Updating PB Client
AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Hood/Ski Mask 

cheffy777

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 01:48 Profile

I've seen several soldiers playing with a hood/ski mask. Anyone know if this is associated with a specific avatar or if it is an ini mod? Thanks,

{DA}cheffy777

druski

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 02:42 Profile

well i know when i used the saw on ranch my team mates where saying i had a ski mask on, I'm not sure if its just when you use the saw or for a certain avatar.

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 06:36 Profile United States

If it's what I think it is, it's a specific player. You remember the soldier name?

cheffy777

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 11:21 Profile

I don't remember which soldier(s) I've seen them on, but I've started seeing more and more over the last 2-3 months. I just figured that people were slowly starting to figure out how to get them. Somebody at AA has got to know how they are accessed. I've seen some threads that say they are linked to a specific avatar, but nobody has been able to identify which one.

Qbert987

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 11:27 Profile United States

I know that beta testers have a patch on the back of their helmet. It could be a similar thing like mvp gets one or something.

cheffy777

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 14:57 Profile

Thanks. I have my suspicions too, but it would be nice to know for sure. I know in AA2 it was just an adjustment to the ini file to get the opfor mask, so I am curious if this is the same. Hopefully somebody who knows will chime in on this and clear it up.

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 15:08 Profile United States

Hello! This mask it is not soldier specific, anyone can have it, using sniper or saw it doesn't matter. I have played with some friends and they said that i was wearing it, i have also seen friends of mine wearing it regardless of the weapon or avatar that has been chosen. It is a random mask.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 16:02 Profile Satellite Provider

That mask is a known bug that happens often on servers where the latency is close to reaching the proportions of an atomic bomb. U.S. Soldiers are seen with this mask and uniforms of the opposing forces.
Just a bug.

cheffy777

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 16:40 Profile

That's interesting that some of you think it is a bug or random as I have seen two players on the same TWL team playing with masks on in three consecutive matches now. I don't remember the specific soldier names, only that this team has had two guys with masks on for the past three matches. Before that they had one guy with the mask on for a few matches. Because of this and since the match servers for both teams are very good servers, I'm still leaning towards this not being random. If it were random, I would imagine that I would see players with it on occasionally in our public server, but I have not. The soldier in the image was on the opposing team after I took him down, so the idea of it being a bug for the US soldiers does not explain it in the scenario(s) I have come across. I thought of asking the team directly, however I assume I would get a guarded response as those in "the know" tend to be very secretive when they think they are privy to information that you are not.

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 16:49 Profile Germany

on impact,saw,light i wear always that mask.

{S.O.B}10thstreet

Private

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 17:13 Profile United States

Thought in AA2 all the bad guys wore ski mask except the VIP on Hospital...

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 17:17 Profile Satellite Provider

I have seen this on servers with extreme lag, better saying on all of them, always as a spectator. Never seen a player with that mask on my team, while I am "alive".
If you say that happens, stop the game already, a U.S. Soldier dressed as terrorist? That can not happen, just cant.

D.Liu

Recruit

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 20:46 Profile United States

greeneyes wrote:

I have seen this on servers with extreme lag, better saying on all of them, always as a spectator. Never seen a player with that mask on my team, while I am "alive".
If you say that happens, stop the game already, a U.S. Soldier dressed as terrorist? That can not happen, just cant.

They ain't talking about U.S. soldiers in-game, they're talking about OPFOR in-game having the mask, when most OPFOR are bareheaded.

Qbert987

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Mar 2011 23:49 Profile United States

also, it looks a little to intentional to be a bug.

cheffy777

Recruit

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 00:08 Profile

picture was taken on alley, but they also had them on ranch and impact

Hood/Ski Mask 

Page 1 of 2        Next Page »  

Jump to: