Deploy/AMW Features
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Tactical Ladder Climb/Descent 

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 04:54 Profile Satellite Provider

Hello, this post is about

1. having a fast "slip" descent mode available when on the ladder in normal mode
  2. having a slower but silent ladder climb (as opposed to the normal one which would be faster but noisy) and descent in tactical mode

Discuss...

Embedded Image

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 08:06 Profile Canada

I like the ideas, slip down like the fire departament without getting injured, and climbing ladders is the biggest giveaway you can possible have atm.. If I can add to this also.. while in a TWL match las night on bridge it came to mind that we should be able to look freely while climbing a ladder or at least assign 2 keys one to look left the other right.. cause blind climbing sucks and unrealistic

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 14:14 Profile Norway

you have gloves so should be fine to slide down, number 2 also good idea.

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 14:46 Profile United Kingdom

I like the ideas of both 1 and 2.

Nothing worse than starting to ascend (or indeed descend) a ladder and the enemy is sitting pretty listening for you to climb half way up it, your literally a sitting duck! it's one of them classic Grrrr! moments Laughing

Embedded Image

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 23 Dec 2010 15:33 Profile United States

Nothing is more frustrating than being on a ladder, a script that restricts use of your weapons, and being a sitting duck just one step from the bottom, mid ladder, or one step from the top. Having used ladders, and other ascension/descension modality, I've rarely found my weapons inaccessible, albeit, more difficult to bring to bear, nonetheless, I have used both rifle, MG, and grenades in a stationary position.

This bakes the question, "Why would AA disable the use of what is practical, and often, necessary in those situations that warrant it?"

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

FreaK367

Recruit

Posted: 24 Dec 2010 06:59 Profile

An idea for a realistic speedy climb up ladders is going up two steps at once, it's pretty easy if you have some ladders, especially secured onto the side of a building, you just hold onto the sides and take big steps while pulling yourself up skipping one step at a time.

If I can do it, being inherently unhealthy, people in the Army can do it.. gets you up about 20ft of ladder in roughly 4 - 5 seconds, but it's not the most silent or stealthy way to climb a ladder.. people can hear the ladders rattling as you go up, puts alot of strain on them.

Qbert987

Private First Class

Posted: 01 Jan 2011 23:07 Profile United States

I guess the best way to implement the tactical climb/ladder slide would be to use the sprint function on a ladder. if you start sprinting on a ladder you climb fast, if you sprint while going down a ladder you slide, normal movement would be the quiet one.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Jan 2011 05:16 Profile Satellite Provider

Qbert987 wrote:

I guess the best way to implement the tactical climb/ladder slide would be to use the sprint function on a ladder. if you start sprinting on a ladder you climb fast, if you sprint while going down a ladder you slide, normal movement would be the quiet one.

Quoting it only because it's a great idea.

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Jan 2011 07:13 Profile United Kingdom

Bozy wrote:

Nothing worse than starting to ascend (or indeed descend) a ladder and the enemy is sitting pretty listening for you to climb half way up it, your literally a sitting duck! it's one of them classic Grrrr! moments Laughing

Sooooo many times...... Laughing

Qbert987 wrote:

Nice idea Qbert. I wouldn't imagine it would be too hard to put into the game. Nice ideas Fingergrass, good one.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 02 Jan 2011 23:16 Profile United States

I agree. I'm sure we'll end up discussing it at some point. Not sure that it's a game-breaker or changer, however, so don't get your hopes up.

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 31 Jan 2011 13:54 Profile United States

When you use the combat toggle it makes the sound of you moving minimal as you are moving slower, therefor less loud. Shouldn't the sound be minimized when climbing a ladder in combat toggle?

Embedded Image

Tactical Ladder Climb/Descent 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: