Deploy/AMW Features
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Devs: Mission Failed 

[VMA]-brnemo

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 10:03 Profile

“… I will make a post in a year or 2 when all the bugs and problems in AA3 are gone.”

LOL... In your dreams

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 13:03 Profile Norway

some bugs you can't really remove without rewriting ALOT of code.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 13:09 Profile Sierra Leone

Grawr]RH[ wrote:

-cough- -cough-......AA 2.8.5 something isn't it? I don't know....never played aa2.... but point is. that is a whoppin 85 patches or so? .

someones never looked at the changelog before

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 13:31 Profile Canada

"I'm an AA fan but if they just stopped giving in to bad players demands the game would be a lot better."
-cap!tal1sm.. said that earlier and what a statement that is and i agree with it 1000% quit listening to the people complaining about movement and recoil and bullcrap and more to the people complaining about lag and bugs maybe you will get somewhere...P.S bullets coming out of a gun that is straight and level and not moving and coming out of the barrel at a 45 degree angle just looks and is stupid...GO BACK TO AA2 WAY OF AIMING AND RECOIL.............................

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

Grawr]RH[

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 15:48 Profile

i agree with wonks =) and as I said....i am not into aa2 lol why would i read the changelog? AA3 FO LIFE! ...or at least till aa4 comes out

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 18:37 Profile United States

Grawr]RH[ wrote:

i agree with wonks =) and as I said....i am not into aa2 lol why would i read the changelog? AA3 FO LIFE! ...or at least till aa4 comes out

Because it didn't take 85 updates.

The version history:
Between 1.0 and 2.8.5, there were 27 updates. 2.0 is actually what we refer to as AA2, but is actually the 11th update to 1.0.

2.8.5 is a bit of an improvement from 2.8 because of more content. Players get to work with the ES2 system that goes with the BFT (AA3 is a slight evolved version of BFT without ES2 system). The reason they added ES2 is because of the IED training we get. We'll flag IEDs, for a couple maps for it, including one with AI. The gameplay is a bit more dynamic, and sometimes the objectives change as you go - especially the location of said objectives.

AA3 is still a baby, and there's a different team now. Same steps, maybe done a little faster.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 18:49 Profile Satellite Provider

Grawr]RH[ wrote:

That sound a bit weird or contradictory

world-

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 20:31 Profile

As long as it's fun who cares how realistic it is. 2 words...

Boot camp..

AA2 FTW- AA3 BAD

Grawr]RH[

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 21:10 Profile

"AA3 is still a baby, and there's a different team now. Same steps, maybe done a little faster." -Lilith

That is exactly what im trying to say. stop rushing the game. It will get there eventually just give it time and enjoy all the bugs while you can. Trust me.....there was a time when aa3 let you move a bit faster. and lean while you were prone. Oh the stuff i miss.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 22:28 Profile Canada

Grawr]RH[ wrote:

"AA3 is still a baby, and there's a different team now. Same steps, maybe done a little faster." -Lilith

That is exactly what im trying to say. stop rushing the game. It will get there eventually just give it time and enjoy all the bugs while you can. Trust me.....there was a time when aa3 let you move a bit faster. and lean while you were prone. Oh the stuff i miss.

No that time has come and gone.. its been 2 yrs !!! AA1 had 10x the stuff this game has after 2 yrs go back and read the history.. within the first two years AA1 had tons of maps and guns and ran pretty damn good.. this game is NO WHERE near that yet.. this is BS !! just tired of waiting and this [TOS Violation] poor project

x-spades-x

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 22:39 Profile

To say that this game is in a baby stage is crap.According to steam this was released Jun 17, 2009, now it is March 20 2011. Around 2 years and how many maps have been added, weapons, hell the second tier of training and medic training STILL say "coming soon"... and where are the DEV's to answer on all of this. Above all of that, the playability still hasn't been mastered within two years? after how long the original development lasted along with beta testing?

This game has failed.. failed hard, and no one is picking it up or saving it.

After being part of a gaming community and playing a MOD that the DEV's TRULY take your feedback and turn it in to reality... this is pure crap.

The DEV's at Project Reality are on their forums daily, taking players suggestions, researching them, and adding them to the mod... and this ISNT EVEN THEIR JOB, IT is a hobby. Now why can't that happen here....

Wanna see a game that truly shows you how a gaming family should be?

Check out www.realitymod.com and see for yourself.

And please dont expect big numbers... There are only a few thousand players a day.. however, it is active and ever evolving unlike here... I am far from a BC2 or MW2 fanboy.. I hate those games... I miss AA2 and the DEV's that took care of it... It is a shame that guy's like Ace got fired after the release.

Again.. check out www.realitymod.com and see how a game SHOULD be taken care of.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 08:44 Profile Satellite Provider

x-spades-x wrote:

To say that this game is in a baby stage is crap.According to steam this was released Jun 17, 2009, now it is March 20 2011. Around 2 years and how many maps have been added, weapons, hell the second tier of training and medic training STILL say "coming soon"... and where are the DEV's to answer on all of this. Above all of that, the playability still hasn't been mastered within two years? after how long the original development lasted along with beta testing?

This game has failed.. failed hard, and no one is picking it up or saving it.

After being part of a gaming community and playing a MOD that the DEV's TRULY take your feedback and turn it in to reality... this is pure crap.

The DEV's at Project Reality are on their forums daily, taking players suggestions, researching them, and adding them to the mod... and this ISNT EVEN THEIR JOB, IT is a hobby. Now why can't that happen here....

And please dont expect big numbers... There are only a few thousand players a day.. however, it is active and ever evolving unlike here... I am far from a BC2 or MW2 fanboy.. I hate those games... I miss AA2 and the DEV's that took care of it... It is a shame that guy's like Ace got fired after the release.

Again.. check out www.realitymod.com and see how a game SHOULD be taken care of.

Agree with everything you said.
Also for those interested there is a feedback about AA3 (3 pages only???)
http://www.realitymod.com/foru...sm.html

[VMA]-brnemo

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 09:45 Profile

In response to the “ AA3 is still a baby…”
Sounds like you need a history lesson. If AA3 was the very first version of AA then maybe people would believe you. Recon came out in July of 2002. The game evolved over time into a great game until almost 5 years ago when 2.7 was released and the player started to drop off. Then 2.8 came out and more players left. And the six more updates on 2.8 all lost players. In the mean time the DEVS were telling us of this great new version coming out that would revolutionize the game. After a more than a year of the hype of the new version was released and it was a major disappointment and the number of players fell to an all time low. Do I even need to mention the great Deploy client?
This AA3 has been out for 2 years and was in development for at least that long as well. They also had a great game to base it off from with the AA2. So please don’t insult us by telling us this game is a baby. It is great you make excuses for the DEVS and I am sure they appreciate that. But this AA3 is at least 4 years old since it was “on the drawing board”. When 2.7 was released back in sept of 2006 the major complaint was game play or lag. Yet they build a whole new version with guess what, even more lag.
If there were no previous version then we may buy into you argument. But as there was a great version prior to AA3 to base this game on you could at least stop with the mis-communications and admit there is a major problem.
As they say you are either part of the solution or you are part of the problem. And as AA3 is in its current state is a problem and all you are doing is supporting the problem.
And if you really want to help out the greater AA community use you influence to try to get the DEVs to make some improvements that will get players to return. Anything less than that is a Fail!

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 10:50 Profile Canada

[VMA]-brnemo wrote:

. But this AA3 is at least 4 years old since it was “on the drawing board”

He speaks the truth.. and its about damn time for some results not excuses.. there are many hardcore fans and speaking for 90% of us.. we feel like Evil or Very Mad towards this game

Republik

Recruit

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 11:00 Profile Australia

x-spades-x wrote:

To say that this game is in a baby stage is crap.According to

Both ArmA and ArmA2 have had its fair share of criticism. Both still have bugs, performance issues and still run on outdated engines. So the last thing you should be doing is criticizing other games for issues they might have. And do not ever state that either game is taken care of appropriately.

Devs: Mission Failed 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: