HOT TOPICS  

Common Solutions
Community Sites
Deploy/AMW Features
2nd Video Challenge
» See more topics

Page 1 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

What competition players want to see in this game... 

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:24 Profile Canada

Hi. I wanted to start this post to see what my fellow competitiors in the aa3 world would like to see put into or fixed in this game. This is not a place for people with minumal game time or wannabe's to post i want serious competitors only to post here and we all know who we are so please everyone else keep your stuff to yourself..

I would like to see demorec fixed #1

demorec are a big thing to stop and limit the amount of cheaters in the game and is a big thing that is currently not working..

Redneck29

First Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:30 Profile United Kingdom

Wonkss wrote:

This is not a place for people with minumal game time or wannabe's to post i want serious competitors only to post here and we all know who we are so please everyone else keep your stuff to yourself.

I'd suggest that was not quite the right attitude to bring to a public feedback forum; especially one with such strict moderation guidelines.

All The Best

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:37 Profile Canada

See thats why i said it so people wouldn't post junk in here like your doing....

second reason is im sick of seeing people post things when they post more then play... alright thanks

965be@4.0ghz, 4gb ddr3 1600,ga-790fxta-ud5,corsair f60 boot drive,hd6870oc,samsung 2494hm
Logitech g15 keyboard,Cyborg Rat7,magalodon hp

#Kingfish

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:40 Profile

He's looking for suggestions from competative players and not people who only pub.

demorec would be nice to have.

max roe limit kick.. think there's a problem with it, even when it's disabled. could be a misconfigured ini setting, but setting it to null still kicks.

button for requestdiscardround instead of typing it in... I liked the options aa2 gave us. Especially with tournament mode.

ready button should indicate who is ready and who is not. (not really an issue for leagues though).

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:41 Profile Canada

Rgr Kingfish that would be a big help and i totally agree a requestdiscardround button would be awsome as well hooah soldier good post...

Kill-J

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 13:56 Profile Sweden

Admin panel with match settings like aa2 but with better count of 2 of 3 obj, tie, etc and OT settings as well.

BlazeOglory

Recruit

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 14:04 Profile United States

Wonkss wrote:

I would like to see demorec fixed #1

This. Without it matching and competitive play is just for fun and the rankings don't mean much. And it's not just one team you need it for. I would prefer server side but will take whatever we can get.

I'm sure all the bugs and such that are in the game are on the list by default.

#Kingfish

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 14:37 Profile

actually.... I really dont see this game being a competative game with the direction it's going. Every attribute of a competative gamer is being taken out of the game. Sure, they want it more realistic which is fine but they seem to want to take out all aspect of the of it is.. a game.. and soon, there will be no balance with realism and game play.

Every input from us(competative gamers) concerning how the game is played will always get replied with, "You don't see soldiers do that in real life" or go play something else...

Soon, this game is going to be in favor of the camper who never leaves spawn.... Or a player that has to play with an atari joystick.... Or a player who everytime he wants to swap guns, nades, crouch, prone has to look down at their keyboard.... Or a player with terrible mouse aim that cant get a kill....

All I know is that you have players that can play the game real good and there are players that are not able to play the game as good.. and instead of players training themselves to be better players, they rather change a way a game is designed so they don't have to be better players....

In the end, we are all just blowing smoke, because what is said on this topic really means nothing to any developer in my opinion. They seem to care less or nothing about competative players and what a competative player believes what is to be a fun, realistic yet competative game to play.

I can go on and on.. but, really, there is no point. I just hope when the end comes, I still get to play against my fellow competative clans out there in whatever comes next.

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 14:57 Profile Canada

Kingfish after reading about penalties for strafing and im sure more to come (movement restrictions) the game is taking a different direction..They want it to be more for people who play one and awhile or cant seem to like you say aim properly because it shows nothing to remove/restrict movement i get killed all the time and i kill all the time. its a game of risks and we take them by choosing our own movement in the game.i.e strafing side to side leaning running and attacking as well as deffensive play.Now remove those abilities by strafing penalties and running penalties shooting penalties what do you have...A game that only lets you do the basic min of anything other then be a camper and we all know boring camping is not the way to attract a player base.... Maybe some of these suggesters should play some competition and see what and how good teams play maybe thier opinions might change alittle.....

[Dev]Kotern

Developer
Developer

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 15:45 Profile United States

Wonkss wrote:

Kingfish after reading about penalties for strafing and im sure more to come (movement restrictions) the game is taking a different direction..They want it to be more for people who play one and awhile or cant seem to like you say aim properly because it shows nothing to remove/restrict movement

We are in no way making movement restrictions. I'm guessing your referring to 4ohn's post about the ASDWASDW issue. That is a very contained scenario that will not affect normal gameplay (trust me). If anything, we are making improvements to that game that will make the game more stable and consistent which will allow everyone to enjoy the game more.

We understand that Clans are a big part of the AA community and we have had discussions on how to get your guys more involved in the game.

I am curious to know how " Every attribute of a competative gamer is being taken out of the game." If you could, elaborate on this, please. Idea

Wonkss

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 16:03 Profile Canada

#1 the point you have mentioned above (how do you figure its not a restriction?)
#2 already restiricted aim when standing and crouching
#3 auto reloading (stupidest thing ever added)
#4 lean has been greatly reduced (hopefully comes back)
#5 slowing the game to a crawl (already done if played in a competition setting or on a server with some good players/ clans)
#6 no admin panel (heard thats in the works 1 yr ago)
#7 no demorecs (heard thts in the works 1yr ago)

and there is more!!!!!!

You guys are worried about movement being restriced but yet nothing is done about anything mentioned above as well as the numerous bugs and glitches in the game... I know the " were working on it" line we have all heard it before... The end still remains the same how long did it take to screw with boxing/dancing ,guns field of fire when stnading to crouching but yet nothing has been fixed.....

I'm sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way it is just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way..

I personaly have played aa2 since 2001 and aa3 since before it was released i have played competition (from open league to main) for more then 3/4 of that time.

We play often and your more then welcome to jump on our ts3/match server and watch some matches if you would like to see what happens and how matches are played..

[Dev]Kotern

Developer
Developer

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 16:28 Profile United States

Wonkss wrote:

#1 the point you have mentioned above (how do you figure its not a restriction?)
#2 already restiricted aim when standing and crouching
#3 auto reloading (stupidest thing ever added)
#4 lean has been greatly reduced (hopefully comes back)
#5 slowing the game to a crawl (already done if played in a competition setting or on a server with some good players/ clans)
#6 no admin panel (heard thats in the works 1 yr ago)
#7 no demorecs (heard thts in the works 1yr ago)

and there is more!!!!!!

You guys are worried about movement being restriced but yet nothing is done about anything mentioned above as well as the numerous bugs and glitches in the game... I know the " were working on it" line we have all heard it before... The end still remains the same how long did it take to screw with boxing/dancing ,guns field of fire when stnading to crouching but yet nothing has been fixed.....

I'm sorry if anyone takes this the wrong way it is just my opinion so don't take it the wrong way..

I personaly have played aa2 since 2001 and aa3 since before it was released i have played competition (from open league to main) for more then 3/4 of that time.

We play often and your more then welcome to jump on our ts3/match server and watch some matches if you would like to see what happens and how matches are played..

Ok, let's try this for your list

#1 is not what you think it is. When you get the update, you will understand. So, please stay calm. You will most honestly never notice it.

#2 i'm not quite sure what you mean. The accuracy while shooting in crouch/stand will never be as accurate as laying prone. If you are talking about the inaccuracy modifier while switching between stances, that just makes sense because you will not be as accurate while moving between stances.

#3 i was not aware we had auto reloading. I will have to triple check that. But would auto reloading honestly affect gameplay?

#4 lean has been adjusted to the way it is to fix other bugs and problems that were being caused by people being able to lean through walls and other objects. Sorry, but that is staying the way it is.

#5 is ambiguous and I don't really understand what you mean. We have not adjusted the speed of players to my knowledge so I am assuming you mean something else.

#6 the admin panel is a sad problem that has been discussed quite a bit lately.

#7 demorecs would be nice, sorry.

I'm sorry that you feel like we are somehow excluding you in some way. Whenever have discussion we always take new players and veteran players into account.

Endboss

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 16:55 Profile Germany

the lean funtion is a bad solution now, cant u just add some blocking volumes to the walls /objects so the player does not glitch thru the specific things?
better instead of cut down an important gameplay feature

dgodfather

Private First Class

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 16:59 Profile United States

It seems as though it may also affect how you get hit by bullets as well. If the lean is a problem in both regards you may as well remove it completely.

Embedded Image

[Dev]Kotern

Developer
Developer

Posted: 22 Sep 2010 17:02 Profile United States

Endboss wrote:

the lean funtion is a bad solution now, cant u just add some blocking volumes to the walls /objects so the player does not glitch thru the specific things?
better instead of cut down an important gameplay feature

The simple answer is 'no'. Unfortunately, there is no simple fix for this issue and we did what we had to so that players could no longer exploit. That's as much as I'm going to say on leaning in AA3. Sorry mate.

What competition players want to see in this game... 

Page 1 of 7     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: