Name that AA map!
Open Letter
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Custom Map won't Start? 

Komalt

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 21:59 Profile

So I made a custom CO-OP map 2 years ago, Ive played with just a few friends. So Im trying to look back at it again and maybe work on it again. While testing the map in offline mode it works fine. But to play with friends or see the bots name when I kill them I need to go on a real server. So I set up my own server on AASM on LAN Mode but when I enter and join team it says "Joining Assault next round" but the game doesnt even start and the bots aren't loaded. I suspect that the problem has something to do with the settings of my map on AA Editor... could someone help me in how to fix this?

Its basically just Pipeline with minor changes and AI Bots everywhere if that helps.

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 09:09 Profile Netherlands

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have played your map before with some friends? Then i would look at the server, or try the map on another server.

Embedded Image]

Komalt

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 17:26 Profile

Yes I have played the map before. Im thinking that perhaps there was some changes from a patch as I have never played it on 2.8.5...

It also works fine on offline mode. The server I am running is just my personal server on my computer on Americas Army Server Manager. I try to run it on Internet mode but the usual "Player Not Qualified For This Mission" comes up when I try to enter the server as it always does with custom maps. Even though Im honor level 52 and have done all the trainings. I have read before that its simply because of Authorization not recognizing a custom map.

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 17:43 Profile Netherlands

Komalt wrote:

Yes I have played the map before. Im thinking that perhaps there was some changes from a patch as I have never played it on 2.8.5...

For what version is the map designed? That may be your problem, it won't run on 2.8.5.

Komalt wrote:

I try to run it on Internet mode but the usual "Player Not Qualified For This Mission" comes up when I try to enter the server as it always does with custom maps.

We never play anything else then "Custom" Maps and the "Player not qualified" is not an usual thing you get, it only means that the Tours.ini of the server is not edited right.

good luck

Komalt

Private First Class

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 19:50 Profile

Im not sure exactly which version the map was designed for but definitely not 2.8.5 as I made this map perhaps 2 years ago. To fix this should I resave the map again? As I have not made any changes since 2 years ago.

The tours.ini technique I saw and I edited it, but what do you mean for the server? I edited the tours.ini in my Program Files/Americas Army/System folder, which I assume is just client side. I couldnt find any other tours.ini files that would be server specfic....

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 04 Mar 2011 23:18 Profile United States

tours.ini on the server

chev

Private First Class

Posted: 05 Mar 2011 09:09 Profile Netherlands

Serverside, like m_hermann says, resave the map in 2.8.5, upload it on my site and i can test it for you if you like on 1 of our 3 servers.

Good luck

Custom Map won't Start? 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: