First Sergeant

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 00:14 Profile United States

You tease. Laughing Thanks a lot. Wink

frankof wrote:

[VET]Bud, here you go, http://www.udk.com/
Enjoy. Wink

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 00:15 Profile

well i can say i have a terrain i can run around and yes it seems udk has been crashing and crashing not sure whats up with it but i posted my report bugs about the issues i leave my save work icon disk on for auto saving and i also make a back up next to it so if the first one fails i can back in my work and fix the issues

and dgod is right we have been discussing general gameplay and areas of gameplay yes some of us have some models we been messing with and working with but playable is not even in that yet i mean we can play it as a single player atm inside udk to look around for flaws and stuff but no we do not at this time but we will thats all im gonna say about it Smile

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 12:21 Profile Satellite Provider

http://forum.americasarmy.com/...2975180

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 12:41 Profile United States

It is my understanding that both projects are moving very slow. We'll have to wait and see if Dev Doc can push the teams back to life.

Embedded Image

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 13 Jan 2011 13:56 Profile United States

dgodfather wrote:

It is my understanding that both projects are moving very slow. We'll have to wait and see if Dev Doc can push the teams back to life.

I will see what I can do. I have an example of a whitebox I can give you guys if that will help get everyone moving.

I can't force people to work, so it will ultimately be on the team to keep their progress going. If you're on one of the teams and seeing this, please get in touch with Dgodfather. I'll try to schedule a meeting but you guys should be trying to jump into TS whenever you can or posting updates and asking about what's next.

Edit: Also, if you're wondering what's next, start building rooms in BSP or on paper. Don't get fancy, just make rooms with different routes and doors and layouts. They'll be used to inspire rooms on the ship, or areas of the ship, or the docks, or whatever ends up being the map. Until you have clear direction default to layouts. Keep it in UDK and we'll run around in UDKgame for now. I will have a an early whitebox (map) file available for download, it's a layout in all bsp to give you a clear idea of how the process (in my version of level development) should work.

nikooo111

Sergeant

Posted: 15 Jan 2011 00:52 Profile Sweden

im an idea rich person and really manage to find a solution to most problems, if you need me im here now!
i have exp in photoshop and im very design oriented, details matter to me allot.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 03:19 Profile

Dgod i would like if you can get on tomm sigh about 6ish on ts so we may speak and if doc would like to join us for this convo

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Jan 2011 12:54 Profile United Kingdom

Why can't Unreal just release updates!!! I hate having to do an 800mb DL every month!!

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 27 Jan 2011 15:16 Profile

i dunno maybe we the uesers should just ask for that auto update feature?

AgentOrange[NL]

Sergeant

Posted: 01 Feb 2011 12:27 Profile United Kingdom

Just a few screenshots of my progress so far. The ship is a 150m long bulk carrier in a drydock (not made yet). Only the forward hold is open as otherwise the map would get too big. This is just a BSP brush model made in Unreal UDK used to get the general layout and flow of the map correct. Most of the model will be replaced by static meshes at a later stage.

The ship with the bow hull plating removed. There is an opening in the bow section leading into the side ballest tank. From this tank you can enter the main cargo hold, but at the top there is als a hole in the tank and an NME in the main hold can shoot you from this position. Also clearly visible is the forward hold which is open and the superstructure with the door at the side (another one at the other side).
Embedded Image

The forward cargo hold. At most sides is scaffolding with various (narrow) ladders to change level. There are three places you can reach the main deck (left, right and aft)
Embedded Image

The main engine room. This is the view when standing on the walkway surrounding the main engine room. The engine will be placed in the gap visible. There are stairs going down at either side and there are stairs going up to the next level, which is still within the main hull.
Embedded Image

Bozy

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 01 Feb 2011 12:45 Profile United Kingdom

Awesome job AgentOrange[NL] Smile

Thanks for the progress update, can't wait to see where it goes Cheesy Grin

Embedded Image

downloaddummy

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Feb 2011 01:04 Profile Germany

Thats a lovely set-up!

xan1965

Private First Class

Posted: 02 Feb 2011 04:07 Profile Brazil

Well done!!!

AgentOrange[NL]

Sergeant

Posted: 02 Feb 2011 12:40 Profile United Kingdom

As some of you requested regular updates, I'll try to copy here what I also posted on the website we use to share all info and files (www.therealcombatants.com)

Some of the things achieved:
- Modified the stairs, so the flow is better
- Added bridge structure
- Added Funnel
- Added main engine including propeller shaft and exhaust system
- Added 3 generators next to the main engine
- Included internal structure in the superstructure block (rooms and corridors)
- Included an engine control room and small workshop in the engine room

A few screenshots:
The main engine and exhaust system (6 cylinder line engine)
Embedded Image

I've hidden the engine so the engine control room (right with window) and the small workshop are clearly visible. The block attached to the main shaft is a power pick-up, to generate electricity when the main engine is on.
Embedded Image

The superstructure block including bridge structure. I've added a few extras since doing this screenshot
Embedded Image

View from the bridge. You can see the forward hold through the window. It is also possible to climb out of the windows. This can be useful as you can get onthe top of the bridge using a ladder at the back (not done yet) and jump off the roof on a corner at the front of the bridge. Then you can enter through the window.
Embedded Image

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 04 Feb 2011 08:40 Profile Norway

I just realised that this reminds me of the cargo ship in splinter cell 3, here is a walktrough on it found no pics sadly. might give you some ideas.

http://www.articlesbase.com/vi...8555419

I liked the textures in the ship, imo.

Competition team map: Ship 

« Previous Page        Page 22 of 23     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: