Forums

Username:  

Password:  

       
Login Help

  LATEST POSTS  
 
America's Army Launc..
Learning BASICS of A..
can u give us hints ..
AA3 New Patch Releas..
Better Realism Alter..

Keywords:
 

More search options

  HOT TOPICS  
 
The Graphic Novel
AA3 YouTube Videos
Deploy/AMW Features
New Videos YouTube
» See more topics
  

    « Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

 Dev's said... 
 

Kort_Lontje

Private First Class
Posts: 85
Joined: 25 Feb 2010

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:19 Profile Netherlands


What is this forum's purpose then? Have you thought about that at all? I certainly do not come here for anything but NEWS on the game I used to love playing. This is why we do have communities afterall or am I missing something here?

-=SOF=-senna22

Private
Posts: 42
Joined: 26 Jul 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:36 Profile Netherlands


Well seeing im not a -=NOBS=- clan member, i have thought about that because the magazine was out this morning on the website, and i put up the link today to share this NEWS with everybody.
So its going to be read by everybody on this forum!!
We all like to hear the good news about the map and if it will be in the new update when it comes.
how would you feel if -=IFF=- put a request in for an interview and the news was being put out there on the forum first?
Its great that -=NOBS=- have done this for everybody to have a dev talking to them in this way.
I do not see the -=IFF=- clan flying to the US for an interview, so be glad for the guys that they did something for us?
And the devs are working their bud of to give us a game that can be played by everybody in this world for free.
I know that the guys who run a server pay a lot of money to get their server up and running, but for a one person its a free game with updates.

_____________________
Embedded Image

Kort_Lontje

Private First Class
Posts: 85
Joined: 25 Feb 2010

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 16:49 Profile Netherlands


-=SOF=-senna22 wrote:

Well seeing im not a -=NOBS=- clan member, i have thought about that because the magazine was out this morning on the website, and i put up the link today to share this NEWS with everybody.
So its going to be read by everybody on this forum!!
We all like to hear the good news about the map and if it will be in the new update when it comes.
how would you feel if -=IFF=- put a request in for an interview and the news was being put out there on the forum first?
Its great that -=NOBS=- have done this for everybody to have a dev talking to them in this way.
I do not see the -=IFF=- clan flying to the US for an interview, so be glad for the guys that they did something for us?
And the devs are working their bud of to give us a game that can be played by everybody in this world for free.
I know that the guys who run a server pay a lot of money to get their server up and running, but for a one person its a free game with updates.



I do not want to fly anywhere for an interview, that is why I visit this forum. I wish to be informed first hand not through a third party. I cannot do anything about the resources the dev's have or may get in the future. In fact there's little new I can tell you about anything here, but do you think the fact that the dev's do their level best (and I believe that) means we cannot have any critisizm here then? I also do not see the coherency between your three seperate statements? What is the message here? please shut up? Or are you aiming to also be invited into the inner beta circle? You know, I've given up! Try it sometimes works really inspiring.

Oh and since your obviously in a sharing mood, care to share anything else maybe? about Box or whatever? Hey I am interested in almost everything that you can apparently find anywhere but here!

greeneyes

Sergeant
Posts: 339
Joined: 04 Jan 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 17:53 Profile Satellite Provider


-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I wrote:

And greeneyes, please take down the image. You have taken it from the -=NoBS=- Magazine, where you do not have permission to display or distribute it without direct permission from the Devs at AA3.



i will not take down anything, is your obligation to share this information with all of us here in this forum, besides that I'm not interested in your forum. i took the image from this forum.
if any moderator wants to remove it fine with me or else will die there.

_____________________

Embedded Image

m_hermann

Admin
Admin
Posts: 30366
Joined: 02 Aug 2004

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:13 Profile United States


We won't be removing the picture.

_____________________
Embedded Image

-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

Recruit
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 Mar 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:20 Profile


I think that everyone is trying the kill the messenger and not appreciate the message.
greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine. You know it and so do I. Kort, you too seem to miss the message and really refuse to even want to read it. For what reason?

I am happy hearing any news from any source if it is informative and what I am interested in. But that is me.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:20 Profile Canada


Kort_Lontje wrote:

Sigh, it is not about NoBS and it's not about your magazine! It is about the plain and simple fact we all want to be treated equal, we all want to be informed because we feel we've got a right to be informed just as anybody else does.

We do not want to have to read important news in any magazine, but in this forum first! Is that so hard to understand? We do not want to be informed by you, your magazine or anybody else for that matter but by the dev's in OUR community not yours.



exactly this.. its not about what clan or how dedicated you are to the game... everyone has their story and all the die hards have been playing a long long time..

as mentioned about.. these are Official new map pics, that should have been first seen on the Official server of AA3.. makes sense to me.. I am glad I seen them and want to see more

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 18:23 Profile Canada


-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I wrote:

I think that everyone is trying the kill the messenger and not appreciate the message.
greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine. You know it and so do I. Kort, you too seem to miss the message and really refuse to even want to read it. For what reason?

I am happy hearing any news from any source if it is informative and what I am interested in. But that is me.



weve been pleading for info for MONTHS !!! everyday !! here on AA forums.. we get nothing in return except some crap message "done when its done" then this.. its simply a kick in the bum to some of us .. some of us been here a long time and as good as the news is.. it was a mistake by the Devs how the news was released.. nothing against NOBS or their magazine.. im more angry with our Devs.

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class
Posts: 139
Joined: 15 Sep 2010

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 19:06 Profile


To -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

"greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine."

NO that image is from a upcoming (hopefully before the end of time) patch of a game, that you do not own in any way shape or form,


Leave the image up for AA3 community. ON THE AA3 COMMUNITY OFFICIAL FORUM. Very poor decision to leak (through whatever chain of command) an image, that the whole community wants to see to SPECIFIC clan to use in there own magazine.

How much money did NOBS get from Logitec 2 pages of advertising the magazine. Are logitec associated with AA3 ?

Thanks for making is available to the whole community though, not just a favoured few.

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team
Posts: 1548
Joined: 05 Jun 2002

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 19:15 Profile United States


Folks,

This is not the first time we have given a group an exclusive. In fact this has occurred many times in the past. veteran players will recall it was not too long ago that the community learned nothing about an upcoming version or map until the version or map was publicly released.

Now, since the months leading up to the release of 3.0, we are getting screenshots, videos and descriptive content long before the product is released. I for one am happy to see these previews, it doesn't matter to me through which venue they are released. And what's the difference anyway? 5 minutes after they go public, someone will post the info here anyway!

Let's just enjoy the previews as we receive them, strike up some great dialogue about what's coming up, and keep our fighting on the battlefield.

Keep on the look out for more previews!

_____________________
Embedded Image

whiskey_poppa

Recruit
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Jan 2010

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 19:20 Profile


Just for the Record

The -=NoBS=- Quarterly has received ABSOLUTELY NO FUNDING from anyone. The magazine was produced free of charge in the offices of -=NoBS=- members by volunteers.

No Money - No Presents - No Favors - No Gifts - No Kickbacks

ABSOLUTELY FREE FROM ANY FUNDING AND/OR INFLUENCE......

Any products mentioned were products that were deemed new, cool and interesting to our potential readers.

-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

Recruit
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 Mar 2011

      Posted: 31 Mar 2011 19:42 Profile


=BFM=generalmalaise wrote:

To -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

"greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine."

NO that image is from a upcoming (hopefully before the end of time) patch of a game, that you do not own in any way shape or form,


Leave the image up for AA3 community. ON THE AA3 COMMUNITY OFFICIAL FORUM. Very poor decision to leak (through whatever chain of command) an image, that the whole community wants to see to SPECIFIC clan to use in there own magazine.

How much money did NOBS get from Logitec 2 pages of advertising the magazine. Are logitec associated with AA3 ?

Thanks for making is available to the whole community though, not just a favoured few.



The image was reproduced from OUR magazine WITHOUT our permission. If you further read, I said ask for permission from AA or us. But it is not worth getting in a pissing contest over such small matters.
Too many egos and unnecessary posturing to get further involved in this. Glad you enjoyed the article.

-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I

Recruit
Posts: 12
Joined: 31 Mar 2011

      Posted: 01 Apr 2011 05:16 Profile


=IK=Doba= wrote:

-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I wrote:

I think that everyone is trying the kill the messenger and not appreciate the message.
greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine. You know it and so do I. Kort, you too seem to miss the message and really refuse to even want to read it. For what reason?

I am happy hearing any news from any source if it is informative and what I am interested in. But that is me.



weve been pleading for info for MONTHS !!! everyday !! here on AA forums.. we get nothing in return except some crap message "done when its done" then this.. its simply a kick in the bum to some of us .. some of us been here a long time and as good as the news is.. it was a mistake by the Devs how the news was released.. nothing against NOBS or their magazine.. im more angry with our Devs.



I can understand the frustration. I have played AA since 2004. We all have "horror" stories we can talk about. But since the article has come out, the anger that has been tossed in -=NoBS=- direction is just plain wrong.
AA2 was "done when it is done". Now, maybe, just maybe, there is a turn in what might happen in the line of communication. We have become an "instant" society. Microwave everything and do not wait for anything. If we stand in line more than a minute, complaining starts about how much longer.
"We" went through great lengths to get this information that we thought would be great information for our Clan and anyone else. But this has turned into a witch hunt against us and Devs, who might be startng to open up a little more.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class
Posts: 1164
Joined: 03 Nov 2009

      Posted: 01 Apr 2011 07:31 Profile Canada


-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I wrote:

I think that everyone is trying the kill the messenger and not appreciate the message.
greeneyes, the image you displayed IS from our magazine. You know it and so do I. Kort, you too seem to miss the message and really refuse to even want to read it. For what reason?

I am happy hearing any news from any source if it is informative and what I am interested in. But that is me.



weve been pleading for info for MONTHS !!! everyday !! here on AA forums.. we get nothing in return except some crap message "done when its done" then this.. its simply a kick in the bum to some of us .. some of us been here a long time and as good as the news is.. it was a mistake by the Devs how the news was released.. nothing against NOBS or their magazine.. im more angry with our Devs.



I can understand the frustration. I have played AA since 2004. We all have "horror" stories we can talk about. But since the article has come out, the anger that has been tossed in -=NoBS=- direction is just plain wrong.
AA2 was "done when it is done". Now, maybe, just maybe, there is a turn in what might happen in the line of communication. We have become an "instant" society. Microwave everything and do not wait for anything. If we stand in line more than a minute, complaining starts about how much longer.
"We" went through great lengths to get this information that we thought would be great information for our Clan and anyone else. But this has turned into a witch hunt against us and Devs, who might be startng to open up a little more.



All the shots against =NOBS= have been because of other reasons beside the article.. no one is bashing your magazine or upset with it.. people are upset becuase any info regarding the game should first be shown here, it only makes sense.. here where we ask for news regarding the game everyday... hence the frustration against the devs when we realize someone else got the news first

this is the Official forums =NOBS= is just one of many clans who support this game.. some people possibly think becuase you guys have 15 beta testers that some favouritism was shown..

the Devs arent opening up to nothing.. at least not on this forum.. we cant get a peep out of them

[VMA]-brnemo

Private First Class
Posts: 212
Joined: 01 Feb 2008

      Posted: 01 Apr 2011 08:19 Profile


..."the anger that has been tossed in -=NoBS=- direction is just plain wrong"

Well maybe if you would listen to the overwhelming majority and tell it like it is. You -=NoBS= are so far in the minority on this game yet you keep running your mouth on how great this game is. Maybe if you guys would quit lying to the DEVS you could actually help the rest of us get them to improve the game! If this game was as great as you guys say then where are all the players? You can get [TOS Violation] at me all you want for saying but facts are facts. Look at the stats over the last 4 years. You can’t argue with those facts. And you can stop with the BS that this game is less than 2 years old. Yes the public has been playing this for less than 2 years we all know that but how long do you think they had this in development and in beta testing before it was released? You think they sat around one day and said I have an idea and presto… the game was released? If you had been around when the DEVS were “killing” AA2 with their updates you would have heard of the hype of AA3. And how we just needed to be patient for its release and how it was going to be the “greatest” game ever. Well we waited and waited and it was released and we were very disappointed. It was and is not even close to a great game. (check the player stats) The concept of team play and training are its strong points but until the game play is improved it will be a fail. And all you are going to get when you defend this game and say it is the greatest game is “anger” towards you.


 Dev's said... 
 

    « Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

  

  This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: