« Previous Page        Page 6 of 6     
  Page Jump     

Partial self healing idea. 

Bellerophon{Hoser}

Recruit

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 18:20 Profile

Pwned You wrote:

Bellerophon{Hoser} wrote:

if your character were killed and you had to create another, how would that affect the way you (and more importantly, others) played the game?

No one would play. It would be the world's most sht game ever.

Maybe so, but at least it would be somewhat more realistic. And no, I am not suggesting that be done at all. My whole point is that this is a game and not real. . .

Bellerophon{Hoser}

Recruit

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 18:25 Profile

darksmaster923 wrote:

dragonwp wrote:

No, you have an infinite number of lives. If your character gets killed in one round you don't have to create another. Realistically, a soldier killed in the line of duty performing a mission does not re-spawn for the next mission. The more cerebral issue being if your character were killed and you had to create another, how would that affect the way you (and more importantly, others) played the game?

Isn't that the whole point? The use of grenades in FPS games is nowhere close to being realistic but as long as they are included there will be people that exploit their advantageous use. I don't see anything specifically wrong with that, though I would agree it can get rather annoying sometimes. In such cases, I simply go to another server and find a more challenging game rather than being somebody's easy/easier points.

OMG, i TOTALLY peeeeeeded in my pants reading this. This is the first damm time i see this being said. How can anybody even WAANT to play a game if they have to create 300 accounts, just so they can play?? this also means 300 email addresses, and 300 times training, and 300 times tier 1s, and 300 times hiding in a damm corner for whole matches, even on assault, so that you dont need to make another account...

you can have multiple soldiers on one account.

Well, if someone were stupid and bullheaded enough to create such a large number of accounts after not learning from the first few times, then I suppose that would be their prerogative. Again, we are talking the difference between realism and gaming. In this game, like many other FPS', their is no real penalty for stupid actions like their would be in a real-life situation under similar circumstances. That's the point.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Jan 2011 18:36 Profile Satellite Provider

Isn't that the whole point? The use of grenades in FPS games is nowhere close to being realistic but as long as they are included there will be people that exploit their advantageous use. I don't see anything specifically wrong with that, though I would agree it can get rather annoying sometimes.

I have to agree with this. The use of grenades should be limited in some way.
Very annoying to see, especially in alley and impact, at round start some guys running with grenades in their hands as if they had between legs a jet-fuel propelled rocket.

Partial self healing idea. 

« Previous Page        Page 6 of 6     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: