» See more topics

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Life of a 68W, or: How I learned to love the balm 

KoldRayne

Sergeant

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 15:47 Profile United States

Phoenix wrote:

Doc's enthusiasm is terrific and we all appreciate his recent contributions to our forums. One point of clarification though; the development of the Combat Medic for AA3 has been temporarily postponed. Instead, other Army roles will be developed and added to the game. The Combat Medic will be revisited in future evolutions of America's Army 3.

I hope the devs (including doc) stay active on the forums. It is reassuring to the community and shows that you guys care about the project and the players. In a time where it truly felt like the community was slowly bleeding out and the 'medic!' calls were going unanswered, doc stepped in, whispered "you are going to be alright buddy. keep hanging in there", and has begun treating the wound.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 19:58 Profile United States

I was going for more of a "STOP WHINING IT'S NOT THAT BAD!", but I guess it's my fault for whispering and hand holding... Thanks for the warm sentiments guys.

KoldRayne

Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 00:52 Profile United States

[Dev]Doc wrote:

I was going for more of a "STOP WHINING IT'S NOT THAT BAD!", but I guess it's my fault for whispering and hand holding... Thanks for the warm sentiments guys.

Well I changed it for dramatization like they do in movies based on true stories. The audience reponds better to the insprational fictious quotations more so than they do the dull factual ones.

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 06:37 Profile Norway

KoldRayne wrote:

[Dev]Doc wrote:

Well I changed it for dramatization like they do in movies based on true stories. The audience reponds better to the insprational fictious quotations more so than they do the dull factual ones.

which i personally think is lame, if i were to watch a action movie i would watch chuck Norris. not some fancy pansy semi realistic moive.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 07:39 Profile Canada

Not sure how I feel about this post and where the medic class will take this game, I havent been in the amry or anything remotely near combat, I simply play a video game that for me has the best game play..

Im interested in where Doc will take this medic position but also worried it will change things dramatically, I understand IRL what you guys say about not shooting medics and medics not shooting back. Again I play a FPS army game, that means I like to shoot, however one of the stats I do care about is reviving people, yes im a Natural Born Killer in AA3 lol, but I take pride in my medic skills, now while I read all your posts Im getting a feeling that this might be taken away from me.

I really like the current medic system, it takes some thought and skill, and I love the idea that everyone has the ability, this way I have more than one role on my team, plus not everyone medics or are a good medic, so the more on my team the safer I feel... yes I know youll say thats not realistic..

one suggestion I have about the medic if youre going into the direction I think, is that everyone can still have the ability to revive (since we are forced to sit in medic class), but not heal, or heal to slow down bleeding but not completely stop bleeding.. only the medic class can do that.

how about from another point of view, if the medic class going in your direction of not shooting and not getting shot at, and the position isnt all that popular among players? that means no medics on your team? I dont like that..because in the end people play FPS games to shoot, and if there is a non shooting position.. Im being honest with you, I dont want it... even though I do like to help my team and revive team mates.

so Im interested what you have up your sleeve Doc, cause it could really be a game changer, in a positive or a negative way. I thought the current system is unique and awesome from the first time playing, I really hope I still like it down the line.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 08:55 Profile United States

Ermm...How do I say this without giving too much away, doba? What you're afraid of isn't how it's going to be Very Happy I enjoy teasing the community with questions about how you guys would solve the problems I've talked about. I think the medic will be your favorite competitive role.

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 08:59 Profile United States

=IK=Doba= wrote:

one suggestion I have about the medic if youre going into the direction I think, is that everyone can still have the ability to revive (since we are forced to sit in medic class), but not heal, or heal to slow down bleeding but not completely stop bleeding.. only the medic class can do that.

I disagree, I'm not sure how an Infrantry unit does it, or even an Armor unit anymore, but when I was in the Service I was a combat life saver- nothing compared to a Combat medic. There was only one of us per Platoon.

I think there should only be one per squad- If everyone played the game as it was meant to be played, the squads wouldn't be spread all over the place running and gunning, then complaining that the medics don't help them, or expect the medic to come to them in the line of fire in Opfor terroritory-

As it is now- everyone can revive, which I think promotes non-teamwork. One medic per squad could help keep troops close together- if the right injury model is implemented.

Embedded Image

"If you want peace- Prepare for War."

Bridge Crossing Northeast H.A.L.O.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 09:30 Profile Canada

Im fine with one per squad as long as he still has all the capabilities of a regular soldier.. basically same role as in AA2, but with AA3 medic features... this will work fine If I do have the ability to heal myself (a feature most people are for)

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 10:29 Profile Norway

=IK=Doba= wrote:

Im fine with one per squad as long as he still has all the capabilities of a regular soldier.. basically same role as in AA2, but with AA3 medic features... this will work fine If I do have the ability to heal myself (a feature most people are for)

it would be fine for me to have just one medic per squad(team), Cheesy Grin but i guess that would be too little so 1 each fireteam is k too. either way i want to have Tourniquet, and some traning for it. or we will have inexperienced player strapping Tourniquets to their neck trying to stop bleeding Cheesy Grin ;) you could even add the 5 pages about it from the FM 21-11, lots a pictures yey. sadly it seems they have removed the warning about, not using the Tourniquet on the neck in the newer version, I swear the old one had the warning. because i was like Shocked when i read it.

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 10:37 Profile United States

I like hearing your guys' ideas. As it's been noted, and I feel I should reaffirm, this is not in any final form. We're really just discussing the idea of what a medic class should be in the game - so understand that I'm not 'revealing' anything.

Keep this in mind - if there is more the one medic, their value to the team has to be less than if there was one. If everyone could be a medic, their value would have to be little more than the CLS guy to keep it balanced. So...the most potent medic, from a balance perspective, would be alone on a squad.

What do you guys think the medic should carry?

viking_from_norway

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 10:40 Profile Norway

[Dev]Doc wrote:

I like hearing your guys' ideas. As it's been noted, and I feel I should reaffirm, this is not in any final form. We're really just discussing the idea of what a medic class should be in the game - so understand that I'm not 'revealing' anything.

Keep this in mind - if there is more the one medic, their value to the team has to be less than if there was one. If everyone could be a medic, their value would have to be little more than the CLS guy to keep it balanced. So...the most potent medic, from a balance perspective, would be alone on a squad.

What do you guys think the medic should carry?

a less effective CQB weapon, the M9 pistol could be good, IMO. Would that be authentic? smgs are a bit, naa. The US army don’t use them so much afik, having only a pistol would be a lot easier to treat your patients on the go IRL. addisonally not making the medic very combat effecitve, 9mm dont like armor. also he could run a bit faster, because of carring only a pistol. which is useful for the medic.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 10:58 Profile Canada

I was thinking more of the lines of an M16 light load, no nades of any kind and only a few rounds so that like viking said he could run faster than most..
reason why I think he should have some sort of a gun over a simple pistol is that your average AA3 player will overlook the position if its ONLY a medic position.. people still want to shoot and kill

-VVaFFenPanZZeR-

Staff Sergeant

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 11:08 Profile United States

=IK=Doba= wrote:

I was thinking more of the lines of an M16 light load, no nades of any kind and only a few rounds so that like viking said he could run faster than most..
reason why I think he should have some sort of a gun over a simple pistol is that your average AA3 player will overlook the position if its ONLY a medic position.. people still want to shoot and kill

A Medic would most diffently need smoke.

I think the medic soldier should have a medic pack that is visible to everyone.

=IK=Doba=

Sergeant First Class

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 11:23 Profile Canada

hmm yeah smoke would come in handy..

Ohh good one.. a large medic pack with a HUGE red + on it... which is visible from back and sides.. but front? red boots lol

[Dev]Doc

Developer
Developer

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 12:29 Profile United States

You sure you guys wouldn't want him to have the SAW and defibrillators? Laughing

Life of a 68W, or: How I learned to love the balm 

« Previous Page        Page 3 of 4     
  Page Jump        Next Page »  

Jump to: