» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 24 of 26     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Update 3.0.9 Wishlist 

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 18:11 Profile

SilentAssassin2707,

So make everyone look at a silly cross hair because SOME people could use blue tag and make there own crosshair, Not the greatest reason IMO. Makes it unrealistic for to few benefits, maybe a show / hide cross hair toggle switch to please the people that are after a more realistic experience, and also the people that don't really mind it being there.

has anyone got the full story of target accuracy vs the different shooting modes, standing, crouching, combat mode vs normal mode, etc??? i liked how the accuracy bar used to go up / down for accuracy in aa2

Crusha K. Rool

Private

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 19:34 Profile Germany

FlashBurn wrote:

A working, documented mission editor so that the community and make more maps. Ok I realize this might have some legal reasons as to why there isent one already.

Net code optimizations. Why does it seem that in order to bring up a weapons sights that this is being sent to the server, then back to the client.

Some of the community are trying themselves on new maps already. Maybe they have a reason to not make it public yet, for example to prevent users from creating pure spammy maps that only serve the purpose of gaining the achievements quickly. Unless that's exactly one reason to deny a server being an honor server at the moment.

But basically all you need is the UDK and the AA3 script files to be able to place game objectives and the like. The latter you find in the \Steam\steamapps\common\america's army 3\AA3Game\CookedPC folder with a .u extension. You just need to create your own assets since they were not put into a common package but baked into the maps.

Because such an action is exactly required to be sent to the server. The clients only purpose is to predict the actions in the game reliably enough on the local machine. He is only the authority of his own player but that doesn't change the fact that the server is "the man". The server always has the true state of the game while the clients get informations sent to reproduce it with their own prediction (and if the difference between client and server state of the game is too big, the server will gently or roughly force a correction on the client).

Now think of what happens when the player puts up his sight. If only his perspective changed, the server couldn't care less. But instead it also affects the player's walking speed and possibly even the accuracy value of the weapon and some other mechanics.
And that's something that the server needs to get notified about in order to tell the other clients and himself about the changed circumstances so that they can simulate them correctly.
Not even talking about that you need to be aware of the consequences of package loss or possible cheaters if you leave the client handle too much without authorization.

But I agree with the rest you mentioned.

FlashBurn

Recruit

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 20:53 Profile

Moving as much as you can client side would help a bunch with latency issues. As far as being less secure, sure I suppose, but isent that what punkbuster is for?

True about the UDK. I have the sight faved but havent gotten around to the downloading part. Im guessing that one of the reasons an editor is not included is fear about content. Ie. a guy makes a map and includes work such as textures that are no his or her own. As this is a US government project getting sued seems very plausable...big pockets. On the other hand, they could always check source files.

I'll have to try my hand with the udk. Not like i dont have all the tools I need for content creation. But apart from a nice porfolio piece will it get to be played? Thats a alot of work.

D.Liu

Recruit

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 22:13 Profile United States

=BFM=generalmalaise wrote:

SilentAssassin2707,
maybe a show / hide cross hair toggle switch to please the people that are after a more realistic experience, and also the people that don't really mind it being there.

You mean like the in-game function they already have?

Grawr]RH[

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 01:15 Profile

Yeah all you got to do is set hud transparency to 0% and no more crosshair. No more map either. No nada. Like a realistic game should be haha.

SilentAssassin2707

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 13:43 Profile

or just go to the Interface options and click the off button on anything you don't want to see. An option which existed going back to AA2 (and probably AA1).

=BFM=generalmalaise

Private First Class

Posted: 25 Feb 2011 17:25 Profile

i just opened aa3 single player. turned hud transparency to 0%, and i lost everything BUT the crosshair ???

i suggested a toggle switch, i'd still probably use it though, cos im used to it now,

i need the battle map too, and health-bar, cos i got plenty enough ROE allready, and i get shot often, i like to know how badly

pilgram

Recruit

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 07:46 Profile Hungary

and that annoying medic bug (reviving a teammate is impossible) is happening more often, I had some weeks ago 5 consecutive rounds, where I was bugged and noone could revive me. and self healing! at least stopping the bleeding would be nice.

60.Rekvin

Recruit

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 08:41 Profile

My wishlist so far is:

1. Able to drag team-mates out of harms way before attempt revive.

2. Better control of how much you want to open the doors, and maybie shoot open once opened just a bit?

Great Game!!

=NOLB=Driver56

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 16 Mar 2011 09:23 Profile United Kingdom

=BFM=generalmalaise wrote:

i just opened aa3 single player. turned hud transparency to 0%, and i lost everything BUT the crosshair ???

i suggested a toggle switch, i'd still probably use it though, cos im used to it now,

i need the battle map too, and health-bar, cos i got plenty enough ROE allready, and i get shot often, i like to know how badly

Just go to your Video card settings and set Anti Aliasing to Application Controlled Cool

Or , if you mean the large map , just press Tab Cool

SurviockAA3

Recruit

Posted: 17 Mar 2011 10:10 Profile Netherlands

60.Rekvin wrote:

My wishlist so far is:

1. Able to drag team-mates out of harms way before attempt revive.

Sounds good, however...Battlefield 3 have something like that now.

Grawr]RH[

Private First Class

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 23:41 Profile

give more options to servers please. 20 minute rounds, stuff like that. even un-timed rounds would be nice.

maxtt

Private

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 06:25 Profile

Remove minimap.If you want to know where is your teammates at the moment - they need say coordinates and only after you can see their on map.

greeneyes

Sergeant

Posted: 20 Mar 2011 20:47 Profile Satellite Provider

60.Rekvin wrote:

Able to drag team-mates out of harms way before attempt revive.

Sounds me reasonable, since the reviving system is implemented, not a very pleasant situation to revive/heal a comrade in the open field under enemy fire.

Brigadier

Sergeant

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 05:28 Profile Canada

Netcode optimization. More netcode optimization.

I have no lag playing other shooters, even larger-scale ones where there ought to be more lag, whereas in AA3's small maps I find myself continuously warping nonstop so that my entire playing experience is fully dependant on luck. Every. Single. Time.

Well, the times I don't I end up being glitched but whatever.

Oh, and SOLDIER FACES. PLEASE.

Last edited by Brigadier on 23 Mar 2011 21:48; edited 1 time in total

Update 3.0.9 Wishlist 

« Previous Page        Page 24 of 26     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: