» See more topics

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Better Realism Alternative 

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 22:08 Profile

[Watch SOME of the video before posting please]
I've been playing AA for a while, and I always thought of it as pretty realistic, but now I realise it's kinda not, for you Army guys, is AA really what it's like in the Army/ military? Seems more like slower more boring deathmatch to me. Don't get me wrong AA is great, but if you want something a little more "realistic", not that ANY game could ever truely simulate real war, check out Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, join a realism clan, and have fun. Here's a video of some clan gameplay in a realism unit.(it's a bit long)
[Watch SOME of the video before posting please]
http://www.theeter.com/arma

Last edited by bulbman on 17 Mar 2011 16:07; edited 1 time in total
Surely

Recruit

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 23:53 Profile

The game is realistic but very boring. I predicted your video before it started playing. Knowing ARMA it had to be over 30 minutes and the vast majority running around looking down scopes at nothing.

Americas Army should be designing a realistic close quarters combat game. Thats what it had in AA 2.0. Mount McKenna was a very good SIM shooter..... maybe not 100% realistic (you cant put the fear of death in a video game) but with the leaps in technology they have today it can be done.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 00:04 Profile

arma2 is a Brit game and not the Army to the US which America Army is, its pretty Auth from what the Vetrans Have said , and as seen on tv no one man goes in alone to win the whole fight this isnt rambo, its just like the real deal you work as a unit the end

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 01:39 Profile Sierra Leone

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

arma2 is a Brit game and not the Army to the US which America Army is, its pretty Auth from what the Vetrans Have said , and as seen on tv no one man goes in alone to win the whole fight this isnt rambo, its just like the real deal you work as a unit the end

What?

First of all, rambo is how you win in AA3.

Second of all, Operation flashpoint featured US Army, ArmA features US Army, ArmA2 features US Marines, and A2OA features US Army (abiet with scars for some reason).
I don't see how it doesn't feature America.

Unicorn01

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 03:15 Profile United States

Why do the people who tend to state with authority what is or isn't "realistic" the ones that usually have never done anything even close to it? If you've never even been through Basic, how can you say something is realistic or not? If all you know are other video games, and movies, how can you judge what is realistic or not? Reviews by other people who also have no idea?
The least realistic thing about AA is the lack of teamwork.

Jumping around like a ... Jack Russell on a hot sidewalk is not something we do in the Army.

Normandin

Recruit

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 06:06 Profile

I agree with Unicorn01 working with the army for the last 6 years has made me appreciate how much teamwork falls into a real life mission it can be boring at time sorry the real army is not like call of duty where you just run around and kill you have to use teamwork and tactics in every aspect of the mission

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 15:42 Profile United States

I could be wrong- but that video to me sounded like a real Unit training- that didn't sound like just regular people playing on TS-

Thats exactly how it sounded when I was in the Service-

The guy asking "Am I allowed to return fire?"

Thats how AA should be-

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

bulbman

Recruit

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 16:04 Profile

Normandin wrote:

I agree with Unicorn01 working with the army for the last 6 years has made me appreciate how much teamwork falls into a real life mission it can be boring at time sorry the real army is not like call of duty where you just run around and kill you have to use teamwork and tactics in every aspect of the mission

Dude , seriosly, watch the video, it is pretty much %100 teamwork, and to unicorn, yes your right, i did say specifically that nothing can be completely realistic, but im pretty sure this is waaaaay closer than AA, even in mission structure, not just teamwork, i seriously doubt, and correct me if im wrong, that you would go on a mission, and engage the same number of enemies as your team, and try to pick up a case or something, with no support at all, its REALLY linear, the problem,i think is that, the devs took some stuff from popular FPS games and tried to make it "realistic" so it would seem more "mainstream" friendly.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 18:13 Profile

Unicorn01,

thank you for answering it the right way, ive never been in basic, but i have family members who have been and who have seen me play this game and they claim its pretty auth on the training and some the teamwork.

darksmaster923,

if there is a word to describe your facts i would pick the less knowledgeable term for you but since i can not call you that, then let me point out, aa3 is not about rambo one man army even thou there is a coin for it you will not get this all the time im sure of, although some people make it fairly easy to look like there rambo becuase they may be using something illegal or changed something in there ini file to make them leet, belive me i got the same tweaks as the guide and have a pretty descent pc as well like others and i cant just simply run and gun people down although when i do get into fire fights and i most likly get injured or down for being cap the other guy isnt going to be running off to far himself as he is most likly bleeeding just as much..

im just not sure what else to say when you try to teach knowledge to some people that think they know it all, i know what i can do thou, just stop giving my side of things as it seems every one i come across is a crictic ill just play the game and be silence forever xD so no harm no foul later all my final pOst in AA3 forum

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 19:34 Profile Satellite Provider

There is no alternative to AA3, thats why we need to have it fixed asap.

asap translation: now

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 22:16 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

There is no alternative to AA3, thats why we need to have it fixed asap.

asap translation: now

Reading all your previous posts and threads I would normally label you as a member that is just here to complain and stir the pot- but this last post proves you love this sim and you are right- there is no alternative-

So- I'll give you one bit of advice, that will be priceless to you from here on out-

Some times its better to keep your mouth shut and remain a fool- then opening it and removing all doubt-

it will all work out in the end- so hurry up and wait-

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 23:23 Profile Sierra Leone

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

Unicorn01,

thank you for answering it the right way, ive never been in basic, but i have family members who have been and who have seen me play this game and they claim its pretty auth on the training and some the teamwork.

darksmaster923,

if there is a word to describe your facts i would pick the less knowledgeable term for you but since i can not call you that, then let me point out, aa3 is not about rambo one man army even thou there is a coin for it you will not get this all the time im sure of, although some people make it fairly easy to look like there rambo becuase they may be using something illegal or changed something in there ini file to make them leet, belive me i got the same tweaks as the guide and have a pretty descent pc as well like others and i cant just simply run and gun people down although when i do get into fire fights and i most likly get injured or down for being cap the other guy isnt going to be running off to far himself as he is most likly bleeeding just as much..

im just not sure what else to say when you try to teach knowledge to some people that think they know it all, i know what i can do thou, just stop giving my side of things as it seems every one i come across is a crictic ill just play the game and be silence forever xD so no harm no foul later all my final pOst in AA3 forum

like this right?
http://www.theeter.com/eye (MOD EDIT - Please use Theeter for videos from YouTube to avoid TOS Violations)

no run and gun or ramboing at all.

Ambur

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 03:15 Profile

To mutch reading. But about realistic. You said that AA3 isent realistic and arma is!?
Please look yourself up of the sky and look behind you iven you not turn your head!
This was strat of your video. And this should be realistic?

zivi7

Recruit

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 05:38 Profile

bulbman wrote:

join a realism clan, and have fun. Here's a video of some clan gameplay in a realism unit

There you have it - it depends on the people playing the game. I don't know anything about ARMA but in the video it looks as if they might as well have stayed in the Humvees and drove to those first enemies directly to attack them - which is what the "rambos" in AA3 do on foot.

You could do the same slow and careful approach shown in the video in AA3, too - but only with people who agree to do so. In other words, it's never going to happen on a public server where for example many people don't even stick to the Assault/Defense-roles.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 18 Mar 2011 09:24 Profile Satellite Provider

ArmA or PR are games that must necessarily be played as a team, it has no place for Rambo's.
These games are realistic simulators, to enjoy these games we must have the Army Spirit within us. These games are as close to reality as much as we can get. Rambo's in these games have a short life and in consequence the game becomes boring for them.

Now speaking of AA3, the traditional AA3 player hates these realistic simulators, he finds in COD or BC2 what he would have on AA3, this happens because AA3 is closest to an arcade than a realistic simulator. Joking, we can say that the AA3 has the wrong player base, but them have no guilt, AA3 is like that encourages this type of game play after all in AA3 Rambo or Dancer has a higher success rate than tactical player, that attracts this type of players.

AA3 is realistic in regard to training, gear, weapons and mos (wish i had these on PR), in the gameplay AA3 is nothing more than a arcade like COD or something similar. Dev's has put together the realism of the Army with arcade game style even copied some features of those arcade.

I can only say that, if dev's did so was because someone told them or else they have made ​​a terrible mistake.

Better Realism Alternative 

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: