though, cuz this action can really escalate. You tear down a system, a new system must replace it, at a financial cost. I'd prefer the USA stay out of the forefront on this. I'd like to see Gaddafi out of course, we doesnt? If all of us can assist in some form of Democracy over there, obviously it's good in the long run. Hell, we can maybe buy some oil from them!

Thats what it boils down to with me. How much is it gonna cost, and can it benefit me in the long run?

Don't take my words as offensive, but there aren't many African/Middle-East Islamic countries which really like US. They would see in a very bad way a US major military action against Libya, even if UN allowed military intervention in the region.
If they partecipate as support I guess it's ok, but it won't be if US take the lead.

Yet I wonder why France (=Sarkozy) wanted so much to put down Gheddafi: I may understand UK, but France... Confused

greeneyes wrote:

Italy is concerned, but not with the health of Libyan people.
Libya has the largest proven oil reserves in Africa but most analysts agree that the country is still underexplored, holds the largest proven oil reserves in Africa, Libya is Africa's fourth-biggest oil producer and a key supplier for Europe. Italy, home to Libya's biggest foreign oil operator Eni, gets one fifth of its energy consumption from the North African country, also Libya's natural gas reserves are very important to Europe since the opening of the "Greenstream" pipeline to Europe in late 2004.

The revolution is preventing the supply of oil and natural gas to Europe, given that the rebels have captured a portion of these vital infrastructure therefore, the Italians are concerned about their interests.

Is now important that world leaders are careful with the changes caused in these countries, key to global economy, because the effects may be the exact opposite of those intended, further aggravating the global economic crisis.

For those who are advocates of equality among people, stop dreaming about the perfect world, I say it does not exist, for someone can have privileges, someone must suffer, may sound ruthless but is true, unless you wish that we all suffer.

Sure thing "Italy in concerned". Laughing
But I would be more careful when saying "[Italy is] not [concerned] with the health of Libyan people", because it would have been more reasonable not to let UN fighters take-off/land in Italian bases, which are the closest to Libya. If France had the urge to bomb Libya they could have just sent their warplanes without waiting at all.
And I quietly believe most of Italians would gladly kick Gheddafi if they could. Really

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 14:48 Profile United States

I missed you

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 16:17 Profile Satellite Provider

I'm glad to see the international community's commitment to replace a dictator for a corrupt politician. I'm just curious to know from who he will be friend.

The_Lost_Marauder

Sergeant Major

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 04:36 Profile Brunei Darussalam

W@@dy wrote:

I missed you

<3 Embarassed

greeneyes wrote:

I'm glad to see the international community's commitment to replace a dictator for a corrupt politician. I'm just curious to know from who he will be friend.

Should we all just leave him there?

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 06:34 Profile Norway

Norway is sending some of our fighters to join the bombings too Very Happy

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 15:30 Profile Satellite Provider

its only me or libyan rebels look like like alqaeda fighters? who will be providing them with weapons...?
either way another point (with oil) of instability is created.

Embedded Image

Lich[001]

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 16:20 Profile

greeneyes wrote:

its only me or libyan rebels look like like alqaeda fighters? who will be providing them with weapons...?

Those silly low income Muslims. They all look the same to me, amirite? Eh? Ehhhhh?

:Rolling Eyes:

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 16:45 Profile Norway

greeneyes wrote:

They have little firepower, but as you can see they mostly have russian firearms...... so russia is busy selling as always.

well it's the middle east they tend to dress like that...

Norway is gaining because of it as oil now cost some more.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:05 Profile Satellite Provider

viking_from_norway wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

They have little firepower, but as you can see they mostly have russian firearms...... so russia is busy selling as always.

not sure if russia is busy with that, anyway their weapons seems pretty shine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n...27.html

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:43 Profile Norway

greeneyes wrote:

viking_from_norway wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

not sure if russia is busy with that, anyway their weapons seems pretty shine.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/americas-secret-plan-to-arm-libyas-rebels-2234227.html

intresting i did not know this, It's a TRAP!
I wonder when BBC and CNN and such start looking into it too.

ROUGHRIDER13

Recruit

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 22:13 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

I'm sure some Ghaddafi (or however you spell it) haters will deal weapons under the table to the rebels... and the russians, the AK and RPK and RPGs are all Russian right

NeoCon1

Recruit

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 08:00 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

I'd like to see Gaddafi out of course, we doesnt?

I disagree.
Countries of North Africa and Middle East without a dictatorial regime becomes The Chaos.

Exactly. Either chaos or they become an Islamic state which is pretty much a dictatorial regime anyway. Should have done everything possible to keep the Shah of Iran in power, thank you very much Jimmy Carter you bumbling incompetent fool! Unfortunately we've got Jimmy Carter part 2 in there now. Freedom, democracy, capitalism, human rights, and secular representative government are not naturally occurring events in the muslim world. We forced one upon them in Iraq and it remains to be seen what the long term outcome of that will be. Either we go all in and do the same in Libya or let Gaddafi stay.

Lich[001]

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 10:00 Profile

NeoCon1 wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

I'd like to see Gaddafi out of course, we doesnt?

I disagree.
Countries of North Africa and Middle East without a dictatorial regime becomes The Chaos.

Exactly. Either chaos or they become an Islamic state which is pretty much a dictatorial regime anyway. Should have done everything possible to keep the Shah of Iran in power, thank you very much Jimmy Carter you bumbling incompetent fool! Unfortunately we've got Jimmy Carter part 2 in there now. Freedom, democracy, capitalism, human rights, and secular representative government are not naturally occurring events in the muslim world. We forced one upon them in Iraq and it remains to be seen what the long term outcome of that will be. Either we go all in and do the same in Libya or let Gaddafi stay.

Turkey would like to have a word with you. I know it's totes easier to pretend like Islamic beliefs are somehow incompatible with democratic representation and a secular government, but it isn't inherently true.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 11:54 Profile Satellite Provider

Turkey is different, perhaps because half is not Islamic and that half belongs to Europe?

International Military Action in Libya 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: