AA3 On Facebook!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Better Realism Alternative 

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 16:33 Profile Norway

aa yes the free version of VBS2 well, it's well kown. but Arma2 is better if you don't have clan.

DiaboLusitano

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 16:47 Profile Portugal

Yes, i have a clan in ArmA2... Called (comunidade Portuguesa Arma ).

And i know Arma is better than VBS, but the issue here was to say there are alternatives to AA3... Arma is a payed game...
VBS2 lite is for free... And waaaaay beter than AA3.

United Kingdom - 1
United States - 0

loool

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:16 Profile Satellite Provider

I would like someone to explain where is the realism in aa3, besides training, weapons and gear.

Embedded Image

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:46 Profile Norway

aha, if only.

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:46 Profile

JoseyWales wrote:

PR would have been a great game, if they had taken it to the next level and actually licensed an engine for it. As it stands now, it is left in the dust with barely 10 servers running at 50% capacity.

Um, what? PR has AT LEAST 2-3 FULL (64 players) AT ALL TIMES! The hardest part about playing it is joining one of the servers cause there full all the time, it IS a great MOD, but I would bye it as it is withy mabye a few tweaks, i.e. graphics, controls. You obviosly don't know what your talking about.

Last edited by bulbman on 24 Mar 2011 18:03; edited 1 time in total
viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 17:53 Profile Norway

Yes PR is a great team based game, but it has no about only 20% who playes like a team. communication is key there is close to none. only clans do that, generall people don't, why would they?

also they pushed to much on the bf2 engine, it weren't made to it. well me, I'm looking forewards to PR to ARMA2 like it should have been from the start, figuratively speaking of course.

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 18:03 Profile

viking_from_norway wrote:

Yes PR is a great team based game, but it has no about only 20% who playes like a team. communication is key there is close to none. only clans do that, generall people don't, why would they?

also they pushed to much on the bf2 engine, it weren't made to it. well me, I'm looking forewards to PR to ARMA2 like it should have been from the start, figuratively speaking of course.

I usually find a good team, there is always at least a couple of good teams in each server, btw PR on BF3 engine? Would be awsome!

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 18:17 Profile Sierra Leone

DiaboLusitano wrote:

Since i play both games (AA3 and ArmA2) i must say that AA3 is not in the same league of ArmA2.

For the one who said that " anygame that requires over 70binds and a manual to figure out is not realistic"
i have to ask if we need no training an manuals wen joining the army....
About the AI i must say that they are not perfect, but they are not terrible either, i don't know wich version you played, but they become very good with the paches.
Graphics are dull??? You gotta be kidding me!! It depends allot if you have a good gaming rig or not but you cant say that is the game fault if you cant play it maxed out. (i can and the graphics are awsome)

About someone saing that arma 2 is boring... Well it depends on what mission you are playing.
There are literally hundreds of missions and maps... Check this video if you think Arma is boring and with bad graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feedlik

And just for the record... British army also have their own free version of AA3.
And you guys say that there are no alternatives??

contrary to popular belief, putting arbitrary restrictions on players does not make the game more realistic.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 02:15 Profile Norway

darksmaster923 wrote:

DiaboLusitano wrote:

Since i play both games (AA3 and ArmA2) i must say that AA3 is not in the same league of ArmA2.

For the one who said that " anygame that requires over 70binds and a manual to figure out is not realistic"
About the AI i must say that they are not perfect, but they are not terrible either, i don't know wich version you played, but they become very good with the paches.
Graphics are dull??? You gotta be kidding me!! It depends allot if you have a good gaming rig or not but you cant say that is the game fault if you cant play it maxed out. (i can and the graphics are awsome)

About someone saing that arma 2 is boring... Well it depends on what mission you are playing.
There are literally hundreds of missions and maps... Check this video if you think Arma is boring and with bad graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feedlik

And just for the record... British army also have their own free version of AA3.

contrary to popular belief, putting arbitrary restrictions on players does not make the game more realistic.

On the contrary it does make it more realistic. that is the only way to put fear of dying on players, a game is still a game. they know they aren't gonna really die.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 16:12 Profile Sierra Leone

darksmaster923 wrote:

DiaboLusitano wrote:

On the contrary it does make it more realistic. that is the only way to put fear of dying on players, a game is still a game. they know they aren't gonna really die.

erm, adding player restrictions doesn't change anything about fear of death. it just makes players fight the game.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 16:29 Profile Norway

darksmaster923 wrote:

darksmaster923 wrote:

DiaboLusitano wrote:

erm, adding player restrictions doesn't change anything about fear of death. it just makes players fight the game.

the results seem to disagree.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 18:16 Profile Satellite Provider

if i may i say that it will be very difficult to find the perfect balance between realism and arcade games.
said that, AA3 is in the midst of them having a bit of each, and the formula that was found is not inappropriate.
we're just disgusted because the problem that always have been associated to aa3 has not left us fully appreciate this game.
all will be ok after next patch. trusting on Dev's.

rydehard

Private First Class

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 21:49 Profile Canada

AA3 ain't really that bad. The one major con that comes to mind with this game is the serious lack of content and speed at which the game is being developed. The bugs in this game are minimal in contrast to the playerbase, or lack there of... which can be directly linked with lack of content.

Seriously, most of us can only play the same maps, on the same servers, with the same people so many times.

Also, I think an SDK would really help.

Dangall

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 01:57 Profile Italy

rydehard wrote:

AA3 ain't really that bad. The one major con that comes to mind with this game is the serious lack of content and speed at which the game is being developed. The bugs in this game are minimal in contrast to the playerbase, or lack there of... which can be directly linked with lack of content.

Seriously, most of us can only play the same maps, on the same servers, with the same people so many times.

Also, I think an SDK would really help.

Agree except SDK.
An unrestrained use of SDK and mods killed AA2 imho. I stopped to play it just because of that.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 15:23 Profile Satellite Provider

Dangall wrote:

An unrestrained use of SDK and mods killed AA2 imho. I stopped to play it just because of that.

yes, do not repeat the same mistake with AA3.

Better Realism Alternative 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: