Page Jump     

America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8.2 Released 

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 13:44 Profile Canada

[quote="Crusha K. Rool"]
capcom wrote:

Dear Devs,
That's no fun at all, I guess not even really for the clan side.

actually theres nothing better than coming into a server with a stacked clan and making them all rage quit, better yet getting kicked for owning then having the right to call that clan a "inexperienced player clan".. its what I play AA3 for.

alert101

Recruit

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 14:31 Profile Finland

How's the new version?

Still random pb-kicks?

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 14:45 Profile United Kingdom

alert101 wrote:

How's the new version?

Still random pb-kicks?

It's great I think, I played for nearly 2 hours this morning with not a single issue lag-wise, only got 1 gun bug in that time too, which was a dodgy reload.... maybe I'm just lucky but it was great!!!

In other news.... I have never experienced a random PB kick since AA3's launch, what is the reason given when your getting kicked? (press F12 after getting kicked and it should be written somewhere)

Note to mods - Can split this into support if need be.

Embedded Image

Crusha K. Rool

Private

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 14:50 Profile Germany

capcom wrote:

But it's a recruiting tool, not a game they keep saying.

Could be one reason. The game is probably planned in a way to attract as many people as possible, not to scare everyone except the clans away, which are after all the guys who are most likely to consider this a game and not a "wow, army is cool"-thing. And that effect is not achieved if normal players ragequit because they got into the team without teamplay again.

So your argumentation would be that an organized clan could this way be made ragequit by some random guys joining the other team while at the same time you're saying that people can't just go beat the whole enemy team alone. Pretty contradictory I'd say.
Sure could the average player be forced into teamplay in theory, but that's simply what is not gonna happen unless you're incredibly lucky. One the "guest" team are usually not enough people (I've seen such constellations for a long time now and it's in 80% of the matches the case on any server) that would start playing as a team in order to convince the rest of the team to play together. I could try to play defensive, wait for the enemy to do the first step in order to start an ambush then, but in the meanwhile did 75% of my team already get killed because they ran like headless lemmings alone through the alleys.

Mixing players is at least for the beginning a good option, though it should not be forced of course but stay an option (although we can guess that not many servers would use it then), because it balances the skills. So you have on both teams some guys who die in the first minutes and afterwards could the remaining people make a nice tactical match that would be challenging for both sides.

You can sure do a lot as a single player if you know what to do, but you can't really win the whole match and so it's kinda frustrating if you actually killed many guys on the enemy team before dying but then your team still loses the match because they can't do the same.

@Punkbuster: Maybe you are not using the latest version. It doesn't update itself on some PCs, mine included.
Download this tool and choose AA3 as the game, then find your installation path (depending on if you use Steam or the DC) and it should download the necessary updates itself.

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 15:09 Profile United Kingdom

=IK=Doba= wrote:

capcom wrote:

Dear Devs,

actually theres nothing better than coming into a server with a stacked clan and making them all rage quit, better yet getting kicked for owning then having the right to call that clan a "inexperienced player clan".. its what I play AA3 for.

Too true.....

SnakeDoctor-LSG

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 03:37 Profile United States

Crusha K. Rool wrote:

capcom wrote:

But it's a recruiting tool, not a game they keep saying.

Could be one reason. The game is probably planned in a way to attract as many people as possible, not to scare everyone except the clans away, which are after all the guys who are most likely to consider this a game and not a "wow, army is cool"-thing. And that effect is not achieved if normal players ragequit because they got into the team without teamplay again.

So your argumentation would be that an organized clan could this way be made ragequit by some random guys joining the other team while at the same time you're saying that people can't just go beat the whole enemy team alone. Pretty contradictory I'd say.
Sure could the average player be forced into teamplay in theory, but that's simply what is not gonna happen unless you're incredibly lucky. One the "guest" team are usually not enough people (I've seen such constellations for a long time now and it's in 80% of the matches the case on any server) that would start playing as a team in order to convince the rest of the team to play together. I could try to play defensive, wait for the enemy to do the first step in order to start an ambush then, but in the meanwhile did 75% of my team already get killed because they ran like headless lemmings alone through the alleys.

Mixing players is at least for the beginning a good option, though it should not be forced of course but stay an option (although we can guess that not many servers would use it then), because it balances the skills. So you have on both teams some guys who die in the first minutes and afterwards could the remaining people make a nice tactical match that would be challenging for both sides.

You can sure do a lot as a single player if you know what to do, but you can't really win the whole match and so it's kinda frustrating if you actually killed many guys on the enemy team before dying but then your team still loses the match because they can't do the same.

@Punkbuster: Maybe you are not using the latest version. It doesn't update itself on some PCs, mine included.
Download this tool and choose AA3 as the game, then find your installation path (depending on if you use Steam or the DC) and it should download the necessary updates itself.

Actually I would quit using it as a recruiting tool. I was watching today about the mortar attack in South Korea and as a VET I would rather the north Korean on my side....Hard life and HAVE to be there and do it... The SOUTH they say is a bunch of tech soldiers...learn the soldiering from gaming.... I have to agree I love seeing ppl say "STOP DOING OBJECTIVES kills is whats its all about." My response then the DEVS need to take OBJS out of game if thats all its for...

As for the update STINKS !!!!!!! 1hr playing 13 gun/nade glitches. 320 to weapon glitch.. opened and closed 320 4 times in one round after only hitting "H" once. as for LAG same old thing out of the 10 on server 9 complained about the lag even though pings were low. As for the 10th..... He was idle.. I gave up on this game getting any better after 1) they got rid of the original personel and gave it to the Army. 2) Obama in white house..... Nothing but military cuts...

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 07:59 Profile

Pwned You wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

capcom wrote:

Dear Devs,

Too true.....

i agree but not starting a rant or anything the game is fun and alot of us love it already to keep playing...

the problem is noone likes changes but changes happen all the time you have to live with why they had to do it... and why it had to be done that way nothing Personal its just Bussiness

Kraine

Recruit

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 09:41 Profile

Im running the Big download version and I cant seem to install this patch. When I start AA3 executable a widow pops up saying the new version is available and to hit yes to install it. It install and the progress bar reaches 100. Then it says processing but nothing happens. Any advice?

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 09:54 Profile United States

Kraine wrote:

Im running the Big download version and I cant seem to install this patch. When I start AA3 executable a widow pops up saying the new version is available and to hit yes to install it. It install and the progress bar reaches 100. Then it says processing but nothing happens. Any advice?

You will need to reset deploy status, on the support tab. It erases everything on your PC and starts over.
May I suggest Steam?

Kraine

Recruit

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 11:14 Profile

Yeah I had steam but it ran very laggy on my system for some reason. But thanks for the reply I will reinstall everthing

MajorWinters

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 13:47 Profile Belgium

SnakeDoctor-LSG, this update didn't include any "game mechanic" fixes so I am not sure what you were expecting. The game release notes clearly state what has been changed, if issues x isn't mentioned in the notes, it's not going to be fixed.

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 14:13 Profile United States

SnakeDoctor-LSG wrote:

I gave up on this game getting any better after 1) they got rid of the original personel and gave it to the Army. 2) Obama in white house..... Nothing but military cuts...

Last I recall, before the release, the original Devs had contracts expiring and in the dispute, didn't renew, especially since they apparently were moving HQ. They weren't kicked out. So, they had to contract new Devs. AA has been under Army control long before that though.

If by cuts, you mean they had to reorganize due to BRAC, I'd give you credit.

SnakeDoctor-LSG

Veteran
Veteran

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 17:19 Profile United States

MajorWinters wrote:

SnakeDoctor-LSG, this update didn't include any "game mechanic" fixes so I am not sure what you were expecting. The game release notes clearly state what has been changed, if issues x isn't mentioned in the notes, it's not going to be fixed.

MAJORWINTERS.... HMMM I dont know where I got that then....must have combined 2 posts in thoughts... Thanks for the catch.... Question

alert101

Recruit

Posted: 26 Nov 2010 13:38 Profile Finland

Bozy wrote:

alert101 wrote:

How's the new version?

Still random pb-kicks?

It's great I think, I played for nearly 2 hours this morning with not a single issue lag-wise, only got 1 gun bug in that time too, which was a dodgy reload.... maybe I'm just lucky but it was great!!!

In other news.... I have never experienced a random PB kick since AA3's launch, what is the reason given when your getting kicked? (press F12 after getting kicked and it should be written somewhere)

Note to mods - Can split this into support if need be.

I get black pbss' according to the server admins.

cherylfoster

Recruit

Posted: 07 Jan 2011 13:47 Profile

American's Army 3 is really nice game to play.I love the all character of this game.Game graphics is very nice and specially I like the weapons of the players.This is nice game to play.Yeah I know that game is take more time to download.Thanks

America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8.2 Released 

« Previous Page        Page 4 of 4     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: