Name that AA map!
AAMP Launches!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

M68 CCO aimpoint 

-Field-Ops-

First Sergeant

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 01:51 Profile United States

Ive been using a similar red dot sight for a while and ive noticed that since it is supposed to be used with both eyes open a very different effect from what happens ingame should appear.

looking through one eye the sight shows the black outer part of the sight itself. but, with the second eye open, it is as if the outer black part is almost completely transparent, because using both eyes in tandem allows you to get two separate points of view.

What that means is that the outer sight of the CCO should be roughly %50 transparent or be at a %50 opacity.

One eye (%50 of your vision) sees the black outer rim, while the other half of your vision is completely unaffected by this. I think that if this was how the sight was depicted ingame it would show the true effects of a CQB combat sight.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 02:55 Profile Sierra Leone

truth, but because everyone just goes full auto with crosshairs in close quarters while sidestrafing this wouldn't have much of a gameplay effect since no one actually uses the sights at close range.

zathras6

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 02:56 Profile

I also have to agree, that in sight view with the m68, your vision should not be as obstructed as it is. However, doing that kind of partial transparency or opacity effect might not be possible in the game engine (I have no idea.)

On the other hand, sometimes I wonder why I aim in AA3 at all, because the correlation between what I aim at on my screen, and what AA3 thinks I "hit" is not very tight.

wipman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 16 Feb 2011 18:31 Profile Europe

Hi, it's impossible to recreate that in game; the M68 is a solid 3D model that can't be made semi-transparent as will appear IRL, becuse it's polygons construction, you'll see the edges of each polygon's face, overall with the NVidia cards that have noticeable problems with the transparent textures.
The best way of get this effect right or half right will be with a 2D texture, like in the Operation Flashpoint times, but no one wants to go back to those times unless she/he haves an ancient computer, or... having a supah computer capable of keep stable high FPS maining a well done blur effect on the M68 ring but very resources consuming. So it's there isn't a good enough way to make it right for all the users, that's what i think. Let's C ya

*Edit: I'd used the sights in CQB.

Qbert987

Private First Class

Posted: 16 Feb 2011 23:31 Profile United States

good point. It would almost make the cross hairs obsolete because it would make your aim better and you wold not loose much visibility.

I only use sights when i need to aim accurately, sometimes in a cqc environment too

D.Liu

Recruit

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 22:23 Profile United States

darksmaster923 wrote:

truth, but because everyone just goes full auto with crosshairs in close quarters while sidestrafing this wouldn't have much of a gameplay effect since no one actually uses the sights at close range.

I use semiautomatic in CC with my sights up...and I don't normally do bad.

Quote:

good point. It would almost make the cross hairs obsolete because it would make your aim better and you wold not loose much visibility.

I only use sights when i need to aim accurately, sometimes in a cqc environment too

Crosshairs should be obsolete. Actually, crosshairs shouldn't exist, in my honest opinion. I'd welcome the change in the sights. I would for iron sights as well, if it were at all possible.

wipman

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 09:15 Profile Europe

Hi, the point of the crossair is to let you know where you're aiming and where will your bullets go, more or less, as you would know IRL with a weapon on your hands when you shoot it without aim down the sights; so i don't think that the crossairs are obsolete, but i think that should have a different shape. Be a simple dot on the screen with the HUD's colour and maybe change into a growing circle as you shoot more, i don't think that would be a good idea to go back to the 2D sights and neither remove the crossairs.
By the way... as i always go for the M4A1... i always go with the sights in CQB and shooting two shots bursts, it worked well until the last game's patch, better that go in Single shot and better than go in Full Auto (most of the times) too. But always aiming down the sights. Let's C ya

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 18:14 Profile Sierra Leone

D.Liu wrote:

darksmaster923 wrote:

I use semiautomatic in CC with my sights up...and I don't normally do bad.

lolk.

JoseyWales

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 10:16 Profile United States

I like this idea, and the scope should be shifted off to the right or left a couple inches depending on your preference i guess. I'd also like to see the old aa2 redots with 2x zoom in this game.

Darkmaster923, I don't know about everyone else, but I use the scope even up close, and I do not go full auto, I use the m16 on single shot. For me, it is more accurate.

M68 CCO aimpoint 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: