FAQ Support Issues
» See more topics

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Partial self healing idea. 

FreaK367

Recruit

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 14:21 Profile

Had an idea for being able to stop bleeding on yourself, I'm sure others have had the idea too, I ran some forum searches and found nothing, so I'm throwing it out there.

I think it would be nice/realistic to be able to heal yourself to an extent of stopping bleeding,

I've sometimes been shot and my health is around 75% but its all lines.. so I know without treatment I will die, and most of the time unless a teammate is nearby, they just ignore Medic shouts, which is irritating, currently you rely on your teammates to look out for you, but most gamers just look out for themselves, especially on public servers in which I play.

Even if it means that healing yourself will stop the bleeding but put your health to just above Incap, so you move slowly but can still walk, it would be good. You could still have wounds that need healing by teammates, but you have stopped it being life threatening for now..

I can imagine if I was on a battlefield or so, and I got shot and I didn't have teammates with me, I'd atleast attempt to get out the medic kit and put pressure on the wound to stop bleeding. It would take longer for you to do it for yourself than if a teammate was to do it to you, so you put yourself in greater danger.

If I can still walk and shoot while on deaths doorstep with life running out, I'd like to think I had the strength to get myself somewhere safe and take some time to do basic medical treatment to stop bleeding, like a leg wound, get your bandage out or some cloth and tightly tie it around the leg, for example.

Just an idea, people want AA3 to be more realistic, in my opinion, this is an idea to help.

Please Discuss, just throwing it out there to see what people think.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 16:04 Profile Satellite Provider

Embedded Image
My name is Fingergrass and I support this idea.

Embedded Image

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 16:33 Profile

hoah

me too,

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 18:24 Profile United States

Idea Approved, but it should take longer than a normal medic to self heal.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 18:43 Profile United States

as a quick 2 cents, I would prefer to let players who successfully completed the 68W training (but are not currently the 68W) self-stabilize like you're describing. That's not a leak, it's baseless speculation.

Napoleons-ghost!

Recruit

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 19:31 Profile

I agree with almost everything you've said guys.
But it really should depend on the location of the wound! Not even superman can stop the bleeding from a shot in the back for instance.

Carlos_H

Private

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 20:55 Profile

Perhaps a balance between the two for 11B? Self-medic that doesn't treat the wound or remove penalties to movement or accuracy, but instead temporarily stops the bleeding in the same manner that you have a number of seconds after you are revived that you no longer bleed. Given long enough, however, you start bleeding out again.

FreaK367

Recruit

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 04:05 Profile

Surprised by the support of this idea, glad you all like it.

Like Doc said, doing the medic training would be a reasonable requirement for self-stabalizing, and as Lupo said, I agree that healing yourself should take (for example) 1/3 - 1/2 longer than others doing it for you.

Puts you in increased danger, but you're dead anyways if you have no teammates nearby and you're bleeding. Gives you a shot to get yourself back into battle.

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 05:04 Profile United Kingdom

Yeh i agree with what has been said and i think it's a good idea. One more thing though, if you were treating yourself your hands would be busy so your gun would be put away. You wouldn't want to come up against a load of people treating themselves yet still firing at you. Maybe you could make the self stabilizing a MOS Training so that you had to earn it rather than get it in combat lifesaving for free?

FreaK367

Recruit

Posted: 15 Dec 2010 13:28 Profile

Yeah I think that would be a given, not being able to use your gun while self treating.

Makes it more realistic too, the choice of self healing is a last resort when you're either alone or teammates are too far, it is the most inconvenient way to be treated, it will disarm you while doing it, and it will take more time. All negatives, but the end result is you not dying.. so it is a life saving treatment.

If it was any easier, it would be too convenient for people to just heal themselves instead of getting a teammate to.

And I agree with a MOS training for it, I was going to mention before actually. Self treatment requires knowledge of how to do it, you train how to heal others and heal certain symptoms, so a small course on healing yourself would be good.

Even if it is the sort of training that in a game perspective, doesn't offer you much, it would make it more realistic explaining about putting pressure on wounds and giving yourself whatever chemicals and disinfectants you may carry on you to clean wounds and numb pain etc..

Monica

Private First Class

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 11:26 Profile Afghanistan

How about sticking togeather and not go RAMBO ?

VeiX

Recruit

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 13:09 Profile Estonia

Thats a terrible idea, not to go rambo, geesh. Lol j/k. Got my vote with the self-medic perk

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 14:06 Profile United Kingdom

Monica wrote:

Even if you play conservativly you're still going to get shot, it's a shooting game....obviously. Going rambo only increases the chance of dying when you're shot. And don't act like you're better than everyone else and look down your nose at people who rush. If you rush to a good spot you can get a good advantage. I agree, some rushers are stupid but for most sensible people it's a tactic. I bet you rush occasionally so shut up.

Fingergrass

Sergeant

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 16:48 Profile Satellite Provider

Monica wrote:

Lilith is that you?
And how about not being totally helpless when your team mates don't want to stick together?

dragonwp

Private First Class

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 17:36 Profile

Fingergrass wrote:

Monica wrote:

Lilith is that you?
And how about not being totally helpless when your team mates don't want to stick together?

and what about when youre last man standing too?

Partial self healing idea. 

Page 1 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: