» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 21 of 23     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Competition team map: Ship 

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 13:37 Profile

Pwned You,

yes i did but i got it in my email i will get in touch with you via pm about stuff Smile and ps Kratos Rules becuase he (****)

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 15:28 Profile United Kingdom

Ok cool.

P.S. No he doesn't!

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 09:17 Profile

Just thought i let you know the newest update we have is me licking pwned Smile

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 14:09 Profile United Kingdom

What??? Confused

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 18 Dec 2010 22:38 Profile

Pwned You,

LOL Pwned your cool man. ok folks Here is a real Update for you guy's to let you know we have been working slowly very slowly X-mas is right around the corner some of us have been working alot of things differntly we can say we have a few stuff that is under the works atm still alot of stuff we dont have just yet!

I myself will still be working on the project even during the holidays becuase i havent really celebrated christmas in a long time so i figure this will help out the team and keep the project moving forward im sure after the holidays stuff will be picking back up yet once again!

We will be making future post on the Design its self the main goal is once we get a set up we can make a picture of it and get it all nice and fancy for you guys and post it so you everyone will see it which we all have been working hard on Smile so we hope everyone will like it becuase it isnt by all means easy owrk although it is alot of fun and alot of learning to do!

Thats your Update besides me licking pwned which never really happen in the frist place! lol Smile

Pwned You

Sergeant

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 06:36 Profile United Kingdom

=NOLB=Kratos wrote:

i havent really celebrated christmas in a long time

AAARRRGGHHHHH!! It's the grinch who stole christmas coming back for revenge!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!!!!

Embedded Image

Hehe! Laughing

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 09:55 Profile

lol pwned

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 14:06 Profile United States

=NOLB=Kratos,

No pre-release screen shots? Crying or Very Sad

Duty ~ Honor ~ Country

United States Army ~ (Ordnance) Veteran ~ 1982 to 1990

Terms of Service | AA3 Game Manual | AA Game Manual | IRC Support Channel | Create Game Account

downloaddummy

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 14:39 Profile Germany

Have patience. Building Areas of sufficent complexity in UT 3 engine isn't a very fast business despite al lthe tools at hand.

[VET]Bud

First Sergeant

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 15:02 Profile United States

Wait a minute. I've used the editor for AA2, albeit, earlier version. However, I can design, develop, and create screen shots in less than a day. I have several fully operational maps (AA2), code names HALO, Storage, and Bunker, all of which took about a month to create, test, and produce. Though used strictly for clan activities, nonetheless, they used the same engine, less robust than UT3, granted.

I'd like to think I'm patient, and will sit on my hands till these pre-release screen shots are posted here. Wink

frankof

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 15:08 Profile Norway

[VET]Bud, here you go, http://www.udk.com/
Enjoy. Wink

={KTS}=DELTATHUND3R

Sergeant

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 17:46 Profile

Looking forward too seeing what you fellas have come up with Smile.

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 09:24 Profile

[VET]Bud,

No Bud not at this time there is no screen shots will be soon thou so keep that in mind guy's!

downloaddummy,

im sorry to say working in udk itself is a lot faster then working in unreal ed 2.., Although there is a lot more tools then the previous versions which help you get the newest feature's as well as some similar or same features prior to the unreal ed 2. now with that said yes udk does carry the unreal editor 3 engine but i do believe udk is a more uptodate current version interface then the original of unreal engine. so with that in mind it can be very fast past or slow past depending on the size of the project etc. also keep in mind Us Level Designer are doing things inside things like maya and 3dsmax or blender which can take a great deal of work and detail and to import etc... so there is alot of things we are doing so what were doing is nothing like how the aa2 version of the editor is because that one was designed for aa2 package's udk is not packaged with any AA related things at all some of it is from scratch so bare in mind it will be a lil time here and there before we could actually post pick's but we will work as fast as we can to get those up for everyone, as well as the non comp teams as well.

So i hope this has answered some questions and concerns at this time about what were are doing and the reason why you guys should always watch this thread for any type of updated new's but it was under my impression this thread was going to be locked for more of a reference for every one including us to go back and look on ideas that people had posted etc and a new thread would be created for us to post picks and stuff to keep you guys up to date Smile

Crusha K. Rool

Private

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 17:00 Profile Germany

Would be probably easier though if Epic wouldn't remove stuff from the UDK without replacing it immediately:
Fracture tools are gone, but nVidia's APEX tools are far from being released to public.
Foliage System has been removed completely, no replacement yet besides the old Terrain Layers.
The AI-Tree system is resting there uncompleted for months now.
Terrain is hopefully replaced soon with the Landscape tool that already exists as class in the editor. Currently does the Terrain have too many flaws in compare to making stuff directly as StaticMeshes, I guess.

And the UDK got pretty unstable since the last December update… shuts down without any comment for me after working 30 minutes in the Content Browser (others reported instability too), probably some problem with the memory. Be aware and save your work often, or you will bite your bottom like I did. ;)

Anyway, any chance you could tell us in percent how much of the map is about done?

And then back to work, professional level designers are supposed to have a fun and playable map styled out in 12-24 work hours. Razz

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 18:53 Profile United States

Crusha K. Rool wrote:

Anyway, any chance you could tell us in percent how much of the map is about done?

First of all the map team was only selected just over a month ago. To my knowledge, we are all amateurs. The latest conversations discuss what the map will be about. Do you think the map would be near finished?

Embedded Image

Competition team map: Ship 

« Previous Page        Page 21 of 23     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: