greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 17:51 Profile Satellite Provider

I hope that someone will use it.

http://news.bigdownload.com/ta...ectx-11

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 18:38 Profile Canada

just watched that 3DMark11 trailer.. wow .. that other post we were talking about graphics.. well "woop there it is" .. thats what Im talking about !!! now.. the beauty of that is the detail something AA3 doesnt have, at least not the current maps.. AA3 is also experiancing major performance problems at the current stage.. imagine if it were that detailed LOL..

So what kind of advantage would you really get from this DX11 update to AA3 ? I mean if the detail isnt there what could possibly improve? its like looking at poo in 3D.. in the end its still poo.. not saying AA3 is garbage, just not DX11 worthy. imo anyways.

if things were to change and DX11 was supported, the detail was raised 10x.. I would get a new vid card this second..

hopes and dreams.. we has them.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 18:55 Profile Satellite Provider

UE3 with DirectX11, allows to enjoy a unique and valuable function, The Tessellation.
If you have a graphic ready for DirectX 11 you can download 3DMark11 (free) and make a bench. That goes to show you the potential of DX11 and will also allow you to see if your graphics supports tessellation so you can enjoy in its fullness.
To be able to take advantage of DirectX 11 with an acceptable quality your bench can not be below 5000 marks.

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 01:13 Profile Hungary

Tesselation is a piece of garbage as it is now. Maybe on the characters it could be used but nowhere else, especially in an online FPS.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 03:52 Profile United Kingdom

AA3 don't currently support the use of DX10, so what do you think the chances of using DX11 will be?

Bear in mind AA3 is designed to support as many HW configs as possible, simply to make it accessible to as many people as possible.

Embedded Image

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 08:51 Profile Satellite Provider

blint wrote:

Tesselation is a piece of garbage as it is now.

Only for those who do not have a powerfull enough graphics card.

Bozy wrote:

AA3 don't currently support the use of DX10, so what do you think the chances of using DX11 will be?

I do not think nothing, however is pretty easy to transport the old UE3 version that AA3 use to a new version of UE3, that is not a problem.

Bozy wrote:

Bear in mind AA3 is designed to support as many HW configs as possible, simply to make it accessible to as many people as possible.

Do not know where you got your info, but every hardware/software/gaming surveys reports:
Most used OS: Windows Seven.
Most used graphic card: DirectX 11 compatible.

I dont think that even a problem, the game is DX9 only, but you need a graphic with latest technology (DX10 or DX11) to run the game. If you try run the game with a old DX9 graphic (8800/1950) you will have nothing more than problems. What's the point in having a DX9 game if you need a DX11 card to run it?

Honestly i think thats because of that lack of ambition that we are in this sad condition now.

AgentOrange[NL]

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 09:34 Profile United Kingdom

Not sure where YOU got your information from but you can easily run the game using an 'old' 8800GT card. I currently use a 9800GT which is basically a rebranded 8800GT and the game works just fine.
It seems that there are even people with super duper tripple SLI DX11 cards having performance problems due to the lack of crossfire support in the Unreal engine.

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 11:07 Profile Hungary

greeneyes wrote:

blint wrote:

Tesselation is a piece of garbage as it is now.

Only for those who do not have a powerfull enough graphics card.

That's like 95% of the players.
And thats just a minor problem, would you turn on the tesselation to be shot through the wall at edges? Coz this is what is going to happen or eg. you must lean out from your cover much more than without tesselation. No 1 would use it, im pretty sure.

Bozy

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 11:22 Profile United Kingdom

Got my info from a known fact, AA3 only supports DX9. I don't know if there are any future plans to change it to support 10 or 11... but for now as long as a person has a decent enough DX9 enabled Graphics card (or above) and Windows XP or higher, it will run AA3. You don't "need" to have a DX10 or 11 card to run the game.

Quote:

Video:
Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better) (Minimum)
Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 7950 or better/ATI X1950 or better) (Recommended)

As long as a graphics card meets them criteria then there should be no issues, if there are then it will be something else hindering it, for an example... a weak single core Processor from an OEM Dell you have had in your makeshift office for the last 6 years Laughing you see... something like that probably just won't cut it.

On topic - I imagine though that many UE games released in the future will make use of this, technology is forever bettering itself... the past 10 years has seen massive changes in computing and the way in which we use them in our daily lives.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 14:30 Profile Satellite Provider

I give up.
I am speaking of onions, you're talking about potatoes.
No wonder the game is in this wretched state.

Embedded Image

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 15:13 Profile Hungary

greeneyes wrote:

I give up.

Well, no trolling in here, but weren't you the one spamming every topic a few weeks ago how great this game is? Cheesy Grin

Dont give it up mate, maybe next week you'll be in love with AA3 again. Cool

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 15:23 Profile Satellite Provider

blint wrote:

greeneyes wrote:

I give up.

Well, no trolling in here, but weren't you the one spamming every topic a few weeks ago how great this game is? Cheesy Grin

Maybe next week you'll be in love again with AA3. Cool

I can assure you, you don't love the game more than me. For you is just a game, for me is a way of life.
For me to see the game being treated this way is the same thing of being struck in the back.
I have brought here an honest discussion about a hot topic and most likely in the future all games will be based on this technology, many of them already are, and I see here affirmations fully based on ignorance, fear.
To see that this game has no future, at least with these people, it breaks my heart.

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 15:53 Profile United States

forget about DX11, aa3 is decades behind most of the FPS games out there. They have the engine, they have the capacity, they just don't want us to play a good game due to a contract that has been signed when they volunteered for this job (developing aa3). I have lots of friends who have downloaded the game, played one round then quit it is simply ridiculous. But then, why did they quit? they quit due to the fact that the game is poorly designed and there are lots of glitches.

I don't really like AA2, i have played it yes til level 20 but, it is like playing nintendo 64 whatever, we are talking about a new game aa3, aa3 should make a revolution. but no this so called new game is nothing more then just an unfinished job. I will still play it, because i support it and a lot, but i have to agree that supporting one thing and not seeing the result ain't easy.

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 17:49 Profile Hungary

Ssgt.Lupo wrote:

They have the engine, they have the capacity, they just don't want us to play a good game due to a contract that has been signed when they volunteered for this job (developing aa3).

Are you sure about these? Never read any of this as a fact, only speculations. Do you have a source?
Only thing found about capacity is the budget, but it does not really say anything to me. One thing for sure, they've spent about 9M to develop AA1, and about 8M from 2007 o 2009, but this include the cost of AA2 and dozens of government applications and virtual tours or what. Who knows how much of it actually were spent to AA3 development (as far as i remember Army bought the UE3 licence in 2006).
2000--$3,500,000
2001--$5,600,000
2002--$1,862,985
2003--$2,600,000
2004--$3,866,482
2005--$1,288,552
2006--$4,050,748
2007--$2,788,137
2008--$3,887,450
2009--$3,395,702

greeneyes, dont get me wrong, I know that AA3 is still in quite a bad shape, but as an "experienced" AA player i just know what to expect from the game, dx11 and the latest technology isnt one of those expectations (though these expectations were greater in case of AA2, but thats the past sadly).

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 03 Mar 2011 18:56 Profile Satellite Provider

That's why I think the problem is exactly this, a lot of people that are connected to this game have low expectations. There is a total lack of ambition either by fans, staff or dev's.
It seems that people are satisfied with the disgrace, or they are afraid to say and show their entrepreneurial spirit.
This game needs life, at present looks more like a mourning.
Even though DirectX 11 will never be used in AA3, would not hurt to dream, to talk about what this game could be with this technology, perhaps someone could do download udk kit and build a map but no, there are no dreams anymore about this game, here we only feel the defeat, negativity and hatred for everything and everyone.

Imagine that when they said to Mr. Louis Armstrong that he could conquer the moon he had answered, no no .. where is the moon? nobody ever it was close, nobody knows where it is, how do I get it? probably I will not surpass the first cloud, I will not go because I'm afraid of the unknown.
This game needs people like him, either in support or development and also needs fans who really support this game to carry forward instead of fulfill themselves with defeat.
This game needs people with high standards, ambition, desire to win, people who can not be demoralized by setbacks.

But maybe I'm just a naive dreamer, on second thought maybe I'm just that because look around and I see everything dying, this forum, the game, youtube page (that youtube page is a disgrace I have to say it, is a perfect example of mismanagement), player base..it seems that everything is disappearing.

Unreal Engine 3 and UDK update to support DirectX 11 

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: