AA3.0.6 Update
AA3 Easter Egg's
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

[I]Enemy shoots thru solid stone walls & around/thru cor 

zathras6

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 02:32 Profile

I understand that thin plaster interior walls are not going to stop bullets. I don't have a problem with that.

I DO have a problem with how often I am killed when the enemy (from my perspective) magically shoots thru thick stone walls, or, "around" (through) a corner where I should not be visible or even if visible, bullets should not go thru 6 feet of rock or brick between me and the enemy.

Often I will engage an enemy around a corner, fire some rounds, and withdraw some distance behind the wall to reload. Except the enemy somehow shoots and kills me AFTER I am back behind the corner or wall, when I am in an area where the enemy no longer has no clear line of sight (or line of fire) to my position--i've withdrawn far enough that I am no longer exposed to enemy fire.

I can't tell if this is simply lag (Maybe I was actually killed a second before, when I was exposed, and the game simply delays my death until it looks like I'm safely behind the wall again). But in any case it looks crazy when I see myself killed by an an enemy that, from my perspective, has NO LINE OF SIGHT and NO LINE OF FIRE to me, except thru a SOLID ROCK CORNER OF BUILDING.

I notice this a lot on the ALLEY map, but I expect it applies to all of them.

I don't know if this description makes any sense, but in essence I'm complaining that the enemy can shoot and get lethal hits on you even after it appears that you have withdrawn behind heavy solid cover.

frankof

Posted: 30 Dec 2010 07:47 Profile Norway

Without going into specifics, some of the stuff you describe is known issues(not really bugs but something different).
Do you mind putting up a couple of locations and description of situations you feel are bugs? i'll take a look at it and see if i find something odd(some "oddity" actually works as designed)

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Jan 2011 04:06 Profile Satellite Provider

Lag happens. And lag can have the effect that you're hit after you reached cover (happened to me at least).

As for maps, I can tell you that on Bridge, it is possible sometimes to get behind enemy lines and if you get their DMR a party is about to happen. They rarely ever realize where the shots are coming from, only to be "magically" headshot'd while behind thick cover.

Embedded Image

TheUnsaid

Recruit

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 10:26 Profile Germany

Lag might be one thing. But I think there is also something about "logical failures".

E.g.:
Bridge Map, Any of the catwalks.
I´m crouching or even stand at the bottom of the ladder, a teammate throws a nade next to the middle tower (near the ladder up into the tower). Allthough I´m covered by a thick wall of stones I die down there. To me it seems impossible, due to the angle or spread of shrappnels or debries, to get harmed this way.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 29 Mar 2011 15:50 Profile Satellite Provider

Overpressure and shrapnel and debris. Imagine having sand and small rocks sprayed in your face.

TheUnsaid

Recruit

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 12:12 Profile Germany

From my time on active duty I can remember that a wooden wall protects you from the blast of dust and debries while live RPG-firing. So I still can hardly believe that a solid wall of bricks can´t protect me in case of nading. Especially, as mentioned before, if one has a closer look at the angle.

frankof

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 13:44 Profile Norway

Quote:

Unrelated Chat :

Please feel free to add posts to other peoples Bug Reports that relate to that report. However please be aware that this is not a chat forum. Any posts not directly relating to the Bug Reported will be removed. It's hard enough to deal with Bugs without having to wade through pages of random chat, that is how important things get missed!

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...=296770

[I]Enemy shoots thru solid stone walls & around/thru cor 

Page 1 of 1     

This topic has been locked from further replies.

Jump to: