FAQ Support Issues
AA3 On Facebook!
» See more topics

Page 1 of 1     

Boot Camp Help 

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 21 Nov 2010 17:45 Profile

I'm considering getting boot camp to play AA faster and better because on my intel macbook I get good connection and an OK framerate but it really slows down my computer and I would rather have my mac run faster. Now, I have tried to install boot camp using the boot camp utility under the "utilities" folder, but my computer freezes every time I do this. Is it trying to make room for windows or am I just freezing. The bar for the progess is always slashed and doesnt change.
Any help is appreciated. Also, is there anything I need to buy or is bootcamp free from this utility.
Finally, I wanna find out if I can play AA3 or AA2.85 off of my mac so could someone tell me how to do a report on my specs. I dont know how to do this on a mac.
Thanks nicecrew

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 22 Nov 2010 03:08 Profile

In order to use bootcamp you need to buy a copy of windows and insert the windows installation disk.
Or alternativly you could download and burn a copy of Ubuntu and run Linux under boot camp, Then play the linux version of AA which would be way faster than the mac version on an Intel.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 27 Nov 2010 09:06 Profile

If i download paralels then uh wouldnt't I download AA3 or a windows version of AA?
Quote:

way faster than the mac version on an Intel.

MeowX300

Recruit

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 00:08 Profile

I get awesome performance in Boot Camp! Really recommend this.

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 05:19 Profile

To play the windows version of AA on you mac you would need to buy a copy of microsoft windows to install on your boot camp.
However you can install Linux on your boot camp which is free, then install the linux version of AA and get awesome performance for free.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 08:20 Profile

Ok, but whenever i try to do bootcamp, the computer freezes, is it loading or is it not working for me?
Also, how do i download linux too?
Any step by step instructions on how to download bootcamp and linux would be helpful.
Thanks

m_hermann

Admin
Admin

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 10:23 Profile United States

There are at least 10 major linux distributions. Ubuntu is one of the more mainstream, but is just a watered down version of Debian.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 16:57 Profile

How would i donwload linux though if i dont have paralels or some where to download it off of on my PC par tof my mac?

AA25-JonnyM

Recruit

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 04:24 Profile

Download ubuntu using your mac, then burn the download to a cd-rom using your mac, then load the cd you burned into boot camp.

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 17:18 Profile

I only have CD-DVR's, are those ok. If not i heard you can use a usb cable. Would a flashdrive be big enough to hold it?
Thnx for the help.
But, what shows up in bootcamp if i do not have windows? Oh, and how much space do i give windows/bootcamp? 5g? 25g? ...
ALso, whenever i start bootcamp assistant and tell it to download, it loads but it loads for a very long time. Hoe long does it take? It also appears to be loading but it stays with the cross loading bar and the progress never changes just stays at a striped bar.
Finally, which bit do i download 64 bit or 32 bit (recommended)? And PC or Mac download? It wont let me download the PC version on mac if its possible give me download link PLEASE!
I also saw I could run it without even needing to download bootcamp, i saw i could run it alongisde my OSX leopard operating system.
*Sry if this post is hard to follow. Very Happy

nicecrew

Private First Class

Posted: 03 Dec 2010 07:00 Profile

Here is more info on my mac:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.24f3
Serial Number (system): W87470M3034
Hardware UUID: 43B94335-8DFC-5BBC-BECD-94B94A6FF475
I really need help though on the process of downloading ubuntu, linux users please help!

Boot Camp Help 

Page 1 of 1     

Jump to: