Page Jump        Next Page »  

Devs: Mission Failed 

x-spades-x

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 11:05 Profile

Republik wrote:

x-spades-x wrote:

To say that this game is in a baby stage is crap.According to
Wanna see a game that truly shows you how a gaming family should be?

Check out www.realitymod.com and see for yourself.

Again.. check out www.realitymod.com and see how a game SHOULD be taken care of.

Both ArmA and ArmA2 have had its fair share of criticism. Both still have bugs, performance issues and still run on outdated engines. So the last thing you should be doing is criticizing other games for issues they might have. And do not ever state that either game is taken care of appropriately.

Why don't you pay attention to what you're speaking of.

#1 I didn't say anything about the engine, all I stated is that the aa3 game is not taken care of. 4 years in the making and there is nothing to show for it

#2 Project Reality is BF2 mod.. that is.. Battlefield 2.. a game which came out in 2005 on an older engine. The graphics are not to die for and the engine isn't brand new... however the gameplay and the DEV's make the game something amazing.

#3 I said NOTHING about ARMA or ARMA2.. in fact, even tho I own those games, I rarely play them and find them quite boring, slow and buggy.

#4 Before you try and tell me what I am saying or that I am wrong... read my post, look at my links, and do some research as to what I am telling you.

#5 Project Reality IS taken care of by an outstanding team of developers who are on their forums DAILY, releasing new information Weekly/Monthly with all kinds of NEW content, Bug fixes, Gameplay Fixes... not to mention the amount of server side hotfixes that have been put out to fix smaller issues. People put up suggestions for the game every day and the DEV's answer them, within hours with remarks about the suggestions, helping with bugs, everything. It is what you expect out of a team but you don't get. Look into it and maybe you will see. Last night we played a 3 hour test session to see how the game reacts to 128 people in a single server, and IT WORKS. Because people are behind the game.... MAKING it work.

Thanks

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 17:14 Profile

x-spades-x wrote:

Republik wrote:

x-spades-x wrote:

To say that this game is in a baby stage is crap.According to
Wanna see a game that truly shows you how a gaming family should be?

Check out www.realitymod.com and see for yourself.

Again.. check out www.realitymod.com and see how a game SHOULD be taken care of.

Both ArmA and ArmA2 have had its fair share of criticism. Both still have bugs, performance issues and still run on outdated engines. So the last thing you should be doing is criticizing other games for issues they might have. And do not ever state that either game is taken care of appropriately.

Why don't you pay attention to what you're speaking of.

#1 I didn't say anything about the engine, all I stated is that the aa3 game is not taken care of. 4 years in the making and there is nothing to show for it

#2 Project Reality is BF2 mod.. that is.. Battlefield 2.. a game which came out in 2005 on an older engine. The graphics are not to die for and the engine isn't brand new... however the gameplay and the DEV's make the game something amazing.

#3 I said NOTHING about ARMA or ARMA2.. in fact, even tho I own those games, I rarely play them and find them quite boring, slow and buggy.

#4 Before you try and tell me what I am saying or that I am wrong... read my post, look at my links, and do some research as to what I am telling you.

#5 Project Reality IS taken care of by an outstanding team of developers who are on their forums DAILY, releasing new information Weekly/Monthly with all kinds of NEW content, Bug fixes, Gameplay Fixes... not to mention the amount of server side hotfixes that have been put out to fix smaller issues. People put up suggestions for the game every day and the DEV's answer them, within hours with remarks about the suggestions, helping with bugs, everything. It is what you expect out of a team but you don't get. Look into it and maybe you will see. Last night we played a 3 hour test session to see how the game reacts to 128 people in a single server, and IT WORKS. Because people are behind the game.... MAKING it work.

Thanks

?? 4 years in the making of, making of what may i ask aa3 has barly been out for two years so where do you get 4 or am i mis-understanding what your saying.

and for the record i want to add ever game has crictics, and every game on the market even today and always in the past and far far in the future will have bugs, there isnt a game on the market with a bug, yes ps3 and xbox 360 can patch it up like a lil white line but so can aa3 games are more prone to getting online updates like a pc version game now of days so with that said its always being updated contect on all platforms. secondly i would like to say even thou one fix fix's something does not mean it will be all fine and grand it can cause another issue etc it just happens so welcome to the world of programming if you think you can do better by all means put up or shut up! and this is not directed to poster above that goes with everyone that does know anything about games period or coding or engines etc unless you have actually tired it then dont knock it is more or less what im saying

I Do apolgies to the poster im commenting on im not being rude but when making post its good to have evidence of what your breaking your point to be although i can understand some of what your speaking about cept that one lil bit and alot of others who seem to think they know everything about everything, im sorry but the Devs have my vote 110% old and New its not easy making a game im learning more and more each day as im designing a current map in progress atm its not easy by anymeans and it takes alot of countless work and hours to make sure this does what its suppose to do i dont like how that is can you change it to this instead etc this the poutput i have been learning its deffinetly a diffrent expreince when your a devolper and people want more demands each day i heart those guys for putting up with so much stuff

[VMA]-brnemo

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 17:48 Profile

"?? 4 years in the making of, making of what may i ask aa3 has barly been out for two years so where do you get 4 or am i mis-understanding what your saying."

You think that one day the Devs waved a magic wand and the next day AA3 was here? You don't understand they needed time to develope and test this version before it was released? How long do you think that took? Maybe the DEV's could answer when the first person started to work on this version. You may find it is more than four years ago.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 17:57 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

and for the record i want to add ever game has crictics, and every game on the market even today and always in the past and far far in the future will have bugs, there isnt a game on the market with a bug,

i see your point bud.
all the games and/or software applications have bugs thats a normal situation due to many different environments where they operate. anyway in these applications the bug are always the exception.
when we have applications where the bug is the rule we have a problem. when this problem is indefinitely prolonged with no expectation of being resolved then we have a big problem.
in the latter situation only two alternatives left to users, stop using the application or claim for reparation.
which you think better of the two alternatives?

x-spades-x

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 18:50 Profile

Yes, games take a long time to create, and seeing that they released the game 2 years ago, and have not been able to create one single map or new feature... you tell me how long it took to make what it came with... 2 years is giving them some time...

And everything comes with problems... but no reason to see the same bugs now, that were here 2 years ago. Especially when nothing new has been added.

And I am attending school for this at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh: Online along with my day to day Army job. So hopefully I can do my part... point is, the DEV's in charge, already been to school for this.. they should understand how to fix something on the same engine you use IN school.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 04:06 Profile

x-spades-x,

ok i see this is going to be a debate. so here goes........

fristly the other devs were fire piror for the release.... its not been 2 yeears yet till it hits july.....

second i would like to say if you were taking a place of another dev althoughyou have all these expriince of engine maya coding what ever, you do have to realize you have to go back and look at everything
this includes codes triggers what ever... you have to look into kismit etc. that takes a long time as a process....

third there isnt very many devs that is on this project there project team is small with maybe 5 6 devs if im not mistaken so yea this isnt a BIG ea Company or Arma2 company nothing like COD from Activision or Blizzard its goverment Funded the end...

so in short it will take them a min, sure no new maps no new mos but hey if you have to go back yourself and do alot of work to fix it to make it stable as it is now wouldnt you be proud of your work, i guess not sence thats all people do is complain and complain and complain.... lifes to short for moaning over something its just a game in the long run, which its either fun or not fun, i un0install aa2 as soon as aa3 came assuere i was done with AA2 with there so call Bunny Hoping itsand other things that made it way to unrealistic, but i guess people like to jump , i dare you try it in rl life when your getting shot at in rl and see how far it gets you .

End of point. thats why you cant compare this game to COD , MOH, Arma2 , BattileField Bad COmapany etc those games are fun to play so dont get me wrong i love playing them too but if i want realistic game play i choose army 3 not the others and sorry Arma2 is Auth some what but it hasnt won me over like AA has, and the other thing is arma2 is a pain to learn all there controls and i like that you can fly and stuff and even par jump thats cool as well but its not Americas Army and thats why i still choose to play it, Devs Fail maybe so, but at least the new ones have yet to give up either give them credit or just quit your choice i guess

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 07:19 Profile Canada

yeah reading some arguments and Im still with Spades on this.. Im tired and done making excuses and Im actually very surprised some of you still are.. man the things you can do in life in 2 yrs.. but you cant improve a damn video game? .. whatever

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 07:45 Profile United States

I remember Kotern indicating that he was working late days and we know that he is a lead designer for maps, so at least I would think you can expect a new map or two, not that does us any justice, but hey it's SOMETHING to look forward to.

Embedded Image

tuspika

Recruit

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 08:15 Profile

AA3 will die with training slots locked. It has no active development .

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 09:42 Profile Canada

I dont think AA3 will die and yes there is much speculation that maps are coming.. the problem I have is the current time frame at which things are getting done.

All the regular players are bored at this moment.. a couple new maps will help as long as theyre worth playing.. if so that will give the devs some breathing room for sure..

SurviockAA3

Recruit

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 11:56 Profile Netherlands

tuspika wrote:

AA3 will die with training slots locked. It has no active development .

And locked means not developed yet, even Tier 2&3 were locked because it's still the beginning. I almost thought when I play AA3 on beginning that there were plenty trainings to do, I was wrong. Just. Basic. Training.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 18:08 Profile

SurviockAA3,

omg guys srly, dolba i can expect you to speak up on the issue, nothing to say but the point i will not agree with spade, and im not sure since it hasnt been 2 years to be exact to date yet.... enough said

SurviockAA3,

if you ever played aa2 they had a seris of of training that would appear in a time frame aa3 is taking that same path we dont get all the goodies all at once and i would perfer not tooget them all at once the reason is its new content something new to do for your account soliders etc.

im done ranting on this topic further i shouldnt even speak my mind or my 2cents im suppose to be retired from this forum i think i will take my leave now later guys

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 18:51 Profile United States

Oh my God, two years with nothing new except for foggy maps. Wow why do I even support it?! The game will not die we know, but this is such a lack of respect with the people who play it i can't even believe i have been playing it since July 2009

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 19:21 Profile United Kingdom

dgodfather wrote:

I remember Kotern indicating that he was working late days and we know that he is a lead designer for maps, so at least I would think you can expect a new map or two, not that does us any justice, but hey it's SOMETHING to look forward to.

Embedded Image

I have supported my local soccer team since I was a young child, even though they sucked up until a few years ago, now they find themselves in the English Premier League mixing it up with the big boys.

Moral of the story is - All good things come to those who (can) wait.... a little longer

Embedded Image

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Mar 2011 19:49 Profile Satellite Provider

we are here to slaughter the dev's and they most likely do not have any guilt. they are following orders from someone. surely they'll be doing the best they can under the conditions and knowledge that they have. if they do not communicate with us is because someone will not allow them to. this game belongs to the Army and we know that sometimes the things that seem simple to us are very complicated to them. rules and stuff like that. the best thing to do is get used to and let them decide what they want for this game. on my part already left to contribute financially to and do not play again in these conditions. i'm still in this forum because people are cool and if things improve i will come back with satisfaction to this great game. each one will found surely interesting things to do also massacring the poor dev's does not take us anywhere. do not get upset enjoy life when you can.

Embedded Image

Devs: Mission Failed 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: