AA3 & NASCAR
Name that AA map!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Safe mode 

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 20:31 Profile Canada

Who would be against getting rid of it? for what puprose does a safe mode serve in a FPS game? its useless.. all it does is frustrate you cause when you reload its on safe mode.. seriously??? simple fix.. get rid of it !!!!!

dont care about reality .. bleh bleh bleh.. zero purpose in a game

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 21:54 Profile United States

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Who would be against getting rid of it? for what puprose does a safe mode serve in a FPS game? its useless.. all it does is frustrate you cause when you reload its on safe mode.. seriously??? simple fix.. get rid of it !!!!!

dont care about reality .. bleh bleh bleh.. zero purpose in a game

I assume you mean amber status. I don't really mind it myself. I believe that's what is taught about gun safety. The weapon is in safe mode to ensure any rounds in the chamber don't accidentally discharge when you reload. So you can't say you didn't learn anything if you don't notice it. Very Happy

BillyBishop

Private

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 02:59 Profile

I think what he's referring to is the 1 out of 1000 times that the gun gets stuck on safe mode for some inexplicable reason. It's a pain if you don't realize it and you try to shoot somebody.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 08:57 Profile Canada

1 in 1000 ?? doubt it.. happens much more often than that.. regardless.. I understand in real life its needed but in a video game who cares.. I for one would not miss it.. if any new player joined AA3 tomorrow and this feature was gone.. he wouldnt even notice or question it.. unlike jumping, it was removed by stupid request and new players seem to ask "I cant jump" .. I guarantee no one will ask "no safety mode"

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 11:34 Profile Satellite Provider

Every soldier knows that when you reload your weapon you need to put into safe mode.

This request does not make sense.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 11:53 Profile Canada

need to put into safety mode when reloading? whatever, when i reload I need to shoot right away without looking if my gun isnt on safety.. again this has nothing to do with real life.. its a video game and safe mode is useless here, so why even have it.. it just creates another bug that in the heat of the moment can really get under your skin.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 17:02 Profile United States

Maybe it depends on SOP. It makes sense for me, based on what you're saying, that says to me that it only happens right once out of 1000 times.

Maybe a little reference here: http://forum.americasarmy.com/...;page=2

Just don't disregard "realism". Where I come from, it's kind of the whole point of AA3 existing in the first place, or otherwise, it's not an authentic U.S. Army game, and it would just be like the standard FPS junk out of MW2 and CoD.

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 17:36 Profile Argentina

It really does nothing in-game, but it is good to have that level of attention put on details. I would not mind if it gets deleted though.

Safe mode 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: