AA3.0.6 Update
Updating PB Client
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

pb_sv_task 

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 02:45 Profile

Right im wondering if this can be done or if there is a way of doing it!!

Id like to set up an "automated" administrator message to come up across the screen on my server but not sure if or how it can be done.

I came up with the idea of setting up a couple of pb_sv_task commands in my pbsvuser.cfg to see if it would work.

The commands ive done are:

pb_sv_task 60 600 adminnotifyall Welcome to Rebel Gamers...F12 for scrolling rules or visit www.rebel-gamers.net

pb_sv_task 75 600 adminnotifyall We are recruiting...visit www.rebel-gamers.net for information and to apply for membership

Now i do realise that the adminnotifyall is really a console command more than a pb command, but surely u could run such a task automatically using pb. When ive gone on to the server ive not seen the associated admin msg's come up on screen, so probly what ive done as above may not work.

Now heres the challenge...does anyone know if it CAN be done, cos lets be honest, im sure every admin would agree it'd be a lot easier if you could come up with certain automated admin msg's rather than having to stop midway through a round and open your console just to do something like that. That way the more "repetitive" msg's can be automated for players to view on server and then we can concentrate on more specific tasks such as warnings on screen as and when it is needed.

Would appreciate all the help I can get and hope to see you on our server sometime soon.

our server is (-r3bel-) Rebel Gamers at 193.200.158.156:8777
or visit our forums are at www.rebel-gamers.net

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 04:29 Profile United States

im just taking an educated guess ive not realy had the chance to get deep into the commands but try this:
replace "adminnotifyall" with "adminsay <message>"

nice work on the pbsvuser thread in the other post i started to link you to it...lol
but it didnt answer the question then i noticed it was you...

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 04:31 Profile

which other post? sorry old age...please enlighten me a little lol

as for adminsay that will only put it in admin console whereas adminnotifyall will post the msg center screen

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 09 Mar 2011 04:39 Profile United States

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=323003

im not realy doing anything...if you want to hop onto http://irc.americasarmy.com ill work with you on it.

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 00:54 Profile

ive come up with a thought...what about using a bind? so id bind a particular one with a combo then when i use that bind the msg wud come across screen, that could replace having to type the entire command manually into the console.

so perhaps binding "adminnotifyall Welcome to Rebel Gamers" (or what ever msg i want) to a bind command may be the answer?

any thoughts chaos?

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 00:58 Profile

how about this for example:

Bind 0 adminnotifyall Welcome to Rebel Gamers
Bind 9 adminnotifyall F12 Scrolling rules or visit www.rebel-gamers.net

what u reckon?

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 01:42 Profile

GOT IT!!!

if you open up ur aa3input.ini file in ur aa3 game directory (local machine machine NOT the server obviosuly) then it CAN be done!!

Basically this is what ive done went in the server and tried it, worked perfectly!!!

Bindings=(Name="SIX",Command="adminnotifyall Welcome to Rebel Gamers",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bPrimary=True)
Bindings=(Name="Seven",Command="adminnotifyall F12 for scrolling rules or visit www.rebel-gamers.net",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bPrimary=True)

montykot

Private First Class

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 04:52 Profile Netherlands

leegreaves wrote:

how about this for example:

Bind 0 adminnotifyall Welcome to Rebel Gamers
Bind 9 adminnotifyall F12 Scrolling rules or visit www.rebel-gamers.net

what u reckon?

This is the way i do also Cool

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 08:52 Profile

[VGO]mmchaos,

have u seen my post chaos about the pb_sv_task

[VGO]mmchaos

Volunteer
Volunteer

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 10:09 Profile United States

nice...
im glad to see your getting somewhere...
the only trouble i see is you gotta be carefull on what you bind keys to.or you will mess up the controls because there are multiple binds on most keys.

leegreaves

Private

Posted: 10 Mar 2011 11:36 Profile

ive tried to make sure that any keys i use will be spare ones or keys that do have an action are ones that i really dont use the action on so can change them.

soldier_d00d

Private First Class

Posted: 12 Mar 2011 16:22 Profile

It would be nice if you could use the adminnotifyall command in a pb_sv_task so that stuff could be displayed when you aren't online, but it just doesn't seem to be possible. Sad

pb_sv_task 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: