Recruit

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 09:58 Profile Poland

Effect will be greater if You send an email to players one day earlier Idea

nikooo111

Sergeant

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 11:34 Profile Sweden

Yugon wrote:

Effect will be greater if You send an email to players one day earlier Idea

Or if they would make a window pop up in the game a week before the Challenge or event starts, that explains; When the event is what its about and how you join it.
Since only a minority of AA3 gamers hang out on the Forum the idea of a window to pop up in the game and remind you about the event or AA3 news would reach a wider audience!

joust my opinion

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 11:51 Profile Canada

there is probably not even enough servers to get that statistic..Thats if the game didnt lag so bad and everyone could get in a server Razz

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 17 Oct 2010 15:07 Profile

actually

every server is diffrent fristly nothing is bad about the game secondly

a few miner bugs and people seem to flame this and that but funny how a consiole game can have flaws and people love it as a jewel they dont care about the flaws they just got ramsacked by a bunch of chickens

YourAngryW!fe

Recruit

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 08:05 Profile

No offence mates - I'm loyal and faithful player - but this useless pseudoevent sounds like it covers that just nothing crucial in AA3 happens. All that mist about exact numbers - even if there were 5000 players (which is one of the most optimistic guess in this thread), it's still 1/10 of the past... It's up to everybody to interpret this...

In my opinion instead of wasting the time (or showing the unpleasant thruth which everybody knows) the project should concentrate on quality and tenderable content, which is - in comparision to another games - the main weak point of this game (no more snuffle about not being able to throw the nade, about 20 fps on highend hardware, about using ancient version of DX asw.).

Otherwise you can ask for anything - even the "record of players with beer and cat on the table" - but there will be nobody to ask...

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 18 Oct 2010 10:42 Profile United States

YourAngryW!fe,

I don't find that it was about anything crucial, except to make some kind of record. I have seen no other word to suggest otherwise that this had anything to do with testing game performance, or the servers. Something like this would have been brought up months ago, and that would be a large coordinated effort. The fact that it was only brought up just shortly before the date, is just simply to make it into an event (maybe to spark publicity). It is just that, and no agenda behind it as far as I can see. So, it would be useless to state that it wasn't crucial, simplistically because that's already what it is. Anyone else, is just speculating and making things up to say otherwise, probably to spice things up.

This, therefore, would be totally separate from the project, and AFAIK, the Devs have already been working on it for MONTHS. At least they also deserve a break too, instead of being hounded by criticism to go back to working on the game. They're not a multi-capital corporate machine after all, and the game's development has never made any obligations that things have to get fixed when you say they should get it fixed. I have never heard of any government sanctioned project funded by taxpayers run on their say-so. Especially since it's also often projects get shut down even before the good ideas get to see them working in real life. I don't see how people should add more pressure to that.

Though there is one part that is quite a mystery to me - what do you mean about using ancient DX? I think that would also be useless to say that it's ancient. Mainly because, at least 2 versions we use today are actually current, not ancient. Since most people use XP, it's only possible to have DX9 supported (assuming you think THAT is ancient), since Microsoft hasn't pushed to make DX10 and DX11 to work on those machines. The burden isn't on AGP on that part, so arguing against them about it is a bit pointless.

Annie Ao

Recruit

Posted: 19 Oct 2010 02:05 Profile

Because..

Do you need a valid reason for every thing you do?

ahaha~~~so cute!

[Mod Edit: Tos Violation]

YourAngryW!fe

Recruit

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 14:15 Profile

Lilith, no offense as I said... I don't argue for or against anything - I know DEVs did bunch of work and (probably) it's not fair to compare this project with another big projects e.g. from EA. Let every person play whatever he wants to... it's about taste of particular person. But... everything has pros and cons and I'm afraid (for me and in my opinion) AA3 has more cons than pros. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy playing it - I really do - but that also doesn't mean that it couldn't be much, much bettter...

Help Us Set a New AA3 Record! 

« Previous Page        Page 6 of 6     
  Page Jump     

Jump to: