AA3 On Facebook!
AA3.0.6 Update
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

So AA 2.5 is virtually deserted? :( 

-OOPSIE-

First Sergeant

Posted: 05 Mar 2011 02:01 Profile

I used to play AA religiously from 2.1 to 2.4. And intermittently after that till the very last patch of the 2.x series broke compatibility with windows 2000 which was my OS at the time.

I'm on Linux now, and thought I'd give 2.5 a go. Took some time to get working but eventually I figured it out. I got online and found a total of ONE server with people on it. I thought I'd come at an off peak time, so I tried again today, and ZERO servers have people on them.

So, am I missing something, or is this game truly almost dead for Mac and Linux users? Sad

amonthedeath

Recruit

Posted: 05 Mar 2011 04:51 Profile

noone play with linux neither with mac...
then AA 2 devloping was stopped to 2.5 versioin.

Anyway aa2.8.5 (the last win version) isn't so played, but it is played!!
AA3... read this topic Very Happy http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=323305

P.s. I'm writing from Linux
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.13 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/9.0.597.107 Safari/534.13

johnnylanguage

Recruit

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 13:15 Profile

not true... most of the remaining 2.5 community uses linux. there are peak times normally between 3-7pm est. normally we fill up one or two servers. ive written this in some other forums. but the reason there arent more *nix players is they dont know the game even exist. ive run linux since 2000. i played bzflag for 6+ years and never knew about americas army.

by the way.. dont waste your time trying to get future versions to run on linux. i put weeks in it. managed to get 2.8.5 up and mostly working with wine, vmware and virtual box. came the closest with virtual box but punk buster was its ultimate demise. it is mostly playable right up until the time it kicks you for having multiple directX sessions running.

its really sad the developers dropped support for the fastest growing OS in existence. OpenGL is a good product and the Unreal Engine run on it. in my personal opinion it shows a real lack of initiative and vision for the future of personal computing.

So AA 2.5 is virtually deserted? :( 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: