HOT TOPICS  

Come Back Stories..
AA3 & NASCAR
AA3 Easter Egg's
Community Sites
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

can u give us hints for what will be in the new map? 

frankof

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 13:54 Profile Norway

greeneyes wrote:

whiskey_poppa wrote:

To answer your questions Green and IKDOBA, we simply asked the right people really nicely and asked them to run it up the chain of command in the interest of the game itself. We, -=NoBS=- are big supporters of this game

and beta testers, now I'm just wondering who broke NDA.

I know the answer to this one, nobody!
Its a legit pic. sanctioned by "the higher up's"

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 14:02 Profile United Kingdom

whiskey_poppa wrote:

WE WELCOME EVERYONE - REGARDLESS OF YOUR CLAN OR ALLEGIANCE - TO DOWNLOAD AND ENJOY THE AA3 [DEV] ATHENA INTERVIEW AND ALL OF OUR OTHER CONTENT>>>>>>>>> THE DOWNLOAD IS FREE AND WE HOPE YOU ENJOY THE MAGAZINE

Hi, since this topic is probably gonna be the subject of debate and discussion it may be beneficial if you make an entirely new Topic to advertise your AA3 magazine... just an idea Smile

Great read BTW, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank You Smile

Embedded Image

Last edited by Bozy on 31 Mar 2011 14:03; edited 1 time in total
-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 15:20 Profile

Kort_Lontje wrote:

And why wasn't it (this picture I mean) -at least simultaneously- released on this forum also? And how about Box, or your Cervo Hunting grounds server? Not yet sanctioned by the higher ups, I presume? Only for the friends of friends incrowd? Another magazine perhaps, after all; why inform those people keeping your bug ridden, obscenely outdated and forsaken by most, game alive anyhow?

Why should the picture be released simultaneously? It is released and out there for anyone along with an actual interview with Dev Athena with questions that we asked that we thought might be of interest to those that play the game. It gives a little more insight of what is going on behind the scenes and what future plans are out there for AA3. Now again, has anyone ever thought of just asking? We did. We asked and extremely grateful to be granted the interview along with the image of Stronghold. Our members have questions about the game and where it is going, just like others that play the game. And since we publish a quarterly magazine anyway, we thought, why not ask for an interview and share that information with the AA3 Community.

I do not think "we" have not or ever have been considered the "incrowd". -=NoBS=- as a clan has Beta testers like other clans (I think 1118 at last count). We have the #1 AA3 server since AA3 has come out. We have been behind AA3 (and AA2 where our server ranked #1 in Hospital, then Extraction, and finally Urban Assault) and work hard at keeping our servers (Alley is #3) free from as many problems as possible. So, we are a part of "those people keeping" the game alive. Our stats show how hard we work.
Quote:

Let's just ignore those last diehards left, whom are paying (in our case at least) over € 240,= a month for their own box (like us) since the game isn't playable on an ordinary rented server, due to your highly competent programming. in dx9 (for those born after 1900, this was in the renaissance era)

You shameless self absorbed no goods!

Hmmm last I looked, we have always run our own server box. No sharing slots with anyone. The entire box is ours. As for diehards, there are a lot of them out there running servers and playing the game, -=NoBS=- is a part of those "diehards".

Again, we asked and are grateful to get the interview and a sneak peek at Stronghold. It is sad that with this information out there that there is such animosity as this. This information is free to anyone at our -=NoBS=-Clan Forum website . We thought that bringing this information to the AA Community would show that all those involved with AA3 are thinking about the game and working hard to make it better. Sharing this information with the "diehards" and others is something that I would think is a good idea, no matter who brought it.

Last edited by -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I on 31 Mar 2011 17:15; edited 1 time in total
Kort_Lontje

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 15:27 Profile Netherlands

We got 23+ members, 7 servers (of which now 4 inactive) not a chance if you haven't got connections. Makes one think there's maybe something to hide? I cannot think of a reason why you wouldn't want the broadest spectrum of feedback (multiple configs on multiple platforms, combined with numerous combinations of alternative software and drivers) to be delivered to enable progress.

Not unless progress through feedback and constructive critisism isn't really what your looking for. It's just time you need lots of it at that.

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 15:44 Profile Hungary

When i read the article, i knew there'll be a lot of complaints but I did not expect this kind.
Whats your problem, really? Yes, Im jealous as well, seeing the Nobs betas, but if what you're saying (suggesting) is true, they could have just discussed all these "inside" informations on teamspeak. Instead they've asked for an interview and they succeed, so at least some information gone public.

I really cant understand why are you blaming and flaming NOBS. Yes i would be happier if we get these infos on this forum, but if you're around the project for a while, you know how things going.

So thanks guys.

Last edited by blint on 31 Mar 2011 15:45; edited 1 time in total
MajorWinters

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 15:51 Profile Belgium

Can we please stay on topic and keep it friendly?

There was absolutely no intend to upset anyone and I do believe we've had more develeoper interaction with the community in the past few months. It's a fact that they weren't able to deliver much concrete news on the next update, but hey this might just be the beginning ... ?

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

MajorWinters

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:29 Profile Belgium

This is the last time I am going to say it. Keep the replies friendly and constructive.

MajorWinters

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:50 Profile Belgium

How well their servers perform or how many of their members are part of the beta team, are absolutely not important by all means.

And just for the records, even if 15 clan members are beta testers, that's still a quite low percentage overall. The beta team is made up of many different people, some part of a clan and some who are not.

Now can we please get back on topic and keep it nice and friendly?

quarian

Recruit

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:53 Profile

Back on topic? Okay.

The new map looks way too much like bridge. I was hoping for something new, alas Sad

Kort_Lontje

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 17:00 Profile Netherlands

I would like to compare this map with box, any chance for a screenshot? Just for comparison's sake?

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:09 Profile United States

I'll apologize in advance if a constructive post was removed. It was difficult to separate from the chaff.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:16 Profile Canada

Lets forget the whole clan thing and beta thing.. yes Im dissapointed such news was released first to a clan rather than the Official forums of AA3.. but lets get past that now..

personally im happy to see screen shots.. doesnt matter how they come.. Id love to see more at this point doesnt matter if its on some hidden korean website.

As far as the map looking like bridge lol where do you see that.. cause for a map to look like bridge it needs a bridge Very Happy

I think its got potential, quite detailed has its open spots and hiding spots between housing and such.. looks fun and I wanna try it..

dont know this "BOX" map and where it came from.. yes Ive heard the name before but never backed up..

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:19 Profile United States

All of the buildings are Czervanian construction, stands to reason that they look similar.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:22 Profile United States

frankof wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

whiskey_poppa wrote:

To answer your questions Green and IKDOBA, we simply asked the right people really nicely and asked them to run it up the chain of command in the interest of the game itself. We, -=NoBS=- are big supporters of this game

and beta testers, now I'm just wondering who broke NDA.

I know the answer to this one, nobody!

OFC it's legit! I didn't realize myself Athena was her handle. I'm not gonna question why they gave her the 'dev' assignment, but ok.

but a big hooah on the mag, NoBS! I like the cover Wink Keep up the good work, and continue improving!

I think I already have the recipe though.

alright, that's enough side comments Smile

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:33 Profile

haha more poor PR decisions from this lot, what a surprise,

"hahahaha its funny cos its NOT a surprise, but he says its a surprize, even though he know in his brain that it isn't a surprise"

can u give us hints for what will be in the new map? 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: