New Videos YouTube
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 9 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

AA3 Version 3.0.8.1 Released! 

Drinkyoghurt

Private First Class

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 13:47 Profile

My steam is acting up. I'm getting a blank(grey) main screen and I can only see the download progress in the tray bar. Isn't very fast, 350KB/s, whilst my connection easily does 3MB/s

MajorWinters

Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 14:08 Profile Belgium

Drinkyoghurt, have you tried restarting steam? If you continue to have problems, make a new topic in the support section of this forum.

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

Kill-J

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 14:08 Profile Sweden

Sorry but the only thing I noticed, except for the ready button (weird location for the ready button btw) is that net code optimizations seem off. I can't hit anything now on a 12+ server...

johno1989

Recruit

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 15:00 Profile

can i just ask one favour please i think everyone is asking for this too but can we have quicker aim down sights and maybe a sidearms nothing too special but i hate it when you fired 30 bullets at someone (none of them registering) and then your looking at eachother while you reload...

Kill-J

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 15:13 Profile Sweden

...and what's with the sluggishness to start running?

A tip to the devs from AA2: Don't make things more slow, u tried it in AA2 for many years but had to re-think it and made it right...please don't make us wait 6 years for that Wink

MajorWinters

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 15:33 Profile Belgium

Kill-J, an update is being rolled out which should reduce lag further. Which is probably the root cause of the issue you are having.

Kill-J

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 16:06 Profile Sweden

K MajorWinters, lets see what that will do.

On another note, there was alot of talk about the problem with "AA3Game.exe has stopped working", is that addressed at all in this patch?

Several of my former clan mates can't run AA3 for more than 0.5 to 1.5 rounds until this bug strikes...I miss them!

.xMGKx.

Recruit

Posted: 29 Oct 2010 17:16 Profile

I Use steam and had no problems with the update. I must say that I am very impressed with this update. For me the game is running smoother than it has ever run and it's nowhere near as buggy... of course there is still problems but it seems to me that the Devs are starting to key in and get this awesome game on track. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see what the next patch brings Cheesy Grin

alert101

Recruit

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 07:45 Profile Finland

First, thank you for the new version!

Steam version downloaded quite nicely, a bit slow considering my connection but that's the Steam servers, between 700KB/s and 3MB/s.

Now, the feedback about the patch, which is unfortunately negative. Cheesy Grin

Vault/mantle when trying to revive someone...it's just weird. It seems to me that unless you stand right on top of the guy (watching down on him) who you are trying to heal the heal/vault/mantle-key defaults to vault/mantle. Eg. if I crouch next to the guy who needs to be revived I usually don't get the heal option, but vault/mantle instead. You'll have to seek for the "correct" position for a (long) while before you are able to heal him, otherwise you just vault over him. Please separate the mapping for use/heal and vault/mantle.

Regarding reviving, there are already a couple bug reports about being unable to revive someone when selecting the correct option and losing your med-kit. Especially when selecting OPA for shallow breathing.

Also, I seem to experience the same problems as Kill-J, unable to hit anything in some situations.

But overall gameplay seems a bit smoother on servers which are "crowded", 20+ players. This is however only a first impression on only one server. Wink

Keep up the good work and keep the patches/updates coming... maybe you could release the next one a bit sooner than it took between 3.0.8 and 3.0.8.1. Wink

Kill-J

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 09:04 Profile Sweden

MajorWinters wrote:

Kill-J, an update is being rolled out which should reduce lag further. Which is probably the root cause of the issue you are having.

Not sure if you rolled out the update, think Steam said something about it when I started my comp, but the problem is still there, ping is fine so is fps so the server is running fine but when the server get 12+ players aim goes away but the server is still fine...what did you guys do to bullet registration to get the net code optimized? I don't like it at all.

Imagine this, an enemy is comming straight at you from 15 meters away, you put 4 nice bursts into his head and then you die from his shots...what do you do? You scream and cuss since the game is not rewarding you for your good job.

I've had countless encounters with an enemy last night and today that was mine but no matter how well I shot, I died. Is correct aim now passes around like in a token ring network?

Aim was fine in AA2 and in 308, make it so again please! Confused

MetalGearSolid

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 10:54 Profile

I haven't been able to even test this new version because I can't even join my own server after applying this patch. It is a private server so I have to join through the console but the server just will not respond. Very, very weird and very very annoying. It seems every time AA3 is updated I have to go through the same tedious and annoying crap again to get my server up and running.

I did a fresh install of 3.0.8.1 on my server and Steam updated AA3 fine, so yeah, I don't know what's wrong here but this really is annoying. And before anyone asks me if I installed everything correctly, yes I did.

Will report back later when I do get to play the game. If not, I don't know whether I'm gonna keep my AA3 server or not. I'm just tired of all the manual labor you have to perform to get your server up and running. Isn't it about time for an admin panel like AA2 has devs?

MajorWinters

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 12:50 Profile Belgium

MetalGearSolid, an admin panel won't do much good if you can't even connect to the server. Create a new topic in the server support section of the forum if you need help.

Kill-J, the update that was rolled out was a new defaultgame.ini file. This means that GSP's or server owners have to make some changes and restart their servers for the changes to take effect. The defaultgame.ini file also contains documentation on how to change several bandwidth related settings.

I played on 2 different servers this morning, the first one was ok but there was a bit of lag from time to time. The second server I played on with 18 - 20 players ran very smooth.

MetalGearSolid

Sergeant

Posted: 30 Oct 2010 13:00 Profile

@MajorWinters: yes, you are right. I didn't make much sense there Smile I think it's either a corrupt installer or my host has to make some changes themselves. At times the installer wouldn't install the correct files for instance.

But yeah, even after the support team installed the patch I still can't connect to the server Sad

[96]Flatlander

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 05:03 Profile Germany

best update so far,not perfect but a little step forward.
hit registration improved,less lagging. on a full 26 slot server a smooth gameplay even if all pings are about 100.

dont get the idea behind the saw-jam..if its to stop "rambos" then its a fail.just because 99% shoot in short bursts. i dont run in a room shooting full auto till its empty.
but im happy with that because you didnt changed my gameplay ;)

bigger ready button is nice but the green mark infront of the names leads to mobbing if someone forget to push it^^

for a performance patch a bit too much useless changes like new screens,flashing bft but overall not the most worst job you guys did.

move on Very Happy

edit:a few more negative things...pb sux,random kicking all the time.. and the most annoying,everytime i logged into game my setting are gone....

MetalGearSolid

Sergeant

Posted: 31 Oct 2010 06:40 Profile

@flatlander: if you changed the settings while you were on a server they weren't saved. It happened to me as well. Change your settings while you're not on a server and you should be fine.

Well, the server is working now. Game runs great to me so far.

I do however wonder if the query ports have changed? GameTracker can't track the server anymore. I already posted there as well, but maybe someone here can tell me?

AA3 Version 3.0.8.1 Released! 

« Previous Page        Page 9 of 10     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: