« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Help Us Set a New AA3 Record! 

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 12:17 Profile United States

-Imp wrote:

=IK=Doba= wrote:

from my understanding the "numbers" are on the left side of the chart.. sooo im seeing ~750 players?!? .. very little and makes sense.

I think you have to add both numbers: 755 Players + 187 Members = 942. I am not sure, but it doesn't really make a difference Cheesy Grin

Of course, we all know battletracker is third party tool and no official source. But since there is no official result and I can't see a real difference between 10/10/10 and the days before and after, the chart is the best indicator we can get at the moment.

That would be incorrect. If youre adding, the graph wouldn't say there are 942. There would be just 755 in total. However, I believe that the 187 are the people out of the 755 who are registered at tracker. That would make more sense.

fartgasblowfart

Recruit

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 12:29 Profile

i think it probably was a record...............
but for the least number of players

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 12:38 Profile Lebanon

I think it wasn't to set a new record, but put more stress on the Authentication servers before they release the patch .

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 14:07 Profile United States

bachirn wrote:

I think it wasn't to set a new record, but put more stress on the Authentication servers before they release the patch .

Why do you say that?

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 15:50 Profile Lebanon

IMO, if they really wanted to break the record, they would've posted this at least a week before, and they would post the results . I think they posted it a day before, so they could get a picture of the approximate number of daily players, with the addition of a few hundreds after the patch is released . Anyways, I liked the idea and was part of it, whatever it was Very Happy

Phoenix

Army Project Team
Army Project Team

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 16:07 Profile United States

This past Sunday we called on our community to try and help us set a new AA3 single day player record. While we didn't quite surpass the old record, we were very pleased to see a noticeable jump in players. Once all the counts were in, Sunday's player total was 30% higher than average! Many members of our community have emailed us reporting Developer, AACM and Beta Tester sightings on dozens of America's Army 3 servers, and to say that they had a great day of gaming. Thanks to everyone in our community for making this event so successful, and keep on the lookout for our next AA3 event.

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 16:19 Profile United States

bachirn wrote:

IMO, if they really wanted to break the record, they would've posted this at least a week before, and they would post the results . I think they posted it a day before, so they could get a picture of the approximate number of daily players, with the addition of a few hundreds after the patch is released . Anyways, I liked the idea and was part of it, whatever it was Very Happy

If they wanted auth servers to be tested, wouldn't they have also called to plan this event ahead of time as you said, AND mentioned it? It takes time to coordinate such an effort, while emphasizing the need for people to break a record. Furthermore, they wouldn't do this without telling us. Making up an event to further a (secret) agenda, is what I liken to a conspiracy. How seriously do you think people would take that?

=NOLB=Kratos

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 16:22 Profile

well lets do it again this weekend

bachirn

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 16:51 Profile Lebanon

I don't see it as a conspiracy .. Only as a positive side of it . Maybe they wanted to break the record as well, sort of hitting two birds with one stone . But great to see the increase of player numbers Smile Just shows how many people are checking the forums everyday, waiting patiently for the next patch Razz

-Imp

Recruit

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 17:27 Profile Germany

Phoenix wrote:

This past Sunday we called on our community to try and help us set a new AA3 single day player record. While we didn't quite surpass the old record, we were very pleased to see a noticeable jump in players. Once all the counts were in, Sunday's player total was 30% higher than average! Many members of our community have emailed us reporting Developer, AACM and Beta Tester sightings on dozens of America's Army 3 servers, and to say that they had a great day of gaming. Thanks to everyone in our community for making this event so successful, and keep on the lookout for our next AA3 event.

06-22-2009: 42.588
10-10-2010: ??.???
Average: ??.???

30% higher than average sounds nice, but makes it impossible for us to compare the numbers Evil or Very Mad.

RSix-Cookie

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 00:51 Profile Germany

Phoenix wrote:

thx Very Happy

Doc!_KoDen87

Private

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 02:37 Profile

[user="-Imp wrote:

06-22-2009: 42.588
10-10-2010: ??.???
Average: ??.???

30% higher than average sounds nice, but makes it impossible for us to compare the numbers Evil or Very Mad.

BattleTracker shows a minimum of about 240 players and a maximum of about 750 for 10/10/2010 . I wouldn't bother telling the average and 30% of the average over this numbers, it's really about 1 hundred players in the best scenario. It might be different if we're talking about people who just logged in and played few minutes but that is hardly worthy to be called "gaming experience".

xan1965

Private First Class

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 05:01 Profile Brazil

Phoenix wrote:

Thanks for notice, Sir.

We will be here as usual, trusting and supporting.

HOOAH !!!

((+N+))-=RAV3N=-

MajorWinters

Volunteer Community Manager
Volunteer Community Manager

Posted: 14 Oct 2010 11:03 Profile Belgium

Those battletracker statistics don't provide any detail as to how many people played on a given day at all. All it shows is the amount of players online at a given time.

If it shows a 750 player peak at 20:00 pm, all it means is that at that point 750 people were online. However it's perfectly possible that between 20:00pm and 21:00pm 5000 unique players have played.

That graph from BattleTracker can not be used to determine how many players played on a given day.

Youtube channel | Manual | Live Support

RayMD

Private First Class

Posted: 15 Oct 2010 13:32 Profile Germany

as far as I know the avg. is something about 500 players

Help Us Set a New AA3 Record! 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 6     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: