Remember when...
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Unreal Engine 3 and UDK update to support DirectX 11 

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 19:38 Profile Satellite Provider

When I started this topic I had no aim to make any comparison, my goal was just to show the potential of this great engine. Just wanted to say that this game with the excellent and unique concept that he has, associated with this engine, could be something great in the future, with willingness and ability.

The problem lies in this horrible fact, we do not see any evolution in the development of this game, after almost two years we are as we were on day 1.

Consider this, we spent almost two years trying to show the game's main problem, only after this time that the beta and the developers admitted that they had a problem with latency/performance/ping or whatever as you want to name it, although we all knew of its existence, this issue always have been denied by the AA3 staff. If this problem had been recognized and accepted earlier would have already been repaired and we could be two or three levels above.

So my fear is, at this cruise speed, I'm afraid when the potential of this great engine begin to be explored, the game and UE3 will be quite old and outdated.
By that time, probably we already have UE4, it is planned for 2018. If now nobody wants to play this game because of problems, then nobody will play because will be old and outdated.

I guess we'll never see the potential of Unreal Engine 3 here, it's a shame because this game could have been something amazing.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 00:08 Profile

greeneyes,

you know i agree with you on some of those faccts there but i dont know if the engine will be outdated i mean you can kinda say it is udk has the ue3 in it but alot of people call it 3.5 which im not sure it is, i did however did have a payed account during the time beta was going on and did try it but im not liable to speak no further.

the thing is alot of people try to compare games when infact you can not compare any game to another every game is diffirent even COD is way diffirent to say cod 1 etc there is alot of minor issues that still arise im not really sure if its aa's end or the servers end but there is deffently something funny i agree its odd how cod or ue3 t has no issue with lag but army does im not sure maybe it will get fixed sooner or later

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 15:16 Profile

greeneyes,

sorry green i just wanted to give you a lil Evidence i happen to come accross of what i was referring to and why the Devs had choosen direct x 9 instead of 10 and 11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The next generation of Frostbite will debut with Battlefield 3. It will take full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors,[2] with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP).[3] It will also feature enhanced in-game destruction with Destruction 3.0, creating more refined physics than its predecessor.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F...ite_2.0

click on 1.3 FrostBite 2

in other words if they do maike it direct x 11 Windows XP users will be out of luck!

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 16:46 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

greeneyes,

sorry green i just wanted to give you a lil Evidence i happen to come accross of what i was referring to and why the Devs had choosen direct x 9 instead of 10 and 11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The next generation of Frostbite will debut with Battlefield 3. It will take full advantage of the DirectX 11 API and 64-bit processors,[2] with no support for DirectX 9 (nor, therefore, Windows XP).[3] It will also feature enhanced in-game destruction with Destruction 3.0, creating more refined physics than its predecessor.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F...ite_2.0

click on 1.3 FrostBite

in other words if they do maike it direct x 11 Windows XP users will be out of luck!

Kratos buddy, do not know the reason but you are missing some posts or words on this forum.
Thats what i said 2 weeks ago, please read forum before you make a post.
greeneyes wrote:

Even BF3 will come only with support for DX10 and DX11, that means DX9 graphics card wont work whit BF3. That makes sense, DX9 is old and outdated.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2979112

Anyway thanks god for that, its time to throw XP and DX9 into garbage can.

can assure that i will play bf3 much sooner than you

Embedded Image

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Mar 2011 20:24 Profile

i was just stating in general there bud xp users can not go past Direct x 9 dosent matter if they get a dx 10 or dx 11 card still will not work on xp machines tis the reson why then before 7 was even released and vista was crap and why dx 10 isnt even being used that much tis why dx 11 was made and design in the windows 7 platform all this falls in the order but that comment was brought out of the Wiki not BF3 site for Frost bite and it soley stats Direct x 11 only not 9 or 10 vid cards it means Direct x 11 Version only thats the fine point im making when games are deigned like in the unreal engine 3 with the new support of Dirext x 11 it means i can choose 9,10,11 not that hey i pick this card its dx9 ready oh this game requires dx 10 but wait im on windows xp get the hint why they are not doing it maybe in the future when the enconomy gets better this might happen where we can be able to select diffirent versions inside the main menu but if the game is soley build on dx 10 or dx 11 platforms chance are they want have that in there menu to select what version you have then it means hey it dont work there ya go buddy

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 10:50 Profile Satellite Provider

Crytek fail.

Quote:

Today is the big day for Crytek, as Crysis 2 is being released. PC gamers around the world have been waiting patiently for this moment but there is something just not right. Forget the beta and the demo that had major ‘consolified’ features. Let’s concentrate on the final PC version that is released and see how Crytek have literally doomed the PC version of Crysis 2.

For starters, the game doesn’t support DX11. Although Crytek stated that they will address that via a patch, this is not what you, me and every PC gamer out there want to. PC gamers don’t want gimmick DX11 effects. As the game is not developed with the DX11 in mind, we won’t get the tessellation results of (let’s say) the Unigine ‘Heaven’ Benchmark. We are certain that when the DX11 patch gets released, Crytek will be stating how gritty those PC gamers are for pirating their game and how disappointed they are as they did what PC gamers asked for. This is not true however.

sounds familiar?

frankof

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 11:05 Profile Norway

greeneyes, http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2979094 Wink

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 11:08 Profile Satellite Provider

thats why i said this is a fail, in fact it seems every pc game is a fail, probably they need to get developers with some knowledge about what their doing.
referred also this:
http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2980400

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 06:43 Profile Satellite Provider

Man I hope the Devs are working on AA4 right now, which would explain their optimism and the quality and scarcity of the 3.x updates.

Of course, real life can also be brutal.

Embedded Image

SilentAssassin2707

Private First Class

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 11:45 Profile

There is no reason for AA to not have amazing graphics. That's why there a graphics settings (low, medium, high, ultra). If someone has a bad a** computer then they should be able to play with the highest settings and be blown away by the graphics. If someone's computer can't handle that, then they can easily play on low and have the game run well.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 11:46 Profile

the sad news is it can be done we all know it can be done green, but the point that isnt gettng across is xp users dont get a dx 11 update they didnt even recieve a dx 10 update the last update they have is 9.0c, and belive me as i can understand alot of users on this forum are rich and can afford all the dx 111 cards and systems to perform on them, but not really the reality of it is os cost money everything cost money alot of people are not willing to spend due to fall back of america wise so most the general users are on xp still.

now say if i have a dx 11 card but i dont have a dx 11 itself would it still play dx 11 games? that is the real question to be answering, i found a site on nivida my card is dx 0, it tells me hey your card is this even thou you have dx 11 your card can not play dx 11 games, now if i had a dx 11 card and i have dx 9 (Windows XP)

would that same rule aply i think so..... just becuase you have the card everything needs to be compliant to one another for it to work properly.

anyways i belive my point has been proven even witht hte new cryis game that came out i never played 1 dont care to play 2 either although i have seen it online its so so bad that companys turn to console when a pc smokes them all, but hey i try winning that war once it didnt work out so well nice to see ya around bozy

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 12:07 Profile United Kingdom

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

anyways i belive my point has been proven even witht hte new cryis game that came out i never played 1 dont care to play 2 either although i have seen it online its so so bad that companys turn to console when a pc smokes them all, but hey i try winning that war once it didnt work out so well nice to see ya around bozy

urm?.... nice to see you around too Kratos! Cheesy Grin

I just went and got my copy of Crysis 2 for PC... hope I'm not gonna be disappointed, especially after the first one. DX9, 10 or 11, makes no difference to me, gameplay & ability to keep longevity far outweigh graphical quality, for me anyways Smile Assasins Creed - Brotherhood has had me hooked for the past few weeks.

Embedded Image

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 27 Mar 2011 18:08 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

the sad news is it can be done we all know it can be done green, but the point that isnt gettng across is xp users dont get a dx 11 update they didnt even recieve a dx 10 update the last update they have is 9.0c, and belive me as i can understand alot of users on this forum are rich and can afford all the dx 111 cards and systems to perform on them, but not really the reality of it is os cost money everything cost money alot of people are not willing to spend due to fall back of america wise so most the general users are on xp still.

now say if i have a dx 11 card but i dont have a dx 11 itself would it still play dx 11 games? that is the real question to be answering, i found a site on nivida my card is dx 0, it tells me hey your card is this even thou you have dx 11 your card can not play dx 11 games, now if i had a dx 11 card and i have dx 9 (Windows XP)

would that same rule aply i think so..... just becuase you have the card everything needs to be compliant to one another for it to work properly.

I'll repeat this for the millionth time.
a game having support for DX11 does not mean that does not have support for DX9 also.
that means all players no matter if they have XP with DX9 cards or with W7 with DX11 cards can play the same game together.
all games on the market that have support for DX11 also have support for DX10 and DX9.
all games on the market that have support for DX10 also have support for DX9.
User choose according to his preferences or computer.

my english cant be that bad

about Crytek Fail, not expect them to fail in this manner after having been pioneers with DX10 on the first Crysis (which has support for DX9 also).
but whatever, it seems everything is in decadency.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 02:57 Profile

greeneyes,

lol wow

yea see you totally missed my point on everything green its ok thou it happens everyone else seems to follow what im sayin directly, yes i know alot games have both support, but not every game on the market is DX 11, i mean look at cryis 2 with its dx 9 its on the market and does not suppoert it wonders why who knows gaming companys xD

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 15:21 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

greeneyes,

lol wow

yea see you totally missed my point on everything green its ok thou it happens everyone else seems to follow what im sayin directly, yes i know alot games have both support, but not every game on the market is DX 11, i mean look at cryis 2 with its dx 9 its on the market and does not suppoert it wonders why who knows gaming companys xD

ok, then point a valid reason to explain why a game that have support for DX11 is in disadvantage when compared to those who do not have.

Unreal Engine 3 and UDK update to support DirectX 11 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: