Page Jump        Next Page »  

America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8.2 Released 

[ChickenX]SmartyOwnage

Recruit

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:29 Profile Belgium

Lilith wrote:

[ChickenX]SmartyOwnage wrote:

My game says: 3.0.8 but the update is 3.0.8.1
I don't see the 1 ingame. Or you don't have to see it?
Cane we update our AA3 already with steam?

I believe Steam does that automatically if you set it that way.

Anyway, on the release: so soon? Kind of ....interesting.

In you start AA3, i see 3.0.8 and not 3.0.8.1
or you don't have to see it? Any answers? ;D

Ssgt.Lupo

Private First Class

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:43 Profile United States

[user="SmartyOwnage wrote:

Uh i would say that the version 3.0.8.1 or the 3.0.8.2 are inside of the 3.0.8 that's why the menu hasn't changed, so uh the version 3.0.8.1 or 2, they are mostly performance fixes, next number we may see is 3.0.9.

lastninja

Recruit

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 11:43 Profile

Hi, I stopped playing after 2.x, due to no one playing 2.x anymore.. I now have a computer that can run 3.x but I seriously don't enjoy it at all. I wish you had just ported 2.x to 3.x, same gameplay and everything, just new graphics, like valve did with counter strike -> counter strike source. At least at first, they were fairly identical.

I hope this fixes some problems, dont listen to the people wanting new stuff, look where that has got you so far (driveable vehicles deathmatch MP? lol dont think so.. when was that announced at an E3, like 4-5 years ago?) ... so many times you've tried to add things to 3.x and teased people at E3 before it came out.. then it was obvious so many bugs it didnt work or unbalanced for game, or unrealistic or not enough like army ethics or whatever.. so much red tape. I just want a good game.

I loved 2.x, I played it religiously, I mean seriously I didn't play any other game as soon as I got cable internet 4 years ago. Before that, I had been playing since 1.0 on dialup with 200-350 ping, and STILL loving it. Even though the mostly grey maps made me kind of depressed (especially dying so much too), I loved the realism and feel, and as soon as my own experience started excelling in the game, the fun I had made the drab level design not enough to halt my enjoyment and excitement to play AA 2.x.

Now AA3 I can barely control my character with the inertia, I can't really aim with the breathing, the graphics really don't look that much better imo, the lack of jumping is terribly implemented, the maps really don't call out to me like the 2.x did (how could you ruin Pipeline??? I wanted a PORT not an update Sad ) .. and so few people play it. So many people said 'I will stop playing AA2' in the past 3-4 years, 'but I will play again when 3 comes out'. Then it did and everyone didn't like it, so no one really plays it. I mean in comparison to AA2 at its height!

The zipping sounds really irk me too. Insanely irking.

So I'll try each new version just to see what you are doing in your recruitment tool. I just wish you still were putting lots of USA tax payer dollars into this project and funding outstanding development staff - it's been so slow since the original team was made redundant..

[ChickenX]SmartyOwnage

Recruit

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 12:16 Profile Belgium

How do i update it with steam? I can't find it ;s

-]H[-Ferdi

Private First Class

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 12:28 Profile Finland

Bring up the console (press ~) then type version. Build should be 02_111010

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 12:38 Profile United States

Lilith wrote:

My game says: 3.0.8 but the update is 3.0.8.1
I don't see the 1 ingame. Or you don't have to see it?
Cane we update our AA3 already with steam?

I believe Steam does that automatically if you set it that way.

Anyway, on the release: so soon? Kind of ....interesting.

Personally, I have no answer for that. It probably isn't so significant.

BTW for the OP: 3.0.8 is not listed in the version history on this page. Furthermore, it states the current version is 3.0.7 Shocked
http://www.americasarmy.com/in...ons.php

The webmaster might wanna have a look at that. But good to see that 3.0.8.2 is here.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 14:13 Profile

wow are you guys serious this is 3.0.8.2 not 3.0.8.1 it will show in game version 3.0.8 no mater what till 3.0.9 is release they stated this when 3.0.8.1 was released becuase people were confused it didnt get updated so they answer it will not longer .1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9 i belive so your current version is 3.0.8.2 unless you HAVE NOT UPDATED TO IT... if your unsure then open up ( Deploy , Steam ) and check for new Updates etc if you get it then you dont have it if you dont get it then you have it fair enough

but as it Stands the the CURRENT VERSION IS 3.0.8.2 not 8.1

Kanshi.Arg

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 15:03 Profile Argentina

Quick question:
Build version should be 02_111010, is that correct ?? Thank you.

[OhMyGod]

Recruit

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 18:25 Profile

Just download it! Cannot wait to get shot again Cheesy Grin

capcom

Private

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 20:47 Profile

Dear Devs,
You realize clans pay for the server right?
When will you put the switchteams command back into the game, so members can play on the same teams.

Set it as an admin level command if you took it out for players abusing it,
if you removed it for other reason, all of them solved by setting the command level to admin rank.

it's taken to long for a real answer, and really stupid on your part.

AttackingEagle

Recruit

Posted: 23 Nov 2010 22:07 Profile

I just got off of a server and could not believe the "lag" I witnessed. Also, more than once I moved forward at least 10 paces and was either moved back to where I started 10 paces ago or wound up somewhere I never even expected like the other side of the enemy facing the wrong way. I can't believe its the server because its running all "stock" having been reset after the update. It looks like things are getting worse not better.

Take it easy moderators and tr0llz this isn't a flame it's merely my pointing out that things are getting worse.

pfc_b-ytter^KSW

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 01:39 Profile Norway

AttackingEagle wrote:

I just got off of a server and could not believe the "lag" I witnessed. Also, more than once I moved forward at least 10 paces and was either moved back to where I started 10 paces ago or wound up somewhere I never even expected like the other side of the enemy facing the wrong way. I can't believe its the server because its running all "stock" having been reset after the update. It looks like things are getting worse not better.

Take it easy moderators and tr0llz this isn't a flame it's merely my pointing out that things are getting worse.

when i updated the server the first hours playing after was very laggy but it semse like everything has settled down now,it's running good and and no more lagg than before, or less....
this update has not changed anything regarding server performance or netcode if the release notes are correct
Razz .

[XIII]b-ytter

HerrKaputt

Private First Class

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 07:21 Profile Portugal

AttackingEagle wrote:

I think you should remember that the servers that keep track of stats etc might be overloaded somehow because of the update (i.e. the two jobs might be running on the same machines). Give it one or two days.

Crusha K. Rool

Private

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 10:08 Profile Germany

capcom wrote:

Dear Devs,
You realize clans pay for the server right?
When will you put the switchteams command back into the game, so members can play on the same teams.

Set it as an admin level command if you took it out for players abusing it,
if you removed it for other reason, all of them solved by setting the command level to admin rank.

it's taken to long for a real answer, and really stupid on your part.

Funny, that's exactly one thing I really hate about clan servers in this game:

Crusha K. Rool wrote:

TheRecruit1 wrote:

"I just thought of something, don't know if it's already been brought up. Well, of course we have auto-balance, but it'd be cool if there could be an engineered method of integrating auto-balance to not only balance soldier count, but also their rank so ranking is even. That way know all the CSM's (command sergeant majors) are on one said the PFC's (Private First Classes) are on the other. Instead, it evenly balances the ranking. Hooah."

Not a bad idea. Even though, I play on a inexperienced player account and have a 100 honor account but that certainly is not the case for all inexperienced player accounts. Not bad.

Indeed. How many times have I seen servers where all the "clan" members play on one side just to have an easy time going against the inexperienced player. It's so frustrating on the inexperienced player side and probably not really challenging on the experienced side either.

Actually clans are supposed to practice fair play and to balance the teams in order to get a nice and decent match going on for both sides, but it seems like the easy success is too alluring these days (maybe it's also partly because you get honor points for winning..).
I never saw any clan server where people had a problem to play against their own members in games like UT2k4 where you don't have such an account-bound score system. It's kinda sad. Sad

Of course it's legitimate that clan members want to play on the same team if they have a war against another clan, but I've seen that much less often happening than the situation where all the experienced clan members play on one team the whole day long just to slay the fresh meat away.
That's no fun at all, I guess not even really for the clan side.

capcom

Private

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 12:49 Profile

That's the lamest excuses that could be possibly made, and if it was taken out for whiney comments like that then it's just another sad thing for AA3.

Clans usually practice tatics, swarm objectives, etc.
The avg player should be forced into team play by this, not running around like rambo thinking he's going to kill the entire other team.
The same arguments could be said about one team has more players using teamspeak or ingame chat, then the other, go cry about that more b/c you cant afford a microphone, you cant speak english, your paranoid about how your voice sounds, or you simply cant type 30-60wpm.

"The other team would have an advantage" is your argument and I simply feel sad for you.
Perhaps the devs can add a rocket launcher just for people who want life to be fair, and thier version of fair is 1 shot kills 10 enemies.

There would be more clans, and tournaments, more servers etc if this game wasnt catering to crybabies.
But it's a recruiting tool, not a game they keep saying.
Only this game doesnt run well on any computer that isn't a "gaming computer" with high end cpu's and graphics cards.

America's Army 3 Version 3.0.8.2 Released 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: