AA3.0.6 Update
FAQ Support Issues
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Chatbox 

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 10:58 Profile United States

AA3 has a large gap in teamwork between random players compared to aa2 in my opinion.

The main reason why is because not everyone has a mic, and the chatbox is incredibly hard to read.

Or rather, it's not hard to read, it's just subtle.

The colors and font aren't ideal in my opinion. The way it scrolls (I forget which way it goes, top-bottom or bottom-top. I just know it isn't user-friendly) is awkward and wastes my time trying to read the conversations in mutiple directions before it makes sense.

I miss the commo beep to notify of a new message. I also really dislike the dedicated slots for other messages. I'm not too sure why.

I'm not saying go back to the old, but no one seems to even read the current chatbox and that needs to change somehow. I feel a total disconnect from my teammates.

I report locations and try talking to them, but it's like I might as well have just kept on playing instead of typing that out

frankof

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 11:29 Profile Norway

Tweak your heart out:
Embedded Image

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 14:52 Profile United States

If one didn't have to tweak it, the in game chat wouldn't be the issue. By default, the chat box w@@dy was saying, could be more noticeable. I think this issue he is talking about is where the in game VOIP gets used more because the chat box is a bit cumbersome.

Though the "beep" he's talking about in AA2 (I'm assuming the commo commands), aren't actually beeps but radio sounds when one clicks in the Push to Talk button on the radio, and you'd hear that sound before the speaker (and after when the button is de-pressed). I don't believe it actually beeps (makes a beep sound), but it's close.

W@@dy

First Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 11:34 Profile United States

Pretty much what Lilith said. It is more a radio noise.

I like that the chatbox isn't god awfully distracting, but it's too hidden and trying to read it requires me to decipher it which ends with me dying.

Idk, in its current state, it just seems like something off to the side that no one gives a second glance at. Which is a true shame.

I'd daresay AA2 has superior teamwork potential over AA3 because of this.
I can communicate flawlessly, reporting enemy locations and people read it off like habit. But in AA3 it's like no one is even paying attention.
Makes me feel rather isolated from everyone else.

I played with Coe once and using Xfire was talk was better than the ingame chat!
And that's REALLY time consuming compared to the chatbox

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 12:32 Profile Canada

Lilith wrote:

If one didn't have to tweak it, the in game chat wouldn't be the issue. By default, the chat box w@@dy was saying, could be more noticeable. I think this issue he is talking about is where the in game VOIP gets used more because the chat box is a bit cumbersome.

Though the "beep" he's talking about in AA2 (I'm assuming the commo commands), aren't actually beeps but radio sounds when one clicks in the Push to Talk button on the radio, and you'd hear that sound before the speaker (and after when the button is de-pressed). I don't believe it actually beeps (makes a beep sound), but it's close.

Funny coming from a guy who dont even play aa3 amazing hes still trolling these forums......

W@@dy i know what you mean you get used to reading the chat ingame and in aa3 the chat is different and i like you struggle with reading it while in the action with all the different things going on in the chat a well as the other things on my screen to look at..I ahve made it so i only see deaths and chat and still its not the best senerio for myself...

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 16:43 Profile Sierra Leone

Wonkss wrote:

Lilith wrote:

Funny coming from a guy who dont even play aa3 amazing hes still trolling these forums......

W@@dy i know what you mean you get used to reading the chat ingame and in aa3 the chat is different and i like you struggle with reading it while in the action with all the different things going on in the chat a well as the other things on my screen to look at..I ahve made it so i only see deaths and chat and still its not the best senerio for myself...

Please note that by continuing to go "lol he duznt even play" you are trolling as well.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 02 Mar 2011 18:43 Profile Canada

AA3 should recognize you have a mic, only then allow you to play.. without mic it shouldnt boot up Very Happy

Chatbox 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: