New Videos YouTube
AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Flash Bangs what we need. 

=BFM=Petrovpoo

Recruit

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 07:14 Profile

My squad has run through a few training sessions where we have concentrated on room clearing and we have found that flash bangs, even when it totally blinds the enemy are somewhat ineffective.

eg. Tango has an AR pointed at the doorway you about to breach. Flash bang thrown in, Tango AR blinded starts spamming doorway, Fireteam number 1 and 2 dead before they get through the door because the Tango AR is already lined up with the doorway.

What I want to suggest is this, when a player is blinded by a flash bang, their weapon is forced by the server to point in a random direction, to simulate the shock of being subjected to a flashbang. It doesn't have to be a huge deflection. Even if the tango is rotated or tilted by 30-40 degrees that is enough to make the any firing by the enemy to be totally ineffective and can even run the risk of them taking out there own teammates.

Thoughts?

Qbert987

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 08:35 Profile United States

I thought it already did that? hmm it could just be the reaction from novice players.......

Yah, I think that it is a realistic approach.

blint

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 17:01 Profile Hungary

I agree, and maybe the effects caused(or its range) should be longer, if not the blindness then the deafness, 15-20 seconds long not hearing the enemy is quite a punishment in aa3. It would make the use of flashbangs much more rewarding thus players will use it much often as they use it now. As for myself I can count on my fingers, how many time i used flashbangs. Not to mention the very few cases it made any good.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 18:47 Profile Canada

Flashbangs work but it all depends on execution, it has to land pretty close to enemy and directly in front.. overthrown and it wont work, he has to face the explosion.. thats when you have a few good seconds to come in and eliminate .. I use it quite often.

as for throwing off the enemys ballance, I thought it did that also.. Im pretty sure when I was hit before I wasnt pointed exactly in the right location... and once you start shooting recoil will take your gun away from "door" and youll be shooting at nothing..

Petrovpoo - when you say the enemy shot both number 1 and 2, he might not have been blinded correctly or got very lucky shots.

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 22:01 Profile United States

Personally, I like what Black Ops does with flashbangs, it even is a bit more accurate imo.

RL people say that the last thing they see is "burned in" for a few seconds. And when I get blinded in that game it's completely disorienting. I try to spam but I really have absolutely no idea where I'm even aiming. I can't even guess it's so bad

=BFM=Petrovpoo

Recruit

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 22:03 Profile

Thanks for your feedback guys.

Doba, this was in a training situation both the black and gold team were in communication with each other via our clans teamspeak.

We repeated the exercise a few times with the outcome being the same. Flash bang goes off, at least number 1 gets taken out before he has made it through the doorway.

The Tango who had the AR confirmed via teamspeak he was fully blinded when he spammed the doorway (when I say spammed they were quick controlled bursts to minimize recoil).

We have done some experimenting with the flash bang and as far as we can tell, you are only blinded and deafened there is no movement in the Tango affected.

Most players reactions when blinded is to move. However in the scenario we played out, a seasoned veteran with a cool head can be blind and successfully take out 1 if not 2 enemy who are trying to breach.

What I suggested would negate that from happening.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 22:40 Profile Sierra Leone

W@@dy wrote:

Personally, I like what Black Ops does with flashbangs, it even is a bit more accurate imo.

RL people say that the last thing they see is "burned in" for a few seconds. And when I get blinded in that game it's completely disorienting. I try to spam but I really have absolutely no idea where I'm even aiming. I can't even guess it's so bad

that already happens ingame. cook the flashbang off in your hand to see the effects.

Flash Bangs what we need. 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: