Remember when...
Common Solutions
AA3 Easter Egg's
Open Letter
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

graphics in aa3 

Posted: 04 Feb 2011 16:58 Profile United States

I think it's you who suffers from myopia. After all, you're the one pretending to not see all the bugs and lag and last-gen graphics.

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 04 Feb 2011 17:16 Profile Sierra Leone

Graphics in AA3 aren't amazing or anything, but they're not horrible either.

Why the hell are we even debating this?

Up the Irons
Embedded Image

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 05 Feb 2011 12:45 Profile Canada

no theyre not horrible.. theyre a step up from AA2 so thats ok by me.. but to say theyre "Awesome" .. yeah I dont think so..

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 13:41 Profile Sweden

AA3 grapics are at a first glance very jagged and boring, but that is due to no or poor AA support, no or poor HDR, no or poor other post-processing effects.

AA3 really IS more detailed then CoD4, a lot! So you could say that AA3 has superior grapics compared to CoD4.
BUT, were CoD4 lacks detail it makes up for it in heavy useage of AA, HDR and post processing effects. Those effects can make a game look really nice and realistic, but no doubt AA3 is far more detailed. If some of the effects used by most other modern FPS games were introduced, the game would look a hell of a lot better.

But we must not forget, AA3 is a recruitment and public relations tool mainly aimed at American citizens. They want to keep grapics simple enough to allow as many pc:s a possible to be able to play it, but it also has to compete with other commercial games.
So they cant just let the grapic look 15 years old to let ppl on laptops and old Pentium 3-4 to play the game, coz it must compete withn modern games.
But then again they cant put down as much work as a commercial company can, with all the nice effects.

I may be very wrong, but it seems that people like me from western europe tend to have stronger computers then most american players.
Im from Sweden and i am really only satisfied with my gfx card, although i got a pretty decsent PC for most games. And yes, i would really like some more grapics-effects in this game.

My rig can handle AA3 just fine, but AA3´s main problem isnt pure gameplay, like offline, its the online gameplay that is just too bad too compete today. To go from AA3 online to AA2 almost gives a religous feeling, AA2 online gameplay in AA3 grapics = win!

My rig btw:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Overclocked to 4Ghz
2Gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM
Nvidia GTX460 1Gb Overclocked some to 820core/1640shader/2000mem

Just want to add that my best gaming experience in my life was with AA2.6, damn i miss those days!

Embedded Image

graphics in aa3 

« Previous Page        Page 2 of 2     

Jump to: