Community Sites
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Better Realism Alternative 

zivi7

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 09:46 Profile

Sorry, but what's PR? Never heard of it.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 11:18 Profile Norway

greeneyes wrote:

ArmA or PR are games that must necessarily be played as a team, it has no place for Rambo's.
These games are realistic simulators, to enjoy these games we must have the Army Spirit within us. These games are as close to reality as much as we can get. Rambo's in these games have a short life and in consequence the game becomes boring for them.

Now speaking of AA3, the traditional AA3 player hates these realistic simulators, he finds in COD or BC2 what he would have on AA3, this happens because AA3 is closest to an arcade than a realistic simulator. Joking, we can say that the AA3 has the wrong player base, but them have no guilt, AA3 is like that encourages this type of game play after all in AA3 Rambo or Dancer has a higher success rate than tactical player, that attracts this type of players.

AA3 is realistic in regard to training, gear, weapons and mos (wish i had these on PR), in the gameplay AA3 is nothing more than a arcade like COD or something similar. Dev's has put together the realism of the Army with arcade game style even copied some features of those arcade.

I can only say that, if dev's did so was because someone told them or else they have made ​​a terrible mistake.

Hahahaa, so true.

It's funny each time you people say aa3 is realistic, lol! It's authentic, the devs have never stated that it is realistic.

zivi7 If you don't know what PR is I recommend you should refrain from commenting. But please continue if you want to Very Happy

zivi7

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 13:08 Profile

Nevermind.

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 16:19 Profile

zivi7 wrote:

bulbman wrote:

join a realism clan, and have fun. Here's a video of some clan gameplay in a realism unit

There you have it - it depends on the people playing the game. I don't know anything about ARMA but in the video it looks as if they might as well have stayed in the Humvees and drove to those first enemies directly to attack them - which is what the "rambos" in AA3 do on foot.

You could do the same slow and careful approach shown in the video in AA3, too - but only with people who agree to do so. In other words, it's never going to happen on a public server where for example many people don't even stick to the Assault/Defense-roles.

The reason they didn't just use the humvees is because, 1 they had to clear out that area, and not engage that other building, humvees are big obvious targets,2 ARMA has RPGs, and 1 RPG and almost everyone in said humvee is pretty much dead, and 3, also most importantly, ARMA 2 has a complex mission editor, and so that was probably the first time they had ever played that mission, caution is a must in this game.

zivi7 wrote:

Sorry, but what's PR? Never heard of it.

It's a BF2 mod called Project Reality, and is also a very good team-based/ squad-based shooter, if this was a game, i'd buy it, it's that good.

Last edited by bulbman on 18 Mar 2011 16:24; edited 1 time in total
Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 16:32 Profile Canada

Why would you come here and post about arma2 This is aa. I have played arma2 and if your into runnning around for 1/2 hour doing nothing have at her.

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 17:14 Profile

Wonkss wrote:

Why would you come here and post about arma2 This is aa. I have played arma2 and if your into runnning around for 1/2 hour doing nothing have at her.

I thought someone here might be interested and give it a try, its not hurting anyone, btw, you didn't watch the video did you? This is supposed to be with realism units in mind, not just the game. Also, im not possitive, but don't you do a lot of, well boring stuff in the army?

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 18:16 Profile Canada

bulbman wrote:

Wonkss wrote:

I thought someone here might be interested and give it a try, its not hurting anyone, btw, you didn't watch the video did you? This is supposed to be with realism units in mind, not just the game. Also, im not possitive, but don't you do a lot of, well boring stuff in the army?

Sorry I'm not in the army im sitting infront of my computer playing a game (yes i said it a game) if i wanted to be in the army i would be in the army but im not. Im sitting at home infront of my computer when im not working at job... HooaH

P.S I would beleave lots of people would be intrested in arma2 but im almost sure everyone playing aa3 knows and has heard about it its only been mentioned in here 500 times in comparison to aa3.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 14:33 Profile

darksmaster923,

chuckles j see who do you think commented on that post i like that person they seem pretty smart, and btw that's not really rambo what that vid did it was mostly dude shot 2 people and then tea-Ba&&& them wow then reset for another 2 people shot xD i pay attention to the fine line so yea i agree with that siduas person they seem smart!

also to be honest ive seen people go and kill like 13 people running them over that's rambo for ya take another vid and try again!

world-

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 20:35 Profile

greeneyes wrote:

There is no alternative to AA2, thats why we need to have it fixed asap and stop working on AA3

asap translation: now

Fixed

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 17:18 Profile

world- wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

There is no alternative to AA2, thats why we need to have it fixed asap and stop working on AA3

Fixed

so you guys were perfer to be on aa2 then go back its as easy to install it as it was easy enough for me to un-install it from my pc, dont know if ill ever go back to aa2, its way under realistic to me although i had a good 3 4 years of fun behind it it was fun while it lasted, but in all fairness not many servers not many maps being played tired of botting it up and i got to play is border of Hospital sigh no thnaks there is alot more maps then those two i like to play a lil bit of everythijng back in that time like sf villiage was awesome, and my fav SF pipeline or Oasis was pretty nice as wel, what about farm raid i loved that as well so many maps so many two bad thou thanks for making me sad

world-

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 20:32 Profile

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

world- wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

Fixed

so you guys were perfer to be on aa2 then go back its as easy to install it as it was easy enough for me to un-install it from my pc, dont know if ill ever go back to aa2, its way under realistic to me although i had a good 3 4 years of fun behind it it was fun while it lasted, but in all fairness not many servers not many maps being played tired of botting it up and i got to play is border of Hospital sigh no thnaks there is alot more maps then those two i like to play a lil bit of everythijng back in that time like sf villiage was awesome, and my fav SF pipeline or Oasis was pretty nice as wel, what about farm raid i loved that as well so many maps so many two bad thou thanks for making me sad

Never un-installed it, I still play, However I did un-install AA3 after a few weeks of playing.

Republik

Recruit

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:17 Profile Australia

Both games are unique and cannot be compared with one another. Playing as Infantry in ArmA2 is extremely frustrating at times, the controls and movement is uncomfortable and far from 'realistic'.

Personally, that video is a bad example of ArmA2's realism.. the player is operating in third-person and crosshairs for the majority of combat, definitely doesn't showcase its capabilities.

I enjoy ArmA2 for so many reasons, but it doesn't offer the same effect to infantry combat as AA3 does, which is why I play both for different reasons.

Octavius_Generalista

Private

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 21:21 Profile United States

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

world- wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

Fixed

oh, how many countless hours I had wasted years back on pipeline. My PC was slow, so the indoor maps were where i would play. But you know, I never was much concerned about how realistic it was, I just thought it was fun. Even spamming grenades by throwing them 50 yards blindly.....

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 22:46 Profile Sierra Leone

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

darksmaster923,

chuckles j see who do you think commented on that post i like that person they seem pretty smart, and btw that's not really rambo what that vid did it was mostly dude shot 2 people and then tea-Ba&&& them wow then reset for another 2 people shot xD i pay attention to the fine line so yea i agree with that siduas person they seem smart!

also to be honest ive seen people go and kill like 13 people running them over that's rambo for ya take another vid and try again!

i can't read this post at all.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 03:56 Profile

darksmaster923, i was referring to the the youtube link you posted to me about a guy jkilling three people and calling him rambo when all he did was pretty much sit there and teabag after kills, kinda sad really rthen he re loads up again thats not rweally rambo at all, rambo is more like a loner he kills everything in his sight, killing 3 4 people does not make you rambo at all, i mean yes the guy in the vid was alone , but you have to look at factors of it all i guess i dont see rambo in that youtube link you sent me at all

Better Realism Alternative 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: