AA3 Easter Egg's
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Partial self healing idea. 

Buckeye11

Sergeant

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 09:07 Profile

Perhaps the IFAK SOP of using the other guys stuff first would be important to teach during training. Seems like the majority of people think you always use your own materials.

kuratomi1950

Private

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 11:22 Profile

Doc i love you, you are the only ''dev'' to keep constant communication with the forums and its community i congratulate you, and screw those who havent even talked in the forum for like 6 months .... change all this stupid healing stuff Doc you can do it!...what i dont understand..and if i am not wrong, this was a suggestion long ago, if you have 4 implements used to heal in 4 different things. Lets say a guy gets criticly injured, you use the smelling salts, he goes up, then another teammate goes down wounded, you used your smelling salts, but you still have the opa, etc, so you use the opa, then another guy goes down, you use the splint, then saline and so on, but in game you can only use the IFAK once...and thats boring wasting the other 3 implements...

kuratomi1950

Private

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 11:23 Profile

i find it quite stressing only able to use 1 implement out of 4 and then throwing the rest as if they werent valuable enough...

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 15:24 Profile United States

kuratomi1950 wrote:

Doc i love you, you are the only ''dev'' to keep constant communication with the forums and its community i congratulate you, and screw those who havent even talked in the forum for like 6 months .... change all this stupid healing stuff Doc you can do it!...what i dont understand..and if i am not wrong, this was a suggestion long ago, if you have 4 implements used to heal in 4 different things. Lets say a guy gets criticly injured, you use the smelling salts, he goes up, then another teammate goes down wounded, you used your smelling salts, but you still have the opa, etc, so you use the opa, then another guy goes down, you use the splint, then saline and so on, but in game you can only use the IFAK once...and thats boring wasting the other 3 implements...

Oh man gross.

I don't know...I hate when I rush out to apply first aid and I can't. Not so much that I still have 3 discrete treatments in my IFAK, but that I just "can't". I'm a bit biased about this too, having the background that I do. But to continue toward my actual point, I think I would hate trying to keep track of what I still had in the IFAK just as much, and hate getting to my second patient to find out he needs an OPA too even more. How quickly would this discussion turn into, "give me the option to get rid of the splint, because it's never useful and I want a second OPA. Actually give me 4 OPAs."

Basically, I think that, while letting each IFAK holder have four distinct treatments available is the most 'apparent' solution to the problem, I don't think it's the most elegant or effective solution. We'll see what comes along though.

kuratomi1950

Private

Posted: 22 Jan 2011 18:04 Profile

you make me blush doc :3

Bellerophon{Hoser}

Recruit

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 00:46 Profile

IIRC, AA2 allowed the medic to self-heal given he already was "carrying" the med kit.

Two trains of thought on this with me for what it's worth. First of all, if it is not that serious of an injury then you would probably shake it off in realistic conditions. If it were something serious enough to require a specialized medic, chances are pretty good you wouldn't be able to do much yourself anyway depending on where the wound has occurred and the state of mind you may be in at the time.

And come on, if you want to really be "realistic" shouldn't your character truly only have one life? It's a game with realistic features but still a game.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 10:27 Profile United States

Bellerophon{Hoser} wrote:

IIRC, AA2 allowed the medic to self-heal given he already was "carrying" the med kit.

Two trains of thought on this with me for what it's worth. First of all, if it is not that serious of an injury then you would probably shake it off in realistic conditions. If it were something serious enough to require a specialized medic, chances are pretty good you wouldn't be able to do much yourself anyway depending on where the wound has occurred and the state of mind you may be in at the time.

And come on, if you want to really be "realistic" shouldn't your character truly only have one life? It's a game with realistic features but still a game.

Self healing isn't exclusive. Other members of the team can self-heal once, whether they have the kit or not.

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 11:02 Profile United Kingdom

[Dev]Doc wrote:

But to continue toward my actual point, I think I would hate trying to keep track of what I still had in the IFAK just as much, and hate getting to my second patient to find out he needs an OPA too even more.

You could show what you had left in your IFAK with little symbols by the grenades and ammo.

I see your point though about using something on someone who is barely bleeding but just dropped below the incap line and then finding someone else needing the same thing that was bleeding heavily, unless you made the option to heal rather or revive so that you can choose and so someone else can get there to revive them and not having to rush because the victim is bleeding. (Sorry if i confused anybody with this, not hugely clear Cheesy Grin )

You don't get second lives just second chances if you got unlucky in a nade spam or firefight. If you got hit by a nade spam wouldn't you wan't to be picked up so you get a chance to play rather than just die in seconds?

Bellerophon{Hoser}

Recruit

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 21:13 Profile

No, you have an infinite number of lives. If your character gets killed in one round you don't have to create another. Realistically, a soldier killed in the line of duty performing a mission does not re-spawn for the next mission. The more cerebral issue being if your character were killed and you had to create another, how would that affect the way you (and more importantly, others) played the game?

Isn't that the whole point? The use of grenades in FPS games is nowhere close to being realistic but as long as they are included there will be people that exploit their advantageous use. I don't see anything specifically wrong with that, though I would agree it can get rather annoying sometimes. In such cases, I simply go to another server and find a more challenging game rather than being somebody's easy/easier points.

dragonwp

Private First Class

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 23:32 Profile

No, you have an infinite number of lives. If your character gets killed in one round you don't have to create another. Realistically, a soldier killed in the line of duty performing a mission does not re-spawn for the next mission. The more cerebral issue being if your character were killed and you had to create another, how would that affect the way you (and more importantly, others) played the game?

Isn't that the whole point? The use of grenades in FPS games is nowhere close to being realistic but as long as they are included there will be people that exploit their advantageous use. I don't see anything specifically wrong with that, though I would agree it can get rather annoying sometimes. In such cases, I simply go to another server and find a more challenging game rather than being somebody's easy/easier points.

OMG, i TOTALLY peeeeeeded in my pants reading this. This is the first damm time i see this being said. How can anybody even WAANT to play a game if they have to create 300 accounts, just so they can play?? this also means 300 email addresses, and 300 times training, and 300 times tier 1s, and 300 times hiding in a damm corner for whole matches, even on assault, so that you dont need to make another account...

dragonwp

Private First Class

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 23:39 Profile

Buckeye11 wrote:

Thanks for the explanation Doc! I need to get re-certified by the red cross I think my certification expired last Spring and it should as I feel like I've forgotten everything!
Pwned You wrote:

One thing i don't like about the medic system in AA3 is the IFAK. I think it's stupid that you get one multi-tool peice of equipment. There is no way that some breathing apparatus can be turned into a leg brace. You should get one of each of the options and they should show up on your loadout with your grenades by the health and stance bar.

Now if I'm not mistaken, when I was poolee for USMC (didn't work out in the end, oh well things happen for a reason) I think I read in USMC Guidebook of Essential Subjects that you always use the injured person's first aid equipment and never your own.

Yes, this would be very helpful, i never thought of that. if we could use the injured person's pack, then we wouldnt need 4 different healing stuff, because a revived person can either be shot to death or bleed to death, but no longer to incap. AND, if the *%*$& who got revived falls off from a "high enough to get injurred but not high enough to get very injured" spot, well its gonna be his own fault, and hes got no reason to even be CALLING for a medic.

I switch my vote to this

EDIT

almost forgot, the revived thing and all is IG only, not IRL

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 11:33 Profile United Kingdom

if your character were killed and you had to create another, how would that affect the way you (and more importantly, others) played the game?

No one would play. It would be the world's most sht game ever.

darksmaster923

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 17:38 Profile Sierra Leone

dragonwp wrote:

OMG, i TOTALLY peeeeeeded in my pants reading this. This is the first damm time i see this being said. How can anybody even WAANT to play a game if they have to create 300 accounts, just so they can play?? this also means 300 email addresses, and 300 times training, and 300 times tier 1s, and 300 times hiding in a damm corner for whole matches, even on assault, so that you dont need to make another account...

you can have multiple soldiers on one account.

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 06:48 Profile United Kingdom

darksmaster923 wrote:

dragonwp wrote:

You still need to do the training over and over if you create more soldiers, plus i doubt you could have hundreds of soldiers on one account.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Jan 2011 10:31 Profile United States

Pwned You wrote:

darksmaster923 wrote:

dragonwp wrote:

You still need to do the training over and over if you create more soldiers, plus i doubt you could have hundreds of soldiers on one account.

Wanna try? Very Happy

Partial self healing idea. 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: