HOT TOPICS  

New Videos YouTube
Webmaster Asset Kit
AA3 YouTube Videos
Training Missions
» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

What competition players want to see in this game... 

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 22:07 Profile United States

I believe you're misinterpreting the context of the conversation. I was only backing up what a Dev does in relation to the way he operates. Whether or not I'm even in competition is of no consequence to the methods of my operation. Then you inquire as to my identity.

I've heard this before, though I don't remember where (likely from a DS): "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" In all honesty, stats are the least of my concerns. I don't need it to back up a statement that already knows my knowledge of how to buttonhook in a CQB mission to clear a room with 2 to 4 people.

m2-PhR3Ak

Private

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 22:19 Profile Canada

I was not trying to attack, I was just trying to prove a point to a player that he's wrong. If no one ever gets behind him, he's either telling a stretched truth, or does not play with real players.

Keeping your name "classified" is fine, but if you wish to conceal yourself and not prove you play the game. Yet you speak that you do not care about stats.... So what is it... do you care? do you not?

Here's my profile page - not afraid to show it:
http://login.aa3.americasarmy....ormance

Last edited by m2-PhR3Ak on 26 Sep 2010 01:42; edited 1 time in total
Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 24 Sep 2010 23:04 Profile Canada

Nice stats phreak Smile with the state of the game that is pretty good and im sure as the game gets better so will those stats..

Here's mine: http://login.aa3.americasarmy....ormance

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 08:16 Profile United States

m2-PhR3Ak wrote:

I was not trying to attack, I was just trying to prove a point to a player that he's wrong. If no one ever gets behind him, he's either telling a stretched truth, or does not play with real players.

Keeping your name "classified" is fine, but if you wish to conceal yourself and not prove you play the game. Yet you speak that you do not care about stats.... So what is it... do you care? do you not?

I don't care for the stats. They don't tell you the full story. It is not a stretched truth.

frankof

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 08:33 Profile Norway

Lilith, I suggest you respect the thread starters request for only replys from ppl. that actually play the game competitively, they have special needs as we regular players have little insight of.

I would hate to lock the thread due to it turning in to a pissing contest.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 10:35 Profile Canada

Lilith wrote:

I (likely from a DS): "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

lol, quoting "The Rock" WWE superstar.. he always made fun of this opponents asking "whats your name son?.. IT doesnt matter what your name is" hehe

... my stats are confidential also !!

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 11:47 Profile Canada

Oh well

Last edited by Wonkss on 26 Sep 2010 02:01; edited 1 time in total
Lilith

Sergeant Major

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 23:33 Profile United States

frankof wrote:

Lilith, I suggest you respect the thread starters request for only replys from ppl. that actually play the game competitively, they have special needs as we regular players have little insight of.

I would hate to lock the thread due to it turning in to a pissing contest.

Special needs, eh?

All I did was just back up Kotern's methods of playing the game, with a point, that it is regardless of whether this affects how people play competitively (see, I'm still talking about the subject). I already knew not to make it a pissing contest, because you should have seen I kept from divulging information (namely my ID) that would lead to who is the bigger gun or not. I resisted the encouragement of those looking for that, because that was not the point. They totally doubted me when I say I do it. It would be nice if they'd at least try it for themselves.

Frankly, this was never important for me or how I play the game. I would think that competitively, this should be the least of one's concerns, compared to successfully outsmarting an opponent. That's what I'd like to see.

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 25 Sep 2010 23:57 Profile Canada

Oh well

Last edited by Wonkss on 26 Sep 2010 02:01; edited 1 time in total
[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 00:45 Profile United States

Wonkss wrote:

Dude you just dont get it do you????

We know you dont have another name and that your mom wont even let you actually play the game its alright son now please go to bed before your dad gets home thanks bye....

Just for your piece of mind Fragweiser is probably one of the best competition clans in aa3 na ladders at the present time if not the best Cheesy Grin ALRIGHT so have a good day if not the best Cheesy Grin

BURN! MASSIVE BURN! I N C I N E R A T I O N!!!! YOU ARE THE INSULT MASTER!!!!!!!

Seriously wonkss, if you guys have something worthwhile to tell us about competitive play it's surely not just "Lilith may or may not be a inexperienced player who posts on the forum but I'm betting so because lilith hasn't posted stats and I'm 7 kinds of confident that I am a super-leet competitive player."

Making accusations about parents like that is not helping your reputation, guys. My suggestion is you stop picking on lilith and return to discussing what competitive players want out of AA. This is one of those rare occasions where a game's devs are refreshing every couple hours and discussing your input at work. Case in point: if you can poke holes in lilith's arguments without resorting to "you aren't a verified credible competitive player", we'll be listening in.

m2-PhR3Ak

Private

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 01:41 Profile Canada

Wonkss wrote:

Dude you just dont get it do you????

We know you dont have another name and that your mom wont even let you actually play the game its alright son now please go to bed before your dad gets home thanks bye....

Just for your piece of mind Fragweiser is probably one of the best competition clans in aa3 na ladders at the present time if not the best Cheesy Grin ALRIGHT so have a good day if not the best Cheesy Grin

Wonks, why would you go posting another attack against the player. Moderator already warned about locking the thread which has been a great thread up until now. Speaking of his mother is no way to behave, especially for someone as reputable as you.

We all know Lilith is not a competitive player, we know all he plays is bridge. Let's leave it at that.

Lilith, moderator spoke directly to you yet you post again. This thread is for competitive players, not regular players.

Please guys, let's get this thread back on topic, there has been some constructive feedback and responses so far. Let's keep it coming...

-----------------------------------

To the DEVs, are you guys aware of cloning grenades/smoke/flashes? I'm sure you are, if not pointing it out.

There's other stuff I did mention that I would like to know about, did not really get a response about the mini map. Competition with Take&Hold is extremely difficult to play when a team knows when an objective is being taken. Case and point, there is lots of teams that avoid them all together, cause they know once they do there is a grenade coming or ambush of the team waiting for them to make a move. Generally it's not until the last minute or so that teams start taking the objective to win.

The same thing goes for securing an enemy, when you secure they know exactly where on the map. This should be communicated by the team, not seen visually. My suggestion, instead of showing an X when they're secured, simply make it fade away like 5 seconds after they're secured. Something that will not be easily caught by the eye like the X is.

If I were to make a summary of the top requests from the competitive players it would be...

1. Demorecs
2. Tournament GUI for the server
3. Full control of reloading

Last edited by m2-PhR3Ak on 26 Sep 2010 02:42; edited 2 times in total
Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 02:04 Profile Canada

Sorry

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 02:16 Profile Canada

Any idea dev's when or if we might see an update in pb for the game? i dont beleave we have seen one since its release and we could sure use the help against people not playing fair while also setting to ease some of the minds about the good players. I'm not sure if its you guys that deal with pb about the game or if its all on them i was just wondering. aside from demo recs there is no real way to stop them in pub servers as well as match servers so anything would be greatly apreccieted HooaH

m2-PhR3Ak

Private

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 02:23 Profile Canada

Personally, just going to ignore any remarks he comes back with and skip to the next post. This post is clearly about AA3 competitive players, so his voice is no longer a concern to me. From my findings and way he speaks I suspect it is a kid...

I'm working on a new league that I promise will have lot more anti-cheat involvement. All matches will be played on the leagues servers, not the teams. So even the teams that cannot afford a server can play.

Suspected players will be spectated / recorded - video evidence will be grounds to suspension and banning.

Once established properly I will take the next step of developing an AC application that will monitor players machines.

One more question for the DEVs this is a big concern to everyone, even regular players....

Why is PB doing nothing? There has not been an update since the game was released over a year ago... I remember AA2 having lots of updates... Cheating is becoming a real problem lately because nothing is being done to prevent them other than the AC communities with their own CVARs and MD5 checks.

Quote:

Monday 6.22.2009 [6:00AM]

America's Army version 3 (AAv3) has been released with PunkBuster support. Please note that we are currently continuing support for the original America's Army version 2 separately.

Bunch of LIARS!

Wednesday 04.01.2009 [3:45PM] last AA2 update. So what are they being paid for? Just to say there's something... if you don't update programming... eventually it gets exploited. Being a Web Developer for Fortune 500 company (Insight Enterprises), internet is even more dangerous than a video game for hackers. Yet we keep with constant updates and monitoring...

Merc Two - AA3 Competitive Clan
www.MercTwo.com

Competitive Gaming - AA3
www.HighFrag.com

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 02:51 Profile Canada

Oh yeah one more thing would be cool is a setting in the game to turn off tie breaker rounds at 3-3 not for pubs some much in competition we dont play your standard 6 round match we play 12 and leagues may go upto 14 rounds..Or possibly a setting to change how many rounds are played and how many rounds per side before a swtich of sides is done... then we can set to eg: 14 rounds swap sides at 7 or 12 rounds swap sides at 6 its just kinda wierd you kinda get on a roll on one side and your swithing sides before you know it even in pubs 12 rounds a match swapping every 6 might even be something to look at...HooaH

What competition players want to see in this game... 

« Previous Page        Page 5 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: