AA3 On Facebook!
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Unreal Engine 3 and UDK update to support DirectX 11 

DeathxxHippie

Private First Class

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 17:13 Profile

I laughed, but on the crysis dx9 subject, i think crytek is using the dx9/11 thing to their advantage to build hype around the game, i think after the leak they put sort of like a gag order on info for the pc version.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 21:37 Profile Satellite Provider

I brought here a discussion about an fresh subject, which has created great expectations in gaming community, as you can see here Google it

This subject in this forum it became an object of ridicule without even an attempt for an honest discussion about it.

Honestly do not know what leads people on this board to act this way.

Oh well, there is no argument against facts. Let it go and we will see where the road end.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 07 Mar 2011 23:01 Profile Sierra Leone

the state of the community reflects the state of the game.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 11 Mar 2011 13:04 Profile

greeneyes,

the problem isnt they need to update the old Unreqal editor 3, the truth is unreal editor gets updated almost monthly, they have been on dx 10 but still able to support 9, now the udk supports 9 10 11, now aa3 on the other hand the devs had choosen 9 for a reason becuse 10 wasnt as stable now 11 might have a chance but then you will be forcing other users that still run xp to update to windows 7 since its the only os that supports 11 becuase vista dosent and will never support 11 like 7 and on top of that xpp will not becuase its and outdated os get where its coming from it wouldnt be fair as alot of people still do not like the current version of 7

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 20:44 Profile Satellite Provider

take a look at Samaritan video.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 14 Mar 2011 23:30 Profile

sigh didnt i just stat why AA choose it who cares about what the video shows we all know it was made with Direct x 11 im letting you know why the Devs Choose it, alot of users still USE xp which means anyone who gets a game with just Direct x 11 and the game they design only has Dirext x 11 means anyone using an older os will not work becuase it will be uncampable unless im wrong about that im pretty im not

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 13:40 Profile Satellite Provider

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

sigh didnt i just stat why AA choose it who cares about what the video shows we all know it was made with Direct x 11 im letting you know why the Devs Choose it, alot of users still USE xp which means anyone who gets a game with just Direct x 11 and the game they design only has Dirext x 11 means anyone using an older os will not work becuase it will be uncampable unless im wrong about that im pretty im not

A Game.
Can be:
Directx 9, Directx 10 and Directx 11.

A Game.
Can have support for:

A Game.
Having support for Directx 9, Directx 10 and Directx 11, users can choose whatever they want.

Example number one:
Player with XP. use DX9
Example number two:
Player with Vista, use DX10 (if he has gfx for that).
Example number three:
Player with W7, use DX11 (if he has gfx for that)

Conclusion:
They are all happy playing the same game on same server.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 18:18 Profile Satellite Provider

Now back to UE3, observe this masterpiece.

http://www.batmanarkhamcity.co...in.html

Quote:

Unreal Engine 3 has received a huge injection of DirectX 11, Nvidia PhysX, APEX and 3D Vision support. No, PC gaming is NOT dead.

ZoomTuesday Nvidia announced that Epic Games has finally added DirectX 11 support to its Big Mac of the gaming industry, Unreal Engine 3. Currently both Nvidia and Epic are teaming up at Game Developers Conference this week to present an exclusive demo showcasing the brain-hemorrhaging eye candy brought on by DirectX 11 including tessellation, multithreaded rendering and DirectCompute.

According to Nvidia, the real-time demo was developed using GeForce GTX 500 Series GPUs. "It represents Epic's proposal for what the next generation of gaming will look like and sets a new bar for what can be accomplished with Epic's Unreal Engine 3 technology," the company said. "It also showcases the myriad benefits that DX11 brings to gaming, including complex environments and detailed character models with lifelike movement and animations."

Nvidia added that the demo is further enhanced by the use of Nvidia's PhysX and APEX technologies including "destruction and clothing modules, which enable realistic character interactions with the environment." Epic has also added support for Nvidia's 3D Vision tech, providing users of the new UDK with a "theater-quality" 3D gaming development platform.

"Thanks to Nvidia's excellent cross-platform physics technologies and DX11 expertise, we have enhanced Unreal Engine 3 to bring unprecedented new levels of realism and demonstrate what the next generation of gaming will be," said Mark Rein, vice president of Epic Games.

For the uninitiated, Epic's Unreal Engine 3 is probably the most licensed game engine used in the industry, powering popular titles like Batman: Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect 2, DC Universe Online, Medal of Honor and the just-released Bulletstorm action-FPS. Unreal Engine 3 will also serve as the backbone for upcoming titles including Batman: Arkham City, BioShock Infinite, Gears of War 3, Mass Effect 3 and Mortal Kombat.

The latest updates to Unreal Engine 3 are available now to all licensees, allowing developers to ship games with "out of the box" support for DX11, APEX, PhysX, and 3D Vision.

Yes that is Unreal Engine 3, 'll keep dreaming.

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 19:20 Profile United States

Wait. Are you telling me that this advertisement about Batman's game has the same engine of AA3? Looking at this video i was astonished! For you to imagine, i called my mom and said take a look at it and can you believe this is a game? She said seriously? It looks a lot like real life.

But the difference is, Batman for example has the same engine as the AA3 even though it is the same basis, the same engine it is heavily modified. But why can't AA3 perform the same? We are here to support the Devs and Beta's, if I could, I would be the first one wanting to participate in the Beta's. When Chalktroop was still present, I sent him more then 20 e-mails about different bugs, the way to make it happen and the possible solution, on the next update we had all those bugs fixed. Magic? No!

So what I am saying is people should stop complaining and start Helping, as I said if i could become a Beta tester i would surely do anything i can to help the game improve, even because i am an AA3 player since its release back in 2009. So why don't you guys reading this post think the same as I do? and stop complaining and start helping?

The idea of us developing a new map, Rural and Ship it is a great idea, and now the other part which i have been following, great ideas are coming! That's how we should act, support the game we play and not argue about it.

Those are my ideas only,
Lupo.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 20:05 Profile United States

A matinee animation is far different then playing in an engine- there is no comparison-

That game will look like cod during gameplay-

The reason AA3 doesn't support DX 10-11 is because there are to many snot nose kids that can't afford a machine that runs it-

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 15 Mar 2011 22:52 Profile

greeneyes wrote:

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

A Game.
Can be:

A Game.
Can have support for:

A Game.
Having support for Directx 9, Directx 10 and Directx 11, users can choose whatever they want.

Example number one:
Player with XP. use DX9
Example number two:
Player with Vista, use DX10 (if he has gfx for that).
Example number three:
Player with W7, use DX11 (if he has gfx for that)

Conclusion:
They are all happy playing the same game on same server.

you know what im not going to argue with you i gotg a dirext x 10 game that will not play on windows xp becuase the pc does not support directx 10 im not happy at all i spent 30 bucks on this game and found out it does not work with my windows xp, hawt swap to windows 7 it works dfine XD i love harddrives and os swaps

Crusha K. Rool

Private

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 09:29 Profile Germany

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

you know what im not going to argue with you i gotg a dirext x 10 game that will not play on windows xp becuase the pc does not support directx 10 im not happy at all i spent 30 bucks on this game and found out it does not work with my windows xp, hawt swap to windows 7 it works dfine XD i love harddrives and os swaps

Can you name that game?

If it's Halo 2, be assured that it has nothing to do with DirectX 10 but only with Microsoft's horribly failed attempt to get players to update to Vista. Halo 2 doesn't use any DX 10 effects at all and was just programmed by Microsoft to require Vista. It also runs on XP with hacks and doesn't look any bit worse.

Upgrading the DirectX version won't require you to buy any new hardware, the game will just have better graphics for people that have the necessary hardware but it won't raise the minimum requirements at all.
Crysis runs in DirectX 9 and 10 (while 10 doesn't add any really noticeable detail but allows some different and faster computation for the same stuff, potentially increasing the performance on DX 10 hardware). So don't tell me they don't upgrade the DX version because people can't afford the hardware.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 14:27 Profile Satellite Provider

Obviously a game may have support for DX9, DX10 and DX11.
The user chooses the one that suits in his computer.
A famous example of this situation and Bad Company 2. With Bad Company 2 we can choose the DirectX version (9,10 or 11).

I'm sure every soul on the Earth know this fact, they are just messing with us pretending to know nothing about it to justify the fact that the AA3 have a Direct X support overtaken by evolution.

Quote:

BC2 example 1:
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=9
Aniso=4
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=2

BC2 example 2:
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=10
Aniso=4
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=2

BC2 example 3:
MainQuality=custom
Texture=high
DxVersion=11
Aniso=4
Detail=high
RenderAheadLimit=2

You choose with Unreal Engine 3 is the same thing, you can choose if the game code has support for it.
The point is when they started developing AA3, UE3 were only with support for DX9, when they released the game, UE3 were ready for DX10, but they have choosen DX9 only. Besides the option for DX10 is in Engine.ini, just the game code does not have support for it.
Any other argument is naive or ambiguous.

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 15:19 Profile United Kingdom

What you are all forgetting is that the version of Unreal 3 that the Govt bought for AA3 ,isn't the full bells and whistles version that say Cod uses Cool

They bought a cut down budget version that suited their needs Cool

So , comparing AA3 to other ( Commercial ) Unreal 3 based games is a complete waste of time Cool

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 19:15 Profile

greeneyes, i dunno green your missing the whole point i belive you cant simple choose this inside of aa3, its direct x 9 only windows xp users are stuck on Direct x 9 c they cannot simpklly upgrade to a newer Directx x why is this becuase its not Compatiable this why i was saying why AA3 Devolpers Choose Dirext x 9 over 10 or even 11 which wasnt even out yet when they started devolping the game its self and you just read this is UDK not what there using t there actually using the Unreal Editor not the UDK package if im not mistaken i could be wrong but i do bbelive i heard this from someone i can treally point there name out i use UDK which im using to help Build one of the New Maps Hopefully in aa3 not 100% sure if it will make the cut but we will Make sure its Certain to bring in thereheads we can do things

now the only reason why i said they choose direct x 9 is simple becuuase during that time vista is really garbage ad alot of people stuck with XP so they stayed with that Direct x now ive been in my Options looking and i dont see where i can slect what version to use now if your messing with it in your ini files thats up too you im not sure if its iproved or anything im not even saying you did it im just speaking out in general this is why the game is Direct x 9 and not 10 or 11

Unreal Engine 3 and UDK update to support DirectX 11 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: