Better Realism Alternative 

Octavius_Generalista

Private

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 09:57 Profile United States

Embedded Image

SurviockAA3

Recruit

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 11:58 Profile Netherlands

I imagine that I can play online with acrade for max. 30 minutes (cost me penny, though).

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 14:29 Profile United States

I don't think it would be any better to go back to AA2 and have these guys work on that. If they are having problems with developing the broken AA3, which it appears they are, who says they wouldn't have any problems with AA2? I'm not sure how many of the people who developed that are still around.

I don't play it but, at least AA2 works right. (Somewhat?) Laughing

Embedded Image

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 17:24 Profile Sierra Leone

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

darksmaster923, i was referring to the the youtube link you posted to me about a guy jkilling three people and calling him rambo when all he did was pretty much sit there and teabag after kills, kinda sad really rthen he re loads up again thats not rweally rambo at all, rambo is more like a loner he kills everything in his sight, killing 3 4 people does not make you rambo at all, i mean yes the guy in the vid was alone , but you have to look at factors of it all i guess i dont see rambo in that youtube link you sent me at all

he sprints everywhere with the saw and just full auto sprays while running and strafing toward the enemies. you seriously think that running and sidestepping at enemies full auto with a saw is supposed to be normal in this game?

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 18:04 Profile

darksmaster923,

my point exactly Dark or convo is done here thanks for replying bye bye

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 18:21 Profile

Wow, that AA3 video pretty much describes in everyway why AA3 in not that realistic.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 18:34 Profile Satellite Provider

guys you are fighting for nothing.
obviously nobody cares about this game or even with us, the loyal followers.
we are here to kill each other and the gods are smiling
obviously we don't need more than looking at the number the of players to realize the real condition of this game. if no one wants to know what we will do? nothing besides we get bored with each other or even ourselves. let it go, life goes on.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 20:34 Profile

hmm there is nothing we can say or do anyways its done when its done thats the motto we all wait and suffer and smile and hurt and luagh i love the game i stand by the Devs and the Mods and the AA# communtity everyone else can speak for them selves as we in america have that so called Freedom oof Speech, i have no comments any further nor am i fighting, see you guys on the Battlefield later

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 07:57 Profile Canada

bulbman wrote:

Wow, that AA3 video pretty much describes in everyway why AA3 in not that realistic.

not sure what video youre talking about.. just read something about a kid running with AR spraying.. this can happen in any game.. create the most 100% realistic game and as long as I can control my soldier I can still go and do that.. so it really has nothing to do with the realism of AA3, but how one chooses to play the game.

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 20:39 Profile

=IK=Doba= wrote:

bulbman wrote:

not sure what video youre talking about.. just read something about a kid running with AR spraying.. this can happen in any game.. create the most 100% realistic game and as long as I can control my soldier I can still go and do that.. so it really has nothing to do with the realism of AA3, but how one chooses to play the game.

The point is that he was WINNING, the stupid crosshairs are more accurate than the sights! also, try spraying a SAW in ARMA, see how that works out for ya.

JoseyWales

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 09:50 Profile United States

anygame that requires over 70binds and a manual to figure out is not realistic. I don't have to think about what button to hit when I need to walk down the street or pull a trigger. the game is overly complex, and complexity does not make realism, in the end its just another game with more bindings and buttons. the game is not very fluid at all. the ai is terrible, nmes run 30 to 100 yards past you and then turn to shoot. they run out in open fields with no purpose at all. graphics are very very dull, aa3 looks better imo.

PR should not even be in the same sentence with arma. It is nothing like it at all, other than being a massively multi player fps. PR would have been a great game, if they had taken it to the next level and actually licensed an engine for it. As it stands now, it is left in the dust with barely 10 servers running at 50% capacity.

DiaboLusitano

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:14 Profile Portugal

Since i play both games (AA3 and ArmA2) i must say that AA3 is not in the same league of ArmA2.

For the one who said that " anygame that requires over 70binds and a manual to figure out is not realistic"
i have to ask if we need no training an manuals wen joining the army....
About the AI i must say that they are not perfect, but they are not terrible either, i don't know wich version you played, but they become very good with the paches.
Graphics are dull??? You gotta be kidding me!! It depends allot if you have a good gaming rig or not but you cant say that is the game fault if you cant play it maxed out. (i can and the graphics are awsome)

About someone saing that arma 2 is boring... Well it depends on what mission you are playing.
There are literally hundreds of missions and maps... Check this video if you think Arma is boring and with bad graphics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feedlik

And just for the record... British army also have their own free version of AA3.
And you guys say that there are no alternatives??

frankof

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:28 Profile Norway

DiaboLusitano wrote:

And just for the record... British army also have their own free version of AA3.

Wow, the graphics was amazing, its almost like an interactive film Wink
https://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/st...t.aspx# (click "join the mission" )

Jautis

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 12:42 Profile Europe

frankof wrote:

DiaboLusitano wrote:

Wow, the graphics was amazing, its almost like an interactive film Wink
https://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/st...t.aspx# (click "join the mission" )

Wow it looks better than Battlefield 3! Laughing

DiaboLusitano

Recruit

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 13:04 Profile Portugal

LOL...

I was talking about JCOVE Lite, the UK free game.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...related

And this one... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...related

Or maybe this ingame footage... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...related

Better Realism Alternative 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: